Interview

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cessnaguy66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Interview

Post by Cessnaguy66 »

Hello,

If anyone has completed an interview recently and has any info on what to expect it would be appreciated! PM or otherwise.
---------- ADS -----------

truecolours
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Interview

Post by truecolours »

Go through your logbook and make notes on flights that jump out for any reason. Review the details of those events in your head. If you do that, you are bound to have a story to tell for any situational based question that comes up.

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

They could only find 5 new hires for their latest ground school. I think you’ll be fine!

wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wing'd »

What’s the TT they’re looking for now ? That seems like a very little amount of candidate

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I have 1500-1600 freshly minted atpl. Got called the day after I applied. Interview was 90 minutes, one pilot one HR rep. All the normal questions. Tell me about a time, etc. have you ever failed a ppc, why westjet, then they actually taoe a decent amount of time on their “checklist” where they tell you about the job, pay, benefits etc.

wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wing'd »

I see.. thanks for info

They’ll drop their requirements down further down if they can’t fill in seats , everyone else is

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Possibly but right now lower end (1000 no atpl) gets pushed towards encore/ swoop from what I understand

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

I believe they are so desperate the only thing they care about on top of the min requirements is that you seem like someone who isn’t a shit disturber/could possibly drink the koolaid.
If you’ve jumped from job to job or have past union rep experience red flag. If you’ve spent a decent amount of time at one shitty 703/703. HIRED!

FurHat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FurHat »

YC87DRVR wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:28 am If you’ve jumped from job to job or have past union rep experience red flag.
In Canada it is illegal to discriminate against applicants based on previous union involvement. Are you saying WestJet does?

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

FurHat wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:42 am
YC87DRVR wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:28 am If you’ve jumped from job to job or have past union rep experience red flag.
In Canada it is illegal to discriminate against applicants based on previous union involvement. Are you saying WestJet does?
It is also illegal to discriminate based on age. Do you think employers don’t look at a candidates work/education dates, use common sense to guess their approximate age and make their decisions accordingly?
Sure they may not come out and say it, or specifically ask it, but I’m sure every employer uses every bit of information they can to make their decision.

NTPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by NTPilot »

YC87DRVR wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:28 am I believe they are so desperate the only thing they care about on top of the min requirements is that you seem like someone who isn’t a shit disturber/could possibly drink the koolaid.
If you’ve jumped from job to job or have past union rep experience red flag. If you’ve spent a decent amount of time at one shitty 703/703. HIRED!
One of my friend was a union rep for another company and he just got hired with WJ mainline!

Return to “WestJet”