How long until you hear back from AC?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Newbieyyz
Rank 0
Rank 0

How long until you hear back from AC?

Post by Newbieyyz »

Hello everyone

I had my interview done mid January. How long does it take to hear back from them? They told me something about 6-12 weeks but I would like to know if someone has had news earlier than that. Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

cloudseeker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: How long until you hear back from AC?

Post by cloudseeker »

Did mine early January and haven't heard a thing since then.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

A buddy of mine did his interview first week of December and he’s still waiting to hear back - Jazz guy if that means anything anymore.

I imagine the holidays pushed things back a bit.

RandyLahey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RandyLahey »

If you’re not bearing back after 3 weeks from the interview date, just know that they have placed you in a pool of low hours or low competitiveness. They’re getting back to people with lots of hours, command, teaching, degree…etc way faster than those who are at or slightly above the minimum requirements. It would’t hurt to send them an email inquiring about the status of your application though. Good luck!

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

RandyLahey wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:03 am If you’re not bearing back after 3 weeks from the interview date, just know that they have placed you in a pool of low hours or low competitiveness. They’re getting back to people with lots of hours, command, teaching, degree…etc way faster than those who are at or slightly above the minimum requirements. It would’t hurt to send them an email inquiring about the status of your application though. Good luck!
Is there any truth to this really ? A pool of low hours or low competitiveness :lol: Otherwise they give you an answer within 3 weeks?

joefo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by joefo »

Latitude wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:55 pm
RandyLahey wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:03 am If you’re not bearing back after 3 weeks from the interview date, just know that they have placed you in a pool of low hours or low competitiveness. They’re getting back to people with lots of hours, command, teaching, degree…etc way faster than those who are at or slightly above the minimum requirements. It would’t hurt to send them an email inquiring about the status of your application though. Good luck!
Is there any truth to this really ? A pool of low hours or low competitiveness :lol: Otherwise they give you an answer within 3 weeks?
No there’s absolutely zero truth to that. The current average is about 8-10 weeks.

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

3 days from interview to ground school offer. 8000 total time, 3500 large aircraft, 705 PIC, aviation diploma, overseas experience, internal recommend, white male. I was also told 6-8 weeks.

tata324
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tata324 »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:17 pm 3 days from interview to ground school offer. 8000 total time, 3500 large aircraft, 705 PIC, aviation diploma, overseas experience, internal recommend, white male. I was also told 6-8 weeks.
That must have been awesome. Do you mind if I ask when you interviewed if it was recent and have you started already? I interviewed in November and got the background check request recently but it's been comm silence since then. Hoping it's the saying no news is good news. My background 4000+ hours with an aviation degree and 705 time.

Newbieyyz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Newbieyyz »

tata324 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:40 pm
Daniel Cooper wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:17 pm 3 days from interview to ground school offer. 8000 total time, 3500 large aircraft, 705 PIC, aviation diploma, overseas experience, internal recommend, white male. I was also told 6-8 weeks.
That must have been awesome. Do you mind if I ask when you interviewed if it was recent and have you started already? I interviewed in November and got the background check request recently but it's been comm silence since then. Hoping it's the saying no news is good news. My background 4000+ hours with an aviation degree and 705 time.

How do you know they’ve done your background check?

tata324
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tata324 »

Newbieyyz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:54 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I got an email saying I would be getting a background check request. I got the request and filled up the form and I got an email saying my response has been received. if it's been completed, I don't know. I hope I answered your question.

Newbieyyz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Newbieyyz »

tata324 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:35 pm
Newbieyyz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:54 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I got an email saying I would be getting a background check request. I got the request and filled up the form and I got an email saying my response has been received. if it's been completed, I don't know. I hope I answered your question.
Yes, it’s pretty clear. Thanks. I was unsure about the background check request cause some companies do it without letting you know!

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

I was surprised for sure. It wasn't recent though. A couple of years ago. From what I understand there is a hiring board that meets only occasionally (once a month?) to decide who to hire next. So if your interview is right after this board meeting you will need to wait until the next meeting for them to review your application and make a decision.

thomasfrank
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by thomasfrank »

Newbieyyz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:03 am Hello everyone

I had my interview done mid January. How long does it take to hear back from them? They told me something about 6-12 weeks but I would like to know if someone has had news earlier than that. Thanks
It took me about five weeks from the interview to receive a response from AC.
build now gg

strengthinumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by strengthinumbers »

Calls going out for March 22nd class.

Good luck.

tata324
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tata324 »

strengthinumbers wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:12 am Calls going out for March 22nd class.

Good luck.
oh awesome, do you know if any OTS guys got the call, cos i heard its JAZZ peeps getting the calls, thanks.

N181CS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N181CS »

Everyone I know who got a PFO heard back in about 3 weeks. Everyone who waited longer eventually got a call. So if it’s been more then a month that’s probably a good thing.

strengthinumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by strengthinumbers »

tata324 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:17 pm
strengthinumbers wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:12 am Calls going out for March 22nd class.

Good luck.
oh awesome, do you know if any OTS guys got the call, cos i heard its JAZZ peeps getting the calls, thanks.
The contacts I have for the Match 22nd class are all Jazz so far.

orangejuice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by orangejuice »

strengthinumbers wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:20 pm

Good luck.
Do you know if they are running 1 class in March or 2?

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

orangejuice wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:41 pm
strengthinumbers wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:20 pm

Do you know if they are running 1 class in March or 2?
They’ve said a course every 2 weeks.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
Northof60th
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Northof60th »

I did an interview Nov 25th. Was told 6-8 weeks due to the holidays and training backlogs. Was emailed a background check request two weeks later. Got the call 9 weeks after my interview. None of my references were called.

Good luck!

Return to “Air Canada”