wasaya?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

wasaya?

Post by rigpiggy »

I was talking to a buddy about wasaya, he was saying that they are almost on the verge of shutting down due to crewing situation. Looking at there latest ad I can see why. 87k+11/hr bonus is still under 100k. Cdn north is 105+, Maybe it is time to step up and pay more. When a 1900/KA corp. driver gets paid as much as a 705 captain it may be time to figure it out
---------- ADS -----------

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: wasaya?

Post by Dronepiper »

Aren’t they always on the verge of shutting down due to Crew shortage? If they are actually in a bad spot they would have started paying more money by now.

nappo787
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nappo787 »

I have been applying for 5 months, 1100 hours frozen atpl and never heard from them.

northernpilot2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by northernpilot2 »

nappo787 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 am I have been applying for 5 months, 1100 hours frozen atpl and never heard from them.
Its probably because they think you wont stick around for too long.

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

They are very picky, since they have so many applications!!

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

nappo787 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 am I have been applying for 5 months, 1100 hours frozen atpl and never heard from them.
Does Canada even have such a thing as a 'frozen atpl' ?

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

goldeneagle wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:56 pm
you get it at accredited schools, basically, you can write your As sooner but still need the 1500 hours.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

flyingcanuck wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:00 pm you get it at accredited schools, basically, you can write your As sooner but still need the 1500 hours.
Does it say 'atpl' in the book, or, does it say 'cpl' in the book then a piece of paper beside says 'exams passed, valid till xxxx' ?

Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Turboprops »

goldeneagle wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:56 pm
Nope, it’s just a CPL holder that wrote the As.
At some schools you can write the As at 250 instead of 750, still a CPL though

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

Yes technically your atpl can be in a " frozen state" > scerario you got your atpl. Then flew a single eng turbine ie pc 12 . During that time your group 1 instrument rating lapses, even though your flying approaches on your valid group 3 instrument rating, practically every day .. your aptl license remain However you can not exercise the priviledges of the atpl license until you have sucessfully renewed the group 1 instrument rating hence "Frozen" atpl . Alot of pc12 drivers run into this and use the red bird sim or other multi type rating to to avoid this issue. 8)

as for op its a good time to be a 1900 capt sunwest offering "sign bonus "northwright looking north caribou , etc thou pay has not kept up with inflation and in a few cases regressed, flight safety pulled the 1900 sim out of downsview. so i think sim slots are tight .. enjoy the holidays :mrgreen:

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

oldncold wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:21 am Yes technically your atpl can be in a " frozen state" > scerario you got your atpl.
I will re-ask the question I originally asked, but in a slightly more blunt manner.

How can the poster claim to have an atpl with 1100 hours ?

There is a pretty good hint right there as to why no response to the resume.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

"Frozen ATPL" is a European thing. You leave a full time airline training academy with everything you need to be granted the EASA ATPL. So that means you have a EASA CPL, done all the ATPL exams, an MPL course, and a type rating on a transport category aircraft. When you achieve the experience requirement you get the ATPL.

In Canada the term "frozen ATPL" has started to creep in after being pushed as a marketing ploy by some Flight schools. If you do an approved integrated ATPL you can write the ATPL exams early, at 250 hours instead of 750 hours and the exams are good for 5 years instead of 2; that's all.

For the students out their my advice is ignore the hype from the flying schools. Operators consider the use of the "frozen ATPL" line as a big joke and will probably write you off as another entitled, airline puppy mill know it all if you use it.

Instead you should either say 1100 hrs with exams written, or better still 1100 hours with exams written and all experience requirements met except for the 1500hrs requirement. With the amount of movement in the industry a lot of operators want somebody quickly upgradable. Depending on the region the wait to write the ATPL exams can be months and the PIC requirement can be a show stopper for otherwise qualified candidates because of the difficulty of providing PICUS flying opportunities due to all the other demands for training captains, and that is assuming the operator even has a PICUS program

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

Applied like 5 times in a span of a year. No Reply.

Looks like internal references needed?

Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heavy Rayn »

capt_Z wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:20 am Applied like 5 times in a span of a year. No Reply.

Looks like internal references needed?
I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt but likely not required. What’s your experience looking like? If you’ve got decent time maybe just rework your résumé/cover letter. Dropping off a résumé in person could help too.

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

goldeneagle wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:35 am
oldncold wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:21 am Yes technically your atpl can be in a " frozen state" > scerario you got your atpl.
I will re-ask the question I originally asked, but in a slightly more blunt manner.

How can the poster claim to have an atpl with 1100 hours ?

There is a pretty good hint right there as to why no response to the resume.
Maybe how he refers to his license on a forum is different than his resume. Chill

Return to “Employment Forum”