Interview dress code

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Interview dress code

Post by ellinas »

What would you wear for a king air position?
---------- ADS -----------

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

ellinas wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:27 pm What would you wear for a king air position?
Suit and tie. You want to be treated like a professional pilot then look like a professional.

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

COMMANDO

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

ellinas wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:27 pm What would you wear for a king air position?
Minimum button-up shirt and slacks. If the company pilots wear ties you should too.

Tigger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tigger »

dumpsterfire wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:03 pm
Tigger wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:39 am
dumpsterfire wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:11 pm I'd wear an obviously expensive suit

Tells the company you're independently wealthy and can afford the poverty starting wages. Nothing is more important than a visual confirmation you are willing to pay your dues after already paying your dues

Just tell them it's always been your dream to be among the lowest paid pilots in the world and tell them you love cozy relationships between the executives and the pilots

Good luck
🙄

I wish I knew your employee number so I could bid around you (or make you bid around me.) You sound like an utterly miserable SOB and I hope I never have to share a cockpit with you. Pure poison. I pity the poor souls who get stuck with you.
Tony the Tigger, I assume you're going around saying the pay & contract- they're Greeeeeaat!

The irony is you're probably the guy everyone is avoiding because you clearly have your head up somewhere or up someone

On your next layover, go talk to a United, Delta, or pretty much any foreign crew and tell them what flatpay or what a RP is, how much they make, and brag about how much the skipper makes.

For a closing performance, explain 50% DH pay, begging for release every pairing and when you got your schedule this month

I promise they won't even know how to respond other than to go unfuk yourself because it's hurting the whole industry
And thank you for proving my point! But I see you’re probably not self aware enough to see the irony of that.

Must be pretty shitty being so angry all the time — sucks to be you! But then, I’d say it certainly must suck even harder to know you in person.

See you in the funny pages.

Freshredmeat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Freshredmeat »

Tigger wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:20 pm
dumpsterfire wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:03 pm
Tigger wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:39 am

🙄

I wish I knew your employee number so I could bid around you (or make you bid around me.) You sound like an utterly miserable SOB and I hope I never have to share a cockpit with you. Pure poison. I pity the poor souls who get stuck with you.
Tony the Tigger, I assume you're going around saying the pay & contract- they're Greeeeeaat!

The irony is you're probably the guy everyone is avoiding because you clearly have your head up somewhere or up someone

On your next layover, go talk to a United, Delta, or pretty much any foreign crew and tell them what flatpay or what a RP is, how much they make, and brag about how much the skipper makes.

For a closing performance, explain 50% DH pay, begging for release every pairing and when you got your schedule this month

I promise they won't even know how to respond other than to go unfuk yourself because it's hurting the whole industry
And thank you for proving my point! But I see you’re probably not self aware enough to see the irony of that.

Must be pretty shitty being so angry all the time — sucks to be you! But then, I’d say it certainly must suck even harder to know you in person.

See you in the funny pages.
And ladies & Gentlemen...that is why I am on flatpay

Thanks to critical thinkers like Tigger.

Don't drink too much koolaid. Too much sugar is bad for anyone, especially for a pussy cat

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

How about a scenic flight company that flies single engine Cessnas do you still need the tie?

You don’t want to overdo it or under dress for the appropriate position and look dumb.

Thanks and fly safe !

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

I was always told to dress a step above what you will be wearing for the job. Business casual job, wear a shirt and tie, shirt and tie, wear a suit, etc. so obviously for a job with a Pilot uniform you should wear a tuxedo to the interview. Go all the way and get a cummerbund.

Phoenix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Phoenix »

Protonpilot wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:33 am
dumpsterfire wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:11 pm I'd wear an obviously expensive suit

Tells the company you're independently wealthy and can afford the poverty starting wages. Nothing is more important than a visual confirmation you are willing to pay your dues after already paying your dues

Just tell them it's always been your dream to be among the lowest paid pilots in the world and tell them you love cozy relationships between the executives and the pilots

Good luck
Don't pay any attention to this, a complete a**hole. He's totally forgotten what it's like to start out in this industry when you need a helping hand and some friendly advice.

Wear your best suit, fresh haircut, shine your shoes. Show them that this interview is important to you. Be sincere, be ready to tell them your story, why you want to join AC, and the steps you've taken to make yourself a great candidate. Good luck!
I'm presently conducting interviews for the company. Protonpilot has very good advice.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

ant_321 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:33 am I was always told to dress a step above what you will be wearing for the job. Business casual job, wear a shirt and tie, shirt and tie, wear a suit, etc. so obviously for a job with a Pilot uniform you should wear a tuxedo to the interview. Go all the way and get a cummerbund.
I was told for an airline interview, to dress so that they can picture you in their uniform including facial hair and hair.
My personal bias would say if you have any tattoos, I would cover them up. I would not hire a professional that shows up with a full sleeve of tattoos or worse, face tattoos. Obviously this is going to open a can of worms but I am simply telling you my bias and the people who are responsible for evaluating you are human and humans are biased whether you admit or not.

Lt. Daniel Kaffee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Lt. Daniel Kaffee »

that is why I am on flatpay
I think you need to take a critical thinking skills course or two.

No one held a gun to your head, you voluntarily chose the job and the working conditions.

If you didn't know about the contract before you accepted the position, whose fault is that?

Maybe you should take some time away from the keyboard and the job if you're that angry...

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Torontomaplelaughs »

Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:08 pm

No one held a gun to your head, you voluntarily chose the job and the working conditions.

If you didn't know about the contract before you accepted the position, whose fault is that?

Maybe you should take some time away from the keyboard and the job if you're that angry...
Lol Kaffee...

A prolific ACPA supporter and lifetime yes voter crawls out from under concessions rock to assert his authority on the proud state of new hire pay

What a proud boy you must be

You still believe it is just an angry "few" that vote No?

Conditions are so bad now that the company is desperate to rid the pay your beloved leaders negotiated. How bad is that...a union that negotiated pay below supply/demand market rates

Canadian aviation will not miss ACPA, its former leaders & prolific supporters or the management friendly culture that sold out its own membership & industry

Bu bye!!

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Torontomaplelaughs wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:53 pm

Lol Kaffee...

A prolific ACPA supporter and lifetime yes voter crawls out from under concessions rock to assert his authority on the proud state of new hire pay

Conditions are so bad now that the company is desperate to rid the pay your beloved leaders negotiated. How bad is that...a union that negotiated pay below supply/demand market rates

Canadian aviation will not miss ACPA, its former leaders & prolific supporters or the management friendly culture that sold out its own membership & industry

Bu bye!!
Not, I repeat not an ACPA supporter but just a couple thoughts, the pay is not below supply/demand market rates because the classes remain full. Also, the wages were set long, long before the shortages started to materialize.
The company was not desperate to rid itself of the flat pay, it attached several concessions because it believed the pilots were desperate to get rid of it.

flyingfool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingfool »

Lol!!

Is the likes of Delta, FedEx, United short of pilot applicants?

If they aren't...where is their flat pay?

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:09 pm

Lol Kaffee...

Bu bye!!
Not, I repeat not an ACPA supporter but just a couple thoughts, the pay is not below supply/demand market rates because the classes remain full. Also, the wages were set long, long before the shortages started to materialize.
The company was not desperate to rid itself of the flat pay, it attached several concessions because it believed the pilots were desperate to get rid of it.
Classes are full because of Jazz flow. Without the Jazz hires, classes were running at half capacity, in some cases less, just to clarify.

FelixGustof
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FelixGustof »

Is this how AC pilots think?

Maybe they should lower pay and it can be like a social experiment to see how many pilots still come?

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

flying4dollars wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:53 pm

Lol Kaffee...

Bu bye!!
Classes are full because of Jazz flow. Without the Jazz hires, classes were running at half capacity, in some cases less, just to clarify.
To be fair, this is the first I’m hearing of this!
How many classes were run at half(or less) capacity?
The hiring for 2022 without Jazz candidates left a deficit of 264(I believe) Jazz pilots who should have been hired.
Are you saying AC ran some courses at half instead of filling them up with Jazz pilots?
Either way, AC is on record saying they are hav8ng no trouble finding pilots.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

FelixGustof wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:11 am

Is this how AC pilots think?

Maybe they should lower pay and it can be like a social experiment to see how many pilots still come?
Don’t you think that’s what has been happening over the last two decades?
In the US, prior to the Buffalo crash, FO pay at the regional was 16,000/yr, they never claim an inability to hire!

cjp
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cjp »

cdnavater wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:50 am

The hiring for 2022 without Jazz candidates left a deficit of 264(I believe) Jazz pilots who should have been hired.
Are you saying AC ran some courses at half instead of filling them up with Jazz pilots?
You can thank Westjet for that.

noreasterYHZ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by noreasterYHZ »

cjp wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:00 am
cdnavater wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:50 am

You can thank Westjet for that.
WJ is going to pony up their contract and that supply will dry up pretty quick. Nobody wants to be at the bottom of AC's seniority list. It's literally the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

AC is on record for saying a lot of things...Aeroplan deal too expensive, no recalls till 2023, you can't compare yourselves to UPS because they are door to door delivery but you can compare to Atlas...oh wait...Atlas pays that now?! OK they are a non comparable too

The company will always gas light stuff to give excuses on why they can't pay. Key is not listening to it

Return to “Air Canada”