Leave of absence

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Leave of absence

Post by FL030 »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:31 pm So if you are first year pay but have 800 below, you would still be able to bid and hold captain right away when you get back? That's not too bad then because you would be off flat pay almost immediately.
LOA during flat pay and come back to a Captain spot would be a valid strategy to avoid working for peanuts. You'd probably fail the course though unless you already have a boat load of time on type. Even then, without knowing Air Canada's unique procedures it would be a tough go.
---------- ADS -----------

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Leave of absence

Post by Ash Ketchum »

FL030 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:04 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:31 pm So if you are first year pay but have 800 below, you would still be able to bid and hold captain right away when you get back? That's not too bad then because you would be off flat pay almost immediately.
LOA during flat pay and come back to a Captain spot would be a valid strategy to avoid working for peanuts. You'd probably fail the course though unless you already have a boat load of time on type. Even then, without knowing Air Canada's unique procedures it would be a tough go.
That's kind of what I was thinking although I doubt anyone is getting a LOA this year with the mass hiring going on.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Air Canada”