North Cariboo RJ

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

North Cariboo RJ

Post by mmm...bacon »

Anyone 'in the know' care to PM about WAWCON, please?

TIA
---------- ADS -----------

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: North Cariboo RJ

Post by co-joe »

viewtopic.php?t=156281

From what I've heard, the numbers listed a year ago are still valid ie. 39k/y, no upgrade ever, and a huge 2 year bond.

Aspiredtofly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Aspiredtofly »

co-joe wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:12 pm viewtopic.php?t=156281

From what I've heard, the numbers listed a year ago are still valid ie. 39k/y, no upgrade ever, and a huge 2 year bond.
How does bond work?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Do you want me to explain to you what a training bond is?

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

co-joe wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:14 pm Do you want me to explain to you what a training bond is?

Not all bonds are the same. Is it paid up front or promissory note? Is it pro-rated or is the full balance due all the way till the last day. If it is pro-rated, how does it work exactly, as not all pro-rated bonds have the same time decay. Any other notable caveats in the bond.

You know exactly what he means, stop being anal.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:46 pm
co-joe wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:14 pm Do you want me to explain to you what a training bond is?

Not all bonds are the same. Is it paid up front or promissory note? Is it pro-rated or is the full balance due all the way till the last day. If it is pro-rated, how does it work exactly, as not all pro-rated bonds have the same time decay. Any other notable caveats in the bond.

I didn't understand the question, maybe I'm just a dumb pilot. To my knowledge, no money changes hands with the NCA bond, you sign a training contract, they provide full motion sim training on the Avro RJ 100, you pass your training and get paid the chiefly sum of $39, 100/ year. I believe it is a 24 month bond, pro rated over the second year but I don't know, because I haven't seen it. If you quit before the contract period is up, they take you to court to force you to pay them back the remaining portion owing. Fairly standard stuff, I don't know of any companies in Canada that require an up front payment by pilots.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

co-joe wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:04 pm

I didn't understand the question, maybe I'm just a dumb pilot. To my knowledge, no money changes hands with the NCA bond, you sign a training contract, they provide full motion sim training on the Avro RJ 100, you pass your training and get paid the chiefly sum of $39, 100/ year. I believe it is a 24 month bond, pro rated over the second year but I don't know, because I haven't seen it. If you quit before the contract period is up, they take you to court to force you to pay them back the remaining portion owing. Fairly standard stuff, I don't know of any companies in Canada that require an up front payment by pilots.
You didn't understand, "How does bond work?"? I don't know how much clearer that question can be. Not everyone will be familiar with what a bond is, specially in a country that receives so many immigrants every day. Even with your explanation, one could see how someone unfamiliar with them could be confused. You mentioned that it is a 24 month bond, pro-rated over the last 12 months. Meaning that the balance doesn't start decreasing until month 13th and one would be responsible for the full amount all the way to the up to the first 12 months. Meanwhile, some bonds do start decreasing from day one of employment or after successful completion of initial line check, which is also a caveat in some bonds.

Stop being facetious and offer help if you can. STFU if all you can do is try to me a smart ass.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:54 pm

You didn't understand, "How does bond work?"? I don't know how much clearer that question can be. Not everyone will be familiar with what a bond is, specially in a country that receives so many immigrants every day. Even with your explanation, one could see how someone unfamiliar with them could be confused. You mentioned that it is a 24 month bond, pro-rated over the last 12 months. Meaning that the balance doesn't start decreasing until month 13th and one would be responsible for the full amount all the way to the up to the first 12 months. Meanwhile, some bonds do start decreasing from day one of employment or after successful completion of initial line check, which is also a caveat in some bonds.

Stop being facetious and offer help if you can. STFU if all you can do is try to me a smart ass.
Calm down.

Doesn’t matter what type of bond. The only answer should be no. Especially to join the 0.69 club for 30 and change in 2023.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

‘Bob’ wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:34 pm
Tbayer2021 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:54 pm

Calm down.

Doesn’t matter what type of bond. The only answer should be no. Especially to join the 0.69 club for 30 and change in 2023.
Can certainly agree that one should stay away from bonds at all costs.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

So what other company's out there still bond in 2023 ? Can't be that many considering the demand for drivers these days...

Gravity always wins

Return to “Employment Forum”