Line Maintenance Log Book Sing off Amount

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AshAme
Rank 0
Rank 0

Line Maintenance Log Book Sing off Amount

Post by AshAme »

Hello,

I am curious how many sing off do you need for line maintenance to be licensed M2 AME. I heard the number was 170 to 190 for line maintenance can anyone confirm?

Thank you!
---------- ADS -----------

YYCAME
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Line Maintenance Log Book Sing off Amount

Post by YYCAME »

It's not an exact number but rather a percentage of the eligible tasks. Unless you can show that a section isn't applicable because of the scope of your work then it will be included in the overall count and raise the total number required to reach the required percentage, I think it's still 70%. When you submit the first time you'll get back a report on what percentage you have in each chapter and overall so you know how much more you need to finish up and in what area.

all_ramped_up
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by all_ramped_up »

Use amelogbook.ca to keep track. It'll give you your percentage of completion.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Here's an article about a maintenance sing off -/https://www.dover.af.mil/News/Article-D ... -amc-icon/

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Your answer;

566.03 Issuance and Endorsement of an AME Licence
(e) Skill
(i) Applicants shall have performed a representative selection of eligible maintenance tasks, over the full range of applicable systems and structures; those tasks being comprised of not less than 70 percent of the items listed in Appendix B (https://tc.canada.ca/en/corporate-servi ... tions-cars)
that are applicable to the rating sought and to the aircraft, systems or components for which the experience is claimed.

The way that is interpreted is you must complete 70% of the sections and 70%of the items in appendix B applicable to the fleet you’re maintaining / working on.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

5x5 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:38 pm Here's an article about a maintenance sing off -/https://www.dover.af.mil/News/Article-D ... -amc-icon/
Uh huh

Return to “Maintenance”