AIP Canada

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: AIP Canada

Post by ant_321 »

Bede wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 am
linecrew wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:00 pm Due to the fact that it was not ICAO compliant, the old Transport Canada issued AIP (TP 2300E) needed to replaced. In 2005, two separate documents were created as a result. These were the AIM, which remained under the authority of Transport Canada, and the ICAO compliant version of the AIP, which falls under the authority of NAV CANADA.

I'd argue that the most important aspect of the AIP document (which is only available online) are the AIP Supplements and the AICs. In some cases they are published in lieu of NOTAMs so you should be checking them.

One interesting fact that not a lot of people realize...take a look at the cover of the CAP, CFS and Enroute IFR Charts publications.They are all parts of the AIP Canada and reference the section that they are tied to.

Here's the CFS where you can see it says AIP Part 3 - Aerodromes:

So you're telling me that this document has been around since 2005 and I've never heard of it. Sorry, am I the only one?

Excellent info. Thanks.
You’re not the only one. I’ve made it this far without it I don’t think I’ll be reading through it now. Haha.
---------- ADS -----------

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: AIP Canada

Post by linecrew »

The old TC AIP was a pain. 4 times a year we would get the ridiculously thin small pages that we had to add and of course all of us would get behind doing the amendments.

The NAV version of the AIP is a lot better and way more user friendly since the entire thins is online. However, the more useful stuff that was in the old TC AIP is now what comprises the TC AIM.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”