Where is Tbaylx?

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

accountant
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Where is Tbaylx?

Post by accountant »

kiaszceski wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:39 pm
averageatbest wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:28 pm I hope that management at other airlines will take note and step up the way you do.
tbaylx wrote:
lol.
You must be a WS pilot. Laughing at other airlines but being miserable as crap like every pilot on my flight over the weekend.

I give you guys a year before the public is done with your shenanigans. The gap in service between AC and WS now is pretty astounding.
---------- ADS -----------

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

accountant wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:56 am
averageatbest wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:28 pm I hope that management at other airlines will take note and step up the way you do.
lol.
You must be a WS pilot. Laughing at other airlines but being miserable as crap like every pilot on my flight over the weekend.

I give you guys a year before the public is done with your shenanigans. The gap in service between AC and WS now is pretty astounding.
I'm laughing at this "I hope that management at other airlines will take note and step up the way you do."
Not at what Tbaylx said. :smt008

Crewbunk
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Crewbunk »

I really have to respect how open Flair is bring with its employees. It can’t be an easy time.

While initially I thought I was mostly bullpucky, it has now been almost two weeks since the 4 aircraft were seized. Flair is still flying, the roof didn’t come tumbling down. Rest assured, Monday morning after the seizure, every Flair creditor called the CEO for some answers.

Clearly, he was able to assure creditors that bills would be paid. I’m sure most high level creditors had a peek at the books. None pulled the plug.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

kiaszceski wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:09 pm

lol.

I'm laughing at this "I hope that management at other airlines will take note and step up the way you do."
As an employee of a company where major changes are made and not communicated to the employees of the company, I have appreciation for a manager who is willing to put their neck out to keep employees and prospective employees informed so that they can make decisions that are best for their lives.

You may not like his answers, but he is giving answers which is more than other airline management are doing.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

averageatbest wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:32 am

As an employee of a company where major changes are made and not communicated to the employees of the company, I have appreciation for a manager who is willing to put their neck out to keep employees and prospective employees informed so that they can make decisions that are best for their lives.

You may not like his answers, but he is giving answers which is more than other airline management are doing.
You think it’s something to admire but most on here think it’s his ego, look at me, I’m a scab that landed on my feet, look how good I’m doing, you all thought I’d never work again but here I am! Yes, every single time he posts something, that’s what I see!

the_new_guy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by the_new_guy »

cdnavater wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:06 pm
averageatbest wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:32 am

You think it’s something to admire but most on here think it’s his ego, look at me, I’m a scab that landed on my feet, look how good I’m doing, you all thought I’d never work again but here I am! Yes, every single time he posts something, that’s what I see!
Can't argue that this is what you see. But I will argue that your perspective is your own, not everyone has that feeling towards the guy, and I would add that just maybe having a little more professionalism would serve you better.

You can hate (or insert other negative feelings here) whoever you want, but the fact is for you and anyone else that thinks insults is the way to go when interacting on a public space, to anyone else who sees the posts (the insults) will just seem like nonsense coming from an angry party.

If you have history, by all means share it if able to provide background and verifiable facts. I for one like learning more and being proved wrong. But doing so in the most respectful manner will gather more attention or at the very least will carry the points you're trying to make a lot more effectively.

To add one more thing, westjet right now seems to be at war with its pilots. I don't think this is new and I doubt it will change. Holding a guy responsible because he did the job he was hired to do in the past is ok, but that's all it was. A job.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

cdnavater wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:06 pm You think it’s something to admire but most on here think it’s his ego, look at me, I’m a scab that landed on my feet, look how good I’m doing, you all thought I’d never work again but here I am! Yes, every single time he posts something, that’s what I see!
That's rich coming from one of the A scale folks at Jazz. Every time I see one of that genre posting I see 'Look at me, I threw the new hires under the bus to try grab a little more cash for my self.'

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:29 am
cdnavater wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:06 pm You think it’s something to admire but most on here think it’s his ego, look at me, I’m a scab that landed on my feet, look how good I’m doing, you all thought I’d never work again but here I am! Yes, every single time he posts something, that’s what I see!
That's rich coming from one of the A scale folks at Jazz. Every time I see one of that genre posting I see 'Look at me, I threw the new hires under the bus to try grab a little more cash for my self.'
Ok, here we go!
Ever heard the expression, “we don’t negotiate for pilots not on property “ without that agreement, it was made extremely clear that there would be no hiring, only shrinking. Me personally, I asked one of the VPs who was at the road show in person, face to face, quite pointedly if they weren’t worried about lowering the bar so far no one would apply, his reply was, I’m paraphrasing, we’ll know in about two weeks if the applications dry up.
Guess what, they didn’t dry up, who do you blame for that.
So, goldeneagle, I’ll ask you, what would you have done in that situation? You’ve watched your flying reduced and shifted to the lowest bidder. You threatened to strike and the pilots at the mothership allowed a loosening of scope language allowing that to happen, thanks for the support ACPA, you’re told if you sign this you can keep your job but if you don’t, well!
The threat comes from a CEO with a history of carrying through with his threats.
Now, this being said, if you’re comparing “A scale” Jazz pilots to a scab that undercut pilots for the same work, might want to consider directing that at the new hires, without them the pay would’ve come back up a long time ago.
I didn’t gain anything, there was only preservation , so if anything I’m selfish for preserving my own ass, oh no, I’m human!
Now, on that topic, all negotiating capital has gone to improving their situation since then, yes all improvements for them, guess that bit me in the ass a bit hey!
Let me be extremely clear, THE NEW HIRES ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME FOR ACCEPTING THE JOB.

Admiral Benson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Admiral Benson »

Wrong forum boys…

Gameon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gameon »

cdnavater wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:07 am
Ok, here we go!
Ever heard the expression, “we don’t negotiate for pilots not on property “ without that agreement, it was made extremely clear that there would be no hiring, only shrinking. Me personally, I asked one of the VPs who was at the road show in person, face to face, quite pointedly if they weren’t worried about lowering the bar so far no one would apply, his reply was, I’m paraphrasing, we’ll know in about two weeks if the applications dry up.
So, goldeneagle, I’ll ask you, what would you have done in that situation? You’ve watched your flying reduced and shifted to the lowest bidder. You threatened to strike and the pilots at the mothership allowed a loosening of scope language allowing that to happen, thanks for the support ACPA, you’re told if you sign this you can keep your job but if you don’t, well!
The threat comes from a CEO with a history of carrying through with his threats.
Now, this being said, if you’re comparing “A scale” Jazz pilots to a scab that undercut pilots for the same work, might want to consider directing that at the new hires, without them the pay would’ve come back up a long time ago.
I didn’t gain anything, there was only preservation , so if anything I’m selfish for preserving my own ass, oh no, I’m human!
Now, on that topic, all negotiating capital has gone to improving their situation since then, yes all improvements for them, guess that bit me in the ass a bit hey!
Let me be extremely clear, THE NEW HIRES ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME FOR ACCEPTING THE JOB.

What a sad response - weak and self serving justifying your own position. "THE NEW HIRES ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME FOR ACCEPTING THE JOB" You get that quote from ALPA? LOL. And we wonder why compensation and conditions are so bad in Canada. This kind of response is all you need to know about the history of Canadian aviation. A Scale Jazz? Didn't know there was such a thing - another pathetic detail I learned today. Thanks

Flair seems its going to be just fine but who knows. At least the management boys at Flair are here in the trenches and communicate. The sooner we can lift everyone the better but history from the likes above makes it difficult. I hope WJ and AC get huge raises and we can all benefit. The US contracts are lifting each other - maybe at long last we can do the same. But with quotes like “we don’t negotiate for pilots not on property “ and "THE NEW HIRES ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME FOR ACCEPTING THE JOB" I'm not sure things will ever change...

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Gameon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:58 am

Ok, here we go!

What a sad response - weak and self serving justifying your own position. "THE NEW HIRES ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME FOR ACCEPTING THE JOB" You get that quote from ALPA? LOL. And we wonder why compensation and conditions are so bad in Canada. This kind of response is all you need to know about the history of Canadian aviation. A Scale Jazz? Didn't know there was such a thing - another pathetic detail I learned today. Thanks

Flair seems its going to be just fine but who knows. At least the management boys at Flair are here in the trenches and communicate. The sooner we can lift everyone the better but history from the likes above makes it difficult. I hope WJ and AC get huge raises and we can all benefit. The US contracts are lifting each other - maybe at long last we can do the same. But with quotes like “we don’t negotiate for pilots not on property “ and "THE NEW HIRES ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME FOR ACCEPTING THE JOB" I'm not sure things will ever change...
Go back to your video games in the basement kid, you’re clearly too young to understand adults things!
Yes, if only WJ and AC could raise the bar we would all get great big raises, see the irony there? Pretty hard to justify wage increases with a non stop supply of those willing to accept the four year flat pay, I suppose you blame Jazz pilots for that too!
There is no A scale, there was but we managed to get the pay scale blended, so all Jazz pilots make the same.
Did you miss the part where there would have been NO new hires without the new contract, we were shrinking and upgrades were over 10 years, I know, that’s how long it took for me. It would have been longer without the PML 1.0, with only 30 retiring per year and a shrinking airline, I’m sure I’d still be sitting right seat but don’t cry for me, I’m fine.
Btw, kid, yes I’m going with that because you skipped over the history that got us there in the first place, I’ve done more for aviation in my career with my actions than I care to mention and I’m sure you don’t get that, you want it all handed to you now, it’s your birth right.
Now foxtrot oscar, I’m too busy counting all the money that I took from your generation to give a rats ass about your snowflake feelings!

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

cdnavater wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:50 am
Go back to your video games in the basement kid, you’re clearly too young to understand adults things!
Yes, if only WJ and AC could raise the bar we would all get great big raises, see the irony there? Pretty hard to justify wage increases with a non stop supply of those willing to accept the four year flat pay, I suppose you blame Jazz pilots for that too!
There is no A scale, there was but we managed to get the pay scale blended, so all Jazz pilots make the same.
Did you miss the part where there would have been NO new hires without the new contract, we were shrinking and upgrades were over 10 years, I know, that’s how long it took for me. It would have been longer without the PML 1.0, with only 30 retiring per year and a shrinking airline, I’m sure I’d still be sitting right seat but don’t cry for me, I’m fine.
Btw, kid, yes I’m going with that because you skipped over the history that got us there in the first place, I’ve done more for aviation in my career with my actions than I care to mention and I’m sure you don’t get that, you want it all handed to you now, it’s your birth right.
Now foxtrot oscar, I’m too busy counting all the money that I took from your generation to give a rats ass about your snowflake feelings!

JFC you boomer, that's toxic "alpha foxtrot" :vom: How do you possibly complain about someone showing their ego (which I don't get that from Tbay at all - yes he can be like used car salesman but what manager isn't?) and then turn around and say this? Haven't you heard people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Ok, here we go!

Only 10yrs for an upgrade? PML 1.0? Obviously you haven’t been here very long either….

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

bcflyer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:39 pm

Only 10yrs for an upgrade? PML 1.0? Obviously you haven’t been here very long either….
Define very long and what qualifies?

Return to “Flair Airlines”