3 in a month

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: 3 in a month

Post by JerryRig »

Even the most critical have to admit 5 in a month is a little excessive.

Better get your d-dimer test.

https://makismd.substack.com/p/southwes ... -departing
---------- ADS -----------

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

This wasn’t me, but maybe you have an ounce of humanity left to ponder what others are going through:
4473F5F9-CA15-4F41-A0A4-56881DBFFA1D.jpeg
4473F5F9-CA15-4F41-A0A4-56881DBFFA1D.jpeg (273.44 KiB) Viewed 1721 times

Airbrake
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Airbrake »

https://simpleflying.com/first-officer- ... 21-flight/

First Officer Incapacitated During Air Transat Airbus A321 Flight

BY
CHRIS LOH
PUBLISHED 15 HOURS AGO
A member of the flight crew was incapacitated during an Air Transat flight from Fort de France to Montreal.

C-GTCY Air Transat Airbus A321-211 Photo: Vincenzo Pace | Simple Flying
On March 18th, an Air Transat Airbus A321 was flying from Fort-de-France to Montreal when the aircraft's first officer became incapacitated. The incident occurred as the aircraft was flying over the United States, 200NM south of Montreal.

Incident details

According to The Aviation Herald, the March 18th incident took place aboard Air Transat flight TS739, an Airbus A321-200 service from Fort-de-France, capital of the French territory of Martinique to Montreal, Canada.

The flight departed took off at 13:34, 34 minutes past its scheduled departure time. According to FlightRadar24.com data, reached a cruising altitude of FL320 approximately 25 minutes after takeoff. The aircraft increased its cruising altitude twice more during the flight, going up to FL340, and then FL360. 191 people were onboard the A321-200, which was registered C-GTCY.

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 8.21.17 PM
Photo: FlightRadar24.com
At FL360, about 200NM south of Montreal, the first officer reportedly became incapacitated. The Canadian Transportation Safety Board reported that a second officer was available onboard and was thus able to replace the incapacitated first officer. Unfortunately, no additional details on the first officer's condition were made available.

Get the latest aviation news straight to your inbox: Sign up for our newsletters today.
The first of two incapacitated pilot incidents within a week

This Air Transat incident was actually the first of two incidents of its kind happening within the span of a week. Indeed days later, on March 22nd, a Southwest Airlines flight from Las Vegas (Nevada) to Columbus (Ohio), saw its captain become incapacitated.

Southwest Boeing 737
Photo: PlanespotterA320 via Wikimedia commons
The Aviation Herald notes that the Boeing 737-700 was en route at FL370 about 160nm northeast of Las Vegas when the first officer radioed air traffic control to notify them that the captain was complaining about stomach pain. It was then noted that the captain then became incapacitated. In a similar resolution to the Air Transat situation, another pilot was available to step in. In this case, it was a passenger that was an off-duty, fully-licensed pilot for a different airline.

A case against single-pilot operations

Despite two such instances taking place within a week, these cases are thankfully quite rare. However, the top priority for aviation is safety. Thus, the reality of the occasional "incapacitated pilot" incident is one strong argument against the possibility of single pilot operations. Two pilots in the cockpit provide redundancy so that if one of the aircraft's pilots were to become incapacitated, the other pilot could take over the full operation of the aircraft and perform a landing.

Last month, a Reuters report noted that the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) had ruled out single-pilot flights by 2030. However, the regulator was reportedly still evaluating proposals from Airbus and Dassault Aviation. This could see lmited single-pilot operation for parts of the flight as early as 2027.

It would appear, however, that some proposals for single-pilot operations would still include at least one other pilot onboard the aircraft. This is the case for Airbus and Cathay Pacific's 'Project Connect', which envisions a fatigued pilot being able to rest in the crew rest area while the other pilot flies solo during less-demanding portions of the flight, and not takeoff or landing

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

No Smoke, No Fire wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:54 am
BE02 Driver wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:32 am It's amazing to me the cultural differences between Canada and the US on this and most topics.

The pilots I fly with don't care one way or another about your personal decisions regarding medical procedures, masking or basically anything else you do in your life. It's a very much, you do you, I'll do me attitude. Very refreshing.
Yet you feel compelled to ask each pilot you’ve flown their vaccination status? Curious.
Wow, mental gymnastics with that one. Good for you. I can see why you find the world so confusing.

How about, they ask me without fail why I left the Utopia that is Canada, I tell them my story and they volunteer their position. People like you is why Canada is a mess.

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

https://makismd.substack.com/p/young-pi ... d-suddenly
2D97DA27-F10A-4B14-81F2-01B8C1EFA427.jpeg
2D97DA27-F10A-4B14-81F2-01B8C1EFA427.jpeg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1470 times

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

I get you're impressed because Bill Makis is/was a physician, but he's the poster child for mental illness. Ignore the fact that he is a radiologist and has no specialty training in immunology/virology/pharmacology/epidemiology, and worry about why he's been declared a vexatious litigant for over 5 years and why he believes entire hospitals and everyone of the staff members is out to get him. This has been his life for a decade plus.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abcpsdc/do ... ltIndex=12
JerryRig wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:09 am 7

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

I would also like to point out that you haven't proven that any of the above individuals were even vaccinated in the first place. Many companies now hire individuals who refused the shot.

Are you going to blame the vaccine on this guy's death too?

https://globalnews.ca/news/9399041/pede ... n-toronto/

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

The other thing to consider, is that a lot of the language used in that release/article/obituary, tends to be that used in cases of suicide in an attempt to shield family and friends from further heartache and occasionally stigma.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

7ECA wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:40 pm The other thing to consider, is that a lot of the language used in that release/article/obituary, tends to be that used in cases of suicide in an attempt to shield family and friends from further heartache and occasionally stigma.
Yes, I had the same thought when I read that, that or an accident! I would think they would come out and say it if it were suspected to be vaccine related.
I’ll give rig credit for persistence though, still not vaccinated and still outta work, must be mentally exhausting!

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

kgb531 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:36 pm I get you're impressed because Bill Makis is/was a physician, but he's the poster child for mental illness. Ignore the fact that he is a radiologist and has no specialty training in immunology/virology/pharmacology/epidemiology, and worry about why he's been declared a vexatious litigant for over 5 years and why he believes entire hospitals and everyone of the staff members is out to get him. This has been his life for a decade plus.

I have no opinion on the article, but if the main reason you don't trust it is because of the credentials of the doctor, would you trust a bunch of other doctors that recommend against the vaccine who are immunological, vaccinologists, epidemiologist etc?

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:57 am
7ECA wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:40 pm The other thing to consider, is that a lot of the language used in that release/article/obituary, tends to be that used in cases of suicide in an attempt to shield family and friends from further heartache and occasionally stigma.
Yes, I had the same thought when I read that, that or an accident! I would think they would come out and say it if it were suspected to be vaccine related.
I’ll give rig credit for persistence though, still not vaccinated and still outta work, must be mentally exhausting!
Actually, they won’t outright point to the “vaccine” because that would be a public admission that they were wrong. The backlash would send the world into violent chaos.

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

Only if the vast consensus of their peers agree with them.
The outliers are written off for good reasons (religious zealots, attention seekers, etc.)

khedrei wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:00 am
kgb531 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:36 pm I get you're impressed because Bill Makis is/was a physician, but he's the poster child for mental illness. Ignore the fact that he is a radiologist and has no specialty training in immunology/virology/pharmacology/epidemiology, and worry about why he's been declared a vexatious litigant for over 5 years and why he believes entire hospitals and everyone of the staff members is out to get him. This has been his life for a decade plus.

I have no opinion on the article, but if the main reason you don't trust it is because of the credentials of the doctor, would you trust a bunch of other doctors that recommend against the vaccine who are immunological, vaccinologists, epidemiologist etc?

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

kgb531 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:03 am Only if the vast consensus of their peers agree with them.
The outliers are written off for good reasons (religious zealots, attention seekers, etc.)

Why “the vast consensus”? Is it not possible that the vast consensus took their position due to blackmail and extortion of their career and livelihood putting their family at risk? Because that’s basically what happened. Only those who had little to loose because they were well positioned to oppose, or near retirement, or were already retired, or had balls of steel actually are opposing this crime. And it IS a crime.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

JerryRig wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:54 am Actually, they won’t outright point to the “vaccine” because that would be a public admission that they were wrong. The backlash would send the world into violent chaos.
You want them to admit they're wrong, right? So what then? Violent chaos?

Alternatively, what if they never admit they were wrong?
JerryRig wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:51 pm Only those who had little to loose because they were well positioned to oppose, or near retirement, or were already retired, or had balls of steel actually are opposing this crime. And it IS a crime.
Prove it in court.

Last edited by Bingo Fuel on Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:08 pm
JerryRig wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:54 am Actually, they won’t outright point to the “vaccine” because that would be a public admission that they were wrong. The backlash would send the world into violent chaos.
JerryRig wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:51 pm Only those who had little to loose because they were well positioned to oppose, or near retirement, or were already retired, or had balls of steel actually are opposing this crime. And it IS a crime.
Prove it in court.
The day of reckoning is coming, my friend. This is in various courts at various levels, and the perps are squirming. It’s just you won’t see this on the mainstream news because the major networks are complicit.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

JerryRig wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:52 pm
Prove it in court.
The day of reckoning is coming, my friend. This is in various courts at various levels, and the perps are squirming. It’s just you won’t see this on the mainstream news because the major networks are complicit.
And if they're found not guilty, I assume the Courts are also complicit. What if they never admit they were wrong?

How long will you wait?

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:58 pm
JerryRig wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:52 pm

Prove it in court.
And if they're found not guilty, I assume the Courts are also complicit. What if they never admit they were wrong?

How long will you wait?
Actually, you are correct. The courts have been infiltrated and appointed (not elected) with left leaning judges. This is a spiritual war, and the ending has already been written. It’s just a matter of time(ing).

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Prove it in court.
The burden of proof is on the people want to mandate things/take away freedoms. Or at least that's how our world used to work. Somehow in 2020 all that democracy crap went away.

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

Physicians are regulated by other physicians. They elect the physicians who make up that regulatory body.
Are you suggesting someone has dirt on all of them? Because all of big pharma's profits combined couldn't even buy off a quarter of physicians in the US, never mind the entire planet.
They "had little to lose" but everything to gain. It's tough to become irrelevant as one ages out of their profession.
Whether it's a mentally ill xray doc (Makis), a pushed into retirement heart surgeon (Modry) or a pathologist that can only find work testifying for accused murders/rapists (Hodkinson). Big egos clamoring for any bit of attention. That's just in Edmonton.
I'm sorry the education system failed you so badly. I'm sorry nobody made you aware of your gullibility earlier in life so you could've avoided rabbit hole after rabbit hole.

JerryRig wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:51 pm
kgb531 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:03 am Only if the vast consensus of their peers agree with them.

Why “the vast consensus”? Is it not possible that the vast consensus took their position due to blackmail and extortion of their career and livelihood putting their family at risk? Because that’s basically what happened. Only those who had little to loose because they were well positioned to oppose, or near retirement, or were already retired, or had balls of steel actually are opposing this crime. And it IS a crime.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

khedrei wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:36 pm

Prove it in court.
The burden of proof is on the people want to mandate things/take away freedoms. Or at least that's how our world used to work. Somehow in 2020 all that democracy crap went away.
Yet here we are, it’s 2023 and neither side has budged, we’re not dropping like flies and the world carries on.
Covid doesn’t exist for me anymore, I only come to this forum for entertainment!

Return to “Covid”