INRAT Extension NCR-136-2020

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

INRAT Extension NCR-136-2020

Post by geneticistx »

Hi,
Does anybody know if NCR-136-2020 is still valid and the INRAT can be extended for anytime? I passed my INRAT in April 2021 and I'm trying to find out if this is still valid and if I can extend my 24 month INRAT validity as I have not been able to do my flight test yet.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Conflicting Traffic
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: INRAT Extension NCR-136-2020

Post by Conflicting Traffic »

The latest version I can find is NCR-029-2022, which expires Feb 28, 2023. That doesn't get you to two years, so it looks like you're stuck with April 2023 unless they reissue the exemption.

----------------------------------------
Conflicting Traffic please advise.
geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

6 month extension is coming down soon to extend the 24 month validity of written exams by another 6 months.

ruffdeezy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ruffdeezy »

extended to 2024-02-29

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

thank goodness

RILEY
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RILEY »

ruffdeezy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:25 pm extended to 2024-02-29
Having a tough time finding the exemption reference for this. The latest one I can find is NCR-027-2022. Can someone provide an Exemption #?

Thanks!

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

EXEMPTION FROM SUBSECTION 400.03(1) OF THE CANADIAN AVIATION
REGULATIONS

Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that this exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to adversely affect aviation safety or security, I hereby exempt all licensing applicants who have submitted an application for a permit, licence or rating after March 11th, 2020, from the requirements of subsection 400.03(1) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), subject to the conditions set out below.

Subsection 400.03(1) of the CARs states that subject to subsection (3), written examinations, including all sections of a sectionalized examination, that are required for the issuance of a permit or licence or for the endorsement of a permit or licence with a rating shall be completed during the 24-month period preceding the date of the application for the permit, licence or rating.

As a consequence, written examinations required for the issuance of permit or licence or for the endorsement of a permit of licence with a rating are not valid 24 months after they were written.

Subsection 400.03(1) of the CARs is reproduced in Appendix

A. PURPOSE
The purpose of this exemption is allowing all licensing applicants who have applied for a permit, licence or rating after March 11th, 2020 but no later than February 29, 2024 and who have successfully-completed the knowledge requirement, to extend the knowledge requirements by 10 months.

This exemption extends the regulatory relief previously granted under exemption NCR- 029-2022.

APPLICATION
This exemption applies only to applicants who have applied for a permit, licence or rating after March 11th, 2020 and who have successfully-completed the knowledge requirement.

This exemption ceases to apply to a licensing applicant that does not respect a condition of this exemption.
. CONDITIONS
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
1. The 10-month extension shall only be applied to applications for a permit, licence or rating submitted after March 11, 2020;
2. The applicant shall have successfully met the knowledge requirement within the 34 months preceding the date of application; and
3. Applicants with outstanding applications, pursuant to the terms and conditions of this exemption, shall comply with the CARs in all respects. The CARs shall continue to apply in all respects other than the specific exemption set out herein, or any other applicable exemption issued by the Minister of Transport.
VALIDITY
This exemption is in effect from March 1, 2023 to the earliest of the following:
(a) February 29, 2024 at 23:59 (EST); or
(b) The date on which the exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to adversely affect aviation safety or security.
DATED at Ottawa, Ontario, this 27th day of February 2023, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
“Original signed by”
Andy Cook
Associate Director General, Civil Aviation, Transport Canada
UNCLASSIFIED / NON CLASSIFIÉ
NCR-008-2023

Appendix A
Pertinent provisions of the Canadian Aviation Regulations
Time Limits
400.03 (1) Subject to subsection (3), written examinations, including all sections of a sectionalized examination, that are required for the issuance of a permit or licence or for the endorsement of a permit or licence with a rating shall be completed during the 24-month period preceding the date of the application for the permit, licence or rating.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of examinations that are required for the issuance of
(a) a student pilot permit; or
(b) an airline transport pilot licence if examinations were previously written
(i) for the endorsement of a type rating, a mark of 70 per cent or higher was obtained on the examination and the type rating was issued;
(ii) for the issuance of the former senior commercial pilot licence, a mark of 70 per cent or higher was obtained on the examination and the senior commercial pilot licence was issued; or
(iii) for the issuance of an airline transport pilot licence — aeroplane, an airline transport pilot licence — aeroplane integrated course was successfully completed during the 5-year period preceding the date of the application for the licence and a course completion certificate was issued.
(3) The regulatory requirements examination referred to in subsection 566.03(5) of Standard 566 — Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licensing and Training that is required for the issuance of an aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) licence shall be completed during the 12-month period immediately following the date on which the application for the licence is accepted by the Minister.
UNCLASSIFIED / NON CLASSIFIÉ
NCR-008-2023

ruffdeezy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ruffdeezy »

RILEY wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:03 pm
ruffdeezy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:25 pm extended to 2024-02-29
Having a tough time finding the exemption reference for this. The latest one I can find is NCR-027-2022. Can someone provide an Exemption #?

Thanks!
NCR-008-2023

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Exemptions can’t be extended, they have to issued as new exemptions if it is decided to continue the relief provided by the expired exemption.

Return to “General Comments”