Career choice

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Are you applying elsewhere?

Yes
51%
No
12%
Thinking about it
12%
Nope, staying put
25%

Total votes: 68

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Career choice

Post by flyinhigh »

Just thought I’d start a little poll to see what pilots at Flair are thinking.

Big choices need to made quickly, and I hope each and everyone of you are successful in whatever you choose.

Good Luck to all Flair employees,
---------- ADS -----------

SMD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Career choice

Post by SMD »

Are you asking to help or just being an asshole?

Lots of guys on here seem to be taking great delight in the possibility of Flair shutting down. Good for those of you who can criticize from your lofty perch.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

SMD wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:33 am Are you asking to help or just being an asshole?

Lots of guys on here seem to be taking great delight in the possibility of Flair shutting down. Good for those of you who can criticize from your lofty perch.
I’d say 95% of us have been the exact opposite. Everyone here has shown their support for the employee group. In fact I was one of the first to say that I’d ensure the Flair crews had a ride home if needed.

What everyone has done is called your management team out for the utter BS they keep spewing.

Out to Lunch 101
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Out to Lunch 101 »

Although WJ looks like a dumpster fire right now, I reckon this new contract on the horizon will be pretty attractive. There will be high competition once the wave starts. Just sayin……

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Out to Lunch 101 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:01 am Although WJ looks like a dumpster fire right now, I reckon this new contract on the horizon will be pretty attractive. There will be high competition once the wave starts. Just sayin……
Unless the new WJ FO pay is comparable to our captain pay I doubt that WJ will be an attractive place to apply for Flair pilots. The upgrade times at Wetjet mean a 10-year + sit in the right seat and bottom of a long FO list. The uncertainty around the senioority list mergers will also be a deterrent until it's sorted out.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:36 am
Out to Lunch 101 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:01 am Although WJ looks like a dumpster fire right now, I reckon this new contract on the horizon will be pretty attractive. There will be high competition once the wave starts. Just sayin……
Unless the new WJ FO pay is comparable to our captain pay I doubt that WJ will be an attractive place to apply for Flair pilots. The upgrade times at Wetjet mean a 10-year + sit in the right seat and bottom of a long FO list. The uncertainty around the senioority list mergers will also be a deterrent until it's sorted out.
The irony of Flair's CP citing uncertainty as a deterrent when his company is getting aircraft repossessed is palpable.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:04 am
The irony of Flair's CP citing uncertainty as a deterrent when his company is getting aircraft repossessed is palpable.
Hi Tabayer, nice to hear from you again. I think all of us at Flair recognize the uncertainty and stress the recent events have caused our pilot group. We've been doing our best to mitigate the effects of that event through communication with the pilots. That and time will begin to restore confidence. In the meantime, we live with the consequences.

The fact other airlines also have events that lead to uncertainty remains a valid observation and factor in employment decisions.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

Back to his regularly scheduled swindling I see. The guy really has no shame.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

thepoors wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:20 am

Ok, so what exactly do you propose he should say? When he doesn't post, there are threads "where is tbaylx" and people slandering him for not posting. When he does post, you continue to slander anyways. You guys are ridiculous, grow up :roll:

TheLastonetoknow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheLastonetoknow »

rooster wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:05 am

Ok, so what exactly do you propose he should say? When he doesn't post, there are threads "where is tbaylx" and people slandering him for not posting. When he does post, you continue to slander anyways. You guys are ridiculous, grow up :roll:
I completely agree with the above. He’s transparent and it’s refreshing in this industry. Keep up the good work!

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

rooster wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:05 am Ok, so what exactly do you propose he should say? When he doesn't post, there are threads "where is tbaylx" and people slandering him for not posting. When he does post, you continue to slander anyways. You guys are ridiculous, grow up :roll:
+1
TheLastonetoknow wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:57 am I completely agree with the above. He’s transparent and it’s refreshing in this industry. Keep up the good work!
+1

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

Lol just look at what he's saying. It's blatant lies and hypocrisy. That's the problem. Like Tbayer said, he's talking about "uncertainty" at WJ and 10yr upgrades being a deterrent, meanwhile Flair is having aircraft repossessed...pretty big deterrent if you ask me. Not to mention they've paused all hiring and I guarantee there won't be any upgrades there any time soon. This after pushing a shitty contract (with tbaylx using his greasy salesman tactics) that shafted their FOs on the promise of "quick upgrades" and "it's only a 3yr deal." Going to be 3 long years now...if they stick around.

Why you people can't see through his crap, I don't know. He's not being transparent, he's on here shilling for management. And when things got ugly he conveniently disappeared. It's shameless, wake tf up.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

thepoors wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:44 am

Lol just look at what he's saying. It's blatant lies and hypocrisy. That's the problem. Like Tbayer said, he's talking about "uncertainty" at WJ and 10yr upgrades being a deterrent, meanwhile Flair is having aircraft repossessed...pretty big deterrent if you ask me. Not to mention they've paused all hiring and I guarantee there won't be any upgrades there any time soon. This after pushing a shitty contract (with tbaylx using his greasy salesman tactics) that shafted their FOs on the promise of "quick upgrades" and "it's only a 3yr deal." Going to be 3 long years now...if they stick around.

Why you people can't see through his crap, I don't know. He's not being transparent, he's on here shilling for management. And when things got ugly he conveniently disappeared. It's shameless, wake tf up.
We just posted an upgrade bid for 15 captains. That will upgrade all the qualified pilots at Flair who want to bid for it. We're taking our next two aircraft into service for July 1st or earlier and despite the loss of the 4 aircraft, we are still growing this year, albeit by a smaller amount than planned.

Your guarantees and negativity mean nothing.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

tbaylx wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:19 pm

We just posted an upgrade bid for 15 captains. That will upgrade all the qualified pilots at Flair who want to bid for it. We're taking our next two aircraft into service for July 1st or earlier and despite the loss of the 4 aircraft, we are still growing this year, albeit by a smaller amount than planned.

15 new positions I'm sure, and not to replace the 15+ captains that have left. Definitely not that.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 pm
tbaylx wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:19 pm

15 new positions I'm sure, and not to replace the 15+ captains that have left. Definitely not that.
They are new positions required to support the summer schedule. We've had very few captain resignations.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

tbaylx wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:39 pm
tbaylx wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:19 pm We just posted an upgrade bid for 15 captains. That will upgrade all the qualified pilots at Flair who want to bid for it. We're taking our next two aircraft into service for July 1st or earlier and despite the loss of the 4 aircraft, we are still growing this year, albeit by a smaller amount than planned.

They are new positions required to support the summer schedule. We've had very few captain resignations.
Yup! Just like everything was rosy at flair till the world found out they weren't paying their bills and BAM! 4 repos just like that.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:43 pm

Yup! Just like everything was rosy at flair till the world found out they weren't paying their bills and BAM! 4 repos just like that.
Yeah, that wasn't in the business plan and was less than desirable. It undid significant amounts of work. Unlike that incident however, anyone with access to our seniority lists that we publish regularly can easily verify the number of captain resignations if they care enough to do so.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

tbaylx wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:25 pm
Tbayer2021 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:43 pm

Yeah, that wasn't in the business plan and was less than desirable. It undid significant amounts of work. Unlike that incident however, anyone with access to our seniority lists that we publish regularly can easily verify the number of captain resignations if they care enough to do so.
And lets not forget that it wasn't a total of 11 thanks to investors coming in and saving the day. Making payments for 7 of them to stay. Meaning Flair didn't have the capital to cover this.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

I've fact checked what he has said with the few friends I have at Flair and they have confirmed his claims about the upgrades etc. So you're rhetoric is void and baseless. All you're doing is childishly mud-slinging and name calling a guy while you hide behind your username on avcanada in anonymity like a keyboard warrior. What a hero!

You also did not answer my question. What SHOULD he say? Since you lot are unhappy when he posts and just as unhappy when he doesn't. "now f off back to your van". What integrity :roll: Honestly I'm sometimes embarrassed to share this profession with people like you.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

What's the difference between "No", and "Nope" in the poll? Are you trying to divide the happy to stay people so it looks like more are considering leaving?

Return to “Flair Airlines”