Jazz Approach is back up

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Jazz Approach is back up

Post by Rowdy »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:59 am
airway wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:34 am
C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:12 pm For one thing with no way to get Pic Time when they say “career as fo’s” in their ad they mean it.
Add another $25,000 or so to rent a Cessna to get the 250 PIC hours for the ATPL.
I think Jazz offers PICUS up to 100 hrs, so it's 150 PIC. You need 100 hrs to get your CPL so in the end you need to rent a plane for about 50 hrs, right? That's over $10K, if you pay around $200 per hour.
Don't forget the night PIC X-country. With all the new hires/upgrades and others with min time when they started, PICUS at Jazz is hard to come by.

There are cheaper options for rental, but 150-200hr is in range. Amazing to think I used to have access to a cherokee and 177 for $75hr wet.
---------- ADS -----------

IJNShiroyuki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by IJNShiroyuki »

How much does Jazz pay their first officer? It's not like the graduated student is guaranteed a job with livable wage. Even if you find a rental in Toronto for 1.5k a month, that adds up to 18K a year. 120k loan will get you 9k interested. That's already 27K in. if jazz pays you 45k a year, which from rumors I heard they aren't (I'm not sure how accurate is this), that leaves you 7k a years, or a bit over 500$ a month for everything else.
Why would someone even take this.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

IJNShiroyuki wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:04 pm How much does Jazz pay their first officer? It's not like the graduated student is guaranteed a job with livable wage. Even if you find a rental in Toronto for 1.5k a month, that adds up to 18K a year. 120k loan will get you 9k interested. That's already 27K in. if jazz pays you 45k a year, which from rumors I heard they aren't (I'm not sure how accurate is this), that leaves you 7k a years, or a bit over 500$ a month for everything else.
Why would someone even take this.
Well, some people have money and help from family. I can see those individuals succeed. If you're at home with mom and dad and have to pay no rent or bills, you can handle it. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, just a fact. Unfortunately not everyone has that safety net.

Return to “General Comments”