Transport Canada Sticker Wait times?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Mustaafaali
Rank 0
Rank 0

Transport Canada Sticker Wait times?

Post by Mustaafaali »

I’ve been waiting almost 3 months for my CPL sticker and my temporary licence will soon expire. I’ve tried calling the licensing office in ontario about 5 times a day with no response and have sent and email 2 weeks ago.

What do I have to do to get my license here? I have a job interview coming up and if my licence is expired I feel at risk of losing the job. These wait times are beyond ridiculous and Covid is consistently being used as an excuse.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up? If not what options do I have other than sitting here and being useless?
---------- ADS -----------

dam41
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Transport Canada Sticker Wait times?

Post by dam41 »

I feel your pain, I passed my class 3 medical in May 2021, still waiting for my sticker. Oh and i passed the IFR in November 2022, still waiting as well.

I think they just don't want to work.

You can maybe reach your school to see if someone is connected with a TC officer.. It helped me to get my new license issued.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Mustaafaali wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:13 pm I’ve been waiting almost 3 months for my CPL sticker and my temporary licence will soon expire. I’ve tried calling the licensing office in ontario about 5 times a day with no response and have sent and email 2 weeks ago.

What do I have to do to get my license here? I have a job interview coming up and if my licence is expired I feel at risk of losing the job. These wait times are beyond ridiculous and Covid is consistently being used as an excuse.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up? If not what options do I have other than sitting here and being useless?
Pretty sure there's a <cough> COVID extension on temporary licences pretty-much forever, at the moment.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

NCR-023-2022 – Reissuance of NCR-064-2021 – COVID-19 related
The purpose of this exemption is to adopt temporary measures in the public interest to continue operations following the declaration of a pandemic outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) by the World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11, 2020.

More specifically, this exemption is to allow the certification of additional privileges endorsed on a permit or licence to only expire upon receipt of a new permit or licence granting those privileges, instead of the normally prescribed period of 90 days for a temporary endorsement.

This exemption is a reissuance of NCR-064-2021 expiring August 31, 2022. This exemption now expires 30 June 2023.

Personally I expect it will eventually become permanent.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Big Pistons Forever wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:31 pm Personally I expect it will eventually become permanent.
Think of the money TC will save by never having to print a sticker again. Also they can get rid of those poor people who have to examine all the licence and rating application forms.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

Your temporary is good until you get your permanent sticker. Keep utilizing the endorsements you have. To give you an idea, my new sticker after completing a type rating this summer showed up 93 days after it was sent. You can probably expect something similar.

Skymark
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Skymark »

I just received my instructor rating renewal sticker from a renewal I did in July, so 8 months later.

ChrisB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChrisB »

If you really need it for any particular reason, call transport and ask the status of the rating. If its in the printing que, then order a replacement ADB (your current was rendered illegible, costs $35) and it will have the new rating printed on it, takes about 2 weeks currently.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

It took about 5 months for me to get my new type rating sticker. Transport Canada is very busy... for some reason.

bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bring me the horizon »

Call other TC offices in Canada not just the one in Ontario. You'll have better luck calling Edmonton.

ratketyree
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ratketyree »

If you have an urgent need for it, you should contact transportation to find out the current rating status. If the revised ADB is now in the printing queue, you can get a new one for $35 (because your old one is now unreadable) and wait for it to arrive in about two weeks.

Return to “Flight Training”