Is Flow to AC over?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

strengthinumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Is Flow to AC over?

Post by strengthinumbers »

Hearing from some AC pilots that a couple Jazz candidates have recently been told during their interview with AC that flow to AC is officially over as of December. Jazz applicants will now be considered equal and they’ll be taking a few candidates to fill some spots moving forward.

All hearsay at the moment. Can any Jazz applicants who have interviewed recently confirm this?

Do your due diligence everyone when considering your next move. Consider all options!
---------- ADS -----------

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Is Flow to AC over?

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Where have you been? Things slowed to a trickle months ago.

strengthinumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by strengthinumbers »

Slowing down is one thing. Candidates being told flow is now canceled and there is no longer a seniority type system for interviewing purposes DURING THE INTERVIEW is certainly not new.

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:38 am Where have you been? Things slowed to a trickle months ago.
I think he is saying they intent to just ignore that requirement, and not even pay lip service to it anymore. Or perhaps it means they are running low on people who have done two years at Jazz, and mean to hold everyone to the two year time commitment. Of course if they did that, then why would anyone come to Jazz if AC was your goal.

And if they have decided to just ignore flow, they will obviously face legal consequences... a decade from now when the courts get around to dealing with it. Which is why the 2017 agreement should never have been passed.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

There is no two year requirement at Jazz before be able to flow to AC.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

truedude wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:45 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:38 am Where have you been? Things slowed to a trickle months ago.

And if they have decided to just ignore flow, they will obviously face legal consequences... a decade from now when the courts get around to dealing with it. Which is why the 2017 agreement should never have been passed.
Yup. nothing like a long drawn out grievance process. If there’s any truth to the ops question….then I bet AC is hoping to tie this up in red tape for years to come.

Nick678
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Nick678 »

I think I heard going forward they’ll try for 50% jazz in every ground school going forward. Does nothing for the backlog from 2022 and totally ignores the 60% agreement. That part of the contract kept wages low for the first 4 years… those who worked for suffered for 4 years getting f***ed

Im curious what they are telling new hires about it?

Definitely needs to be a seniority solution. People will flip their shit without it.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

Cancel the 60% flow and give everyone a 60% raise, how that for a "rumour". :rolleyes:

Dirty24.7
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dirty24.7 »

Apparently ALPA reps have been coming into ground school classes and advising everyone with an ATPL they're better off finding a different job if mainline is their goal.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

Dirty24.7 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:57 pm Apparently ALPA reps have been coming into ground school classes and advising everyone with an ATPL they're better off finding a different job if mainline is their goal.
Good one, you win the Rumour Award

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Dirty24.7 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:57 pm Apparently ALPA reps have been coming into ground school classes and advising everyone with an ATPL they're better off finding a different job if mainline is their goal.
I admittedly take my shots at those ALPA reps but they would never do anything of the sorts.

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

strengthinumbers wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:27 am Hearing from some AC pilots that a couple Jazz candidates have recently been told during their interview with AC that flow to AC is officially over as of December. Jazz applicants will now be considered equal and they’ll be taking a few candidates to fill some spots moving forward.

All hearsay at the moment. Can any Jazz applicants who have interviewed recently confirm this?

Do your due diligence everyone when considering your next move. Consider all options!
Nah, there's still quite a few coming. They clearly aren't hitting the CPA required targets (violating that) but to say "flow is over" is misleading.

CanadianBronco
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CanadianBronco »

Hey guys, what does this mean for us? there use to be an AC Express option, But its gone!!

Attachments
a3973688ec2fe312d034e93a180853a5.png
a3973688ec2fe312d034e93a180853a5.png (64.21 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Apparently, AC Express (Jazz) application window will only be open quarterly (Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct). Likely, January window is closed. Watch for April (assuming that the current flow arrangement is not modified by any multi lateral agreement).

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

CanadianBronco wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:44 am Hey guys, what does this mean for us? there use to be an AC Express option, But its gone!!
What rudder said... be patient, you can still go to AC.

As for everyone else, quit with the sensationalism. I hear the CBC is hiring if you want that.

wcpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wcpilot »

I interviewed a week ago and they said flow still exists but didn’t know the timeline.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

QKZXKV wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:48 pm
I admittedly take my shots at those ALPA reps but they would never do anything of the sorts.
It's not unheard of.

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

averageatbest wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:03 pm
QKZXKV wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:48 pm
It's not unheard of.

Maybe off the record in cockpit chatter but in ground schools? I think that's nonsense.

And tacking that WJA ALPA thing up doesn't prove Jazz MEC folks coming and saying "don't work here if you want to go to AC".

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Jazz and the WJ/ONEX family of airlines are in the same boat - a somewhat uncertain future. Both seem to have CBA’s that for some provisions are being interpreted as non-compulsory. That does not instill confidence in either job security or career progression.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Just out of curiosity, how many pilots is jazz hiring a month? AC is looking to fill 80-100 per month, which means to fulfill the contractual obligation, 48-60 of those pilots would have to be from Jazz (per month). Is Jazz hiring that many or more per month to counter the departures? If not, it's likely the reason why AC is sliding on the numbers. I could very well be wrong but I was just spit balling. More curious about the Jazz hiring numbers.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”