Urgently looking

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

helicopterray
Rank 4
Rank 4

Urgently looking

Post by helicopterray »

I see there's a company urgently looking for an AME in the territories.
They're offering $50/day per diem, which if I recall when I did tours there 15 years ago, might just cover dinner if you skip breakfast and lunch.
That is not a current rate for per diem even in the south.
---------- ADS -----------

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Urgently looking

Post by Pat Richard »

The glory will keep yor mind distracted from the hunger pains, lol.

It bs years ago, like you mentioned, but old mentalities die hard and you'd be hard pressed to find another industry thats so backwardsass and full of itself like aviation.

The only positive, and its a weak one, is that working for free or paying to work never caught on. I do know a few drivers who peddled their asses for nothing just to build time. Never seen a mech do that.

yet.

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

I'm guessing it's for North Wright in "The Wells" It's a place a young guy could put in some time, get good experience, save some money and go to a decent position elsewhere. BUT the younger generation doesn't see it that way. I agree the $50 isn't enough for a contract guy.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

helicopterray wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:27 pm I see there's a company urgently looking for an AME in the territories.
They're offering $50/day per diem, which if I recall when I did tours there 15 years ago, might just cover dinner if you skip breakfast and lunch.
Ah yes, the shell company / slush fund game is still strong in Canadas vtol world lol.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

helicopterray wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:27 pm I see there's a company urgently looking for an AME in the territories.
I made more than twice that 20 f’n years ago up there. Is this a fixed wing outfit?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:03 pm The glory will keep yor mind distracted from the hunger pains, lol.

It bs years ago, like you mentioned, but old mentalities die hard and you'd be hard pressed to find another industry thats so backwardsass and full of itself like aviation.

The only positive, and its a weak one, is that working for free or paying to work never caught on. I do know a few drivers who peddled their asses for nothing just to build time. Never seen a mech do that.

yet.
I have seen companies in Canada actually expect apprentices out of school to volunteer for their apprenticeship and actually pay for their first type endorsement. I would love to blast these companies but one is already defunct and the other is about to go as well.

Return to “Employment Forum”