Announced routes

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Announced routes

Post by Inverted2 »

Plus if it’s 2 separate AOCs if one is pulled the other can keep operating if there’s a major accident or TC pulls it. I know a certain company that used to crash Caravans all the time did separate AOCs that so the passenger side could keep flying.
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

it BETTER be about the shareholders !
Call up all the management of the equities in your TFSA and RRSP and tell them you want less returns on your investments.
You're just a greedy 1%er.
Canada should have a flat income. Whatever your profession, all income should be the same.
Or at the least a guaranteed income of at least $80,000. You need that to live in TO.

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

Also, its those dang teachers. They are SOOOOOOOO greedy. Isn't the teachers pension one of the strongest in Canada.
Now i'm gonna go watch the Kardashians and some NFL football players. They can relate to me, they know my financial struggles.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

doiwannabeapilot wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:30 am it BETTER be about the shareholders !
Call up all the management of the equities in your TFSA and RRSP and tell them you want less returns on your investments.
Canada should have a flat income. Whatever your profession, all income should be the same.
Or at the least a guaranteed income of at least $80,000. You need that to live in TO.
How much Star Trek have you been watching? You’re telling me a ophthalmologist who specializes in corneal surgery should make the same as the person who sells you life insurance? Come on dude.

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

doiwannabeapilot wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:30 am it BETTER be about the shareholders !
What a lunatic you are :lol: .

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Any recent talk of opening "western" base(s) ??

cjp
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cjp »

dhc# wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:57 am Any recent talk of opening "western" base(s) ??
Nothing that has made it to the line. Likely see YOW and YUL before anything in the West. Right now most pairings will have some connection through YOW.

Let's just agree to call it organized chaos at it's finest, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

E2 is a nice machine to spend the day in.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Ottawa and Newark, Boston and T-Bay just announced. Q400 routes.

Lots of airlines pulling back. Porter keeps up with the expansion plans!

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:26 am Ottawa and Newark, Boston and T-Bay just announced. Q400 routes.

I understand your raw raw attitude as you seem to be a Porter pilot, however Flair continued their expansion despite not making enough money right up until they had leases repo’d. Now they are cautiously maintaining, hopefully not shrinking.
If the market is not there, expansion for the sake of expansion never works out, with the self fulfilling economic crisis looming, this could severely damage any expansion plans for any airline.
I’m at the point I would advise any pilot to grab a seat and hang on, if you have some tenure where you are and can live off of the wages, I would stay put!

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:49 pm
CaptDukeNukem wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:26 am Ottawa and Newark, Boston and T-Bay just announced. Q400 routes.

I understand your raw raw attitude as you seem to be a Porter pilot, however Flair continued their expansion despite not making enough money right up until they had leases repo’d. Now they are cautiously maintaining, hopefully not shrinking.
If the market is not there, expansion for the sake of expansion never works out, with the self fulfilling economic crisis looming, this could severely damage any expansion plans for any airline.
I’m at the point I would advise any pilot to grab a seat and hang on, if you have some tenure where you are and can live off of the wages, I would stay put!
I didn’t say EVERY airline pulling back. But many are, and that’s a fact. And yes, it’s exciting times at porter. I was simply using the appropriate thread to announce the new routes that porter is doing.

And I also would advise any pilot with some seniority to stand pat and wait it out.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:15 pm

I didn’t say EVERY airline pulling back. But many are, and that’s a fact. And yes, it’s exciting times at porter. I was simply using the appropriate thread to announce the new routes that porter is doing.

And I also would advise any pilot with some seniority to stand pat and wait it out.
But you didn’t “just” announce expansion plans, you literally highlighted that despite “lots of airlines pulling back. Porter keeps up with expansion plans!”
You were recruiting and you know it, good to know you’re not blind to what’s happening around us, I would not be surprised to see Porter delay some deliveries until summer starts to shape up.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Congratulations to all of you at Porter. It's nice to see further expansion and decent-paying jobs in the industry to give pilots more options.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

tbaylx wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:39 pm

Congratulations to all of you at Porter. It's nice to see further expansion and decent-paying jobs in the industry to give pilots more options.
Looking for a new job?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:12 pm

Looking for a new job?
Nope, I've got more than enough work in my current organization managing our growth, but instead of tearing down a guy happy his airline is doing well, I'm happy to congratulate them. Best of luck to you in your negotiations at Jazz in 2035.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

tbaylx wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:40 pm
cdnavater wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:12 pm

Looking for a new job?
Nope, I've got more than enough work in my current organization managing our growth, but instead of tearing down a guy happy his airline is doing well, I'm happy to congratulate them. Best of luck to you in your negotiations at Jazz in 2035.
Mic Drop.

ashtray
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ashtray »

Other than Flair, what airlines are pulling back?

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

ashtray wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:48 am

WestJet has significantly reduced flying in the east coast.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Jazz also losing routes to AC or just disappearing all together

ashtray
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ashtray »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:49 am
ashtray wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:48 am

WestJet has significantly reduced flying in the east coast.
A significant decision no doubt for WestJet. How will it be a different outcome for Porter?

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

It seems they also pulled out a bit from Vancouver.

Return to “Porter Airlines”