Carson and pay

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Carson and pay

Post by rigpiggy »

Looking at Indeed, they show median pay as 74k is this captain? Or is it a blend of capt/fo pay. Ffs so hard to put an actual price, have turned down 3 other jobs after wasting time in an interview for low pay. Save us the bother and let us decide if we will even apply
---------- ADS -----------

Canadaflyer46
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Carson and pay

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

Pay there is garbage. A few years ago they were still paying $21k for an FO. There’s a reason they post the same job ads every week and refuse to disclose the pay.

mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mmm...bacon »

Most guys seem to be coming into the right seat of the -350 medevac machines at about $60k, Citation ~$65k; Captains around $80K and $90K respectively. Probably negotiable, dependent upon your experience, and the level of management needs...

Metros - I have no clue.

This isn't the Carson Air of the last ~25 years. There's a recognition that there is a shortage of applicants and experience, and management seem to be taking steps to try to address that. Yes, we are always running ads for both seats, but in case you hadn't noticed, there's lots of hiring at AC, Flair, CargoJet, Sunwing, Corporate, and Jazz - and that's where the recent departees have gone.. The flip side of that is during the pandemic, we actually hired people, and none of us faced a layoff...

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Earlier this year I was offered Metro Captain with Carson at 45k

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Carson 350 YLW is probably the best lifestyle pilot job in Canada. Pay isn't the greatest but it has improved over the years.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Canadaflyer46
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:31 pm Earlier this year I was offered Metro Captain with Carson at 45k
Wow. Talk about leopards and spots. Even in 2023.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:31 pm Earlier this year I was offered Metro Captain with Carson at 45k
Wow

:shock:

I hope the chief pilot was at least somewhat ashamed when offering you that salary?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I’ll clarify. It was summer 2022 I was offered, and yes they talked up how great the schedule was, and how easy the run was, only downside is that the metro has no autopilot etc etc. then just kind of assumed I’d say yes and said to submjt my papers etc so they could get me processed for the groundschool in 2 weeks. Thats when I said “you haven’t mentioned pay” “oh well you know there’s a scale and it depends on etc etc etc”. “Ok and what is the year one pay for the captain on the metro?” “…… 45” which is already what I was getting as a King Air FO which is what I told them. Hoping maybe it has changed in the last 6-7 months but who knows?

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

Jesus Christ. That definitely explains the repeat job postings lol

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

daedalusx wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:03 pm Carson 350 YLW is probably the best lifestyle pilot job in Canada.
Bwahahahahahaha this has got to be the funniest thing posted on AvCanada in years. Thanks for the laugh

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Well… there are a lot of higher lifestyle jobs in Canada.

Back east. Up north. On the west coast where COL precludes any lifestyle. Dealing with CATSA/TSA/any number of foreign peace officers. Flying at night. Away from home. Lots of hours.

Or after sacrificing the best years of your life on reserve and commuting and making nothing.

Anyone who flew medevac in AB, MB, ON, or points north… it’s not comparable. Anyone who’s looking at the out of date wages you can add half as much again to them for what EIC is offering.

YLW captain spots never come up. There’s a good reason for it.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html

Return to “Employment Forum”