ground schools canceled

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: ground schools canceled

Post by capt_Z »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:40 am
cdnavater wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:56 am
MAX8 Driver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:59 pm

Give it a rest. Hiring and attrition will literally come out in the wash. The majority are staying put, but there will be a continuation of hiring. Carry on.
Did tbaylx say or not say that April 3 ground school will be the last until 2024, therefore one could surmise that any hiring after April 3 is due to attrition?
Any hiring after Apr 3rd will be due to attrition unless aircraft come in the fall. That seems obvious if we aren’t getting any more aircraft this year other than the 5 we’ve already planned for.

Latest bid that just went out provided 15 more Captain upgrades
What about all candidates that attended WalkIns. Will be updated about the outcome? Negative or positive. And If positive will be placed in a pool?
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

capt_Z wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:36 pm
cdnavater wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:56 am

Did tbaylx say or not say that April 3 ground school will be the last until 2024, therefore one could surmise that any hiring after April 3 is due to attrition?
Any hiring after Apr 3rd will be due to attrition unless aircraft come in the fall. That seems obvious if we aren’t getting any more aircraft this year other than the 5 we’ve already planned for.

What about all candidates that attended WalkIns. Will be updated about the outcome? Negative or positive. And If positive will be placed in a pool?
ALl candidates who are interviewed will be contacted with the results and successful candidates will be pooled

ZuluBravo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ZuluBravo »

tbaylx wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:02 pm

ALl candidates who are interviewed will be contacted with the results and successful candidates will be pooled
Once GS dates resume, will pool candidates be called base on the date they Interviewed?

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

tbaylx wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:02 pm

Now that 4 aircraft are repossesed, will hiring and GS resume as it was planned or still stays suspended until 2024?

CAP12000
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CAP12000 »

I was just in the latest Lynx Ground School course. Out of the 10 candidates, four were Flair Captains.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

CAP12000 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:44 pm I was just in the latest Lynx Ground School course. Out of the 10 candidates, four were Flair Captains.
Wow, between that and FOs from Flair in the April 5 AC course, I would think there will be more course before 2024, if not that speaks volumes about the health of the company.
I’m not sure I would jump ship to another start up but they must’ve been spooked enough to risk it.
Edited out the part about Porter, I read it as forward March onward, re-read and it was March only

Last edited by cdnavater on Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

cdnavater wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:36 pm Porter pulling back 25% of the summer schedule too, seems the market has hit it’s peak, I’m not sure I would jump ship to another start up but they must’ve been spooked enough to risk it.
Where did you hear the 25%? The only slow down is due to crew training with Porter.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

flyinhigh wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:50 pm
cdnavater wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:36 pm Porter pulling back 25% of the summer schedule too, seems the market has hit it’s peak, I’m not sure I would jump ship to another start up but they must’ve been spooked enough to risk it.
Where did you hear the 25%? The only slow down is due to crew training with Porter.
https://dailyhive.com/canada/porter-air ... -expansion
Out of Porter’s planned 253 flights departing from Toronto Pearson International Airport, 56 were cancelled, indicating there might be some difficulties keeping up with objectives.
That's a 22% cancellation rate.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

CAP12000 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:44 pm I was just in the latest Lynx Ground School course. Out of the 10 candidates, four were Flair Captains.
I heard that from a friend at Lynx, I wish them the best, and hope they made the right decision for themselves and their families. I don't know any of them but I'd say Lynx lucked out and got 4 great well trained people. Good for them.

How many went to WestJet?

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

co-joe wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:43 pm
I heard that from a friend at Lynx, I wish them the best, and hope they made the right decision for themselves and their families. I don't know any of them but I'd say Lynx lucked out and got 4 great well trained people. Good for them.

Let me fill you in. WestJet has no respect for Flair or anyone who has worked there. Management is still upset that Flair was able to attract dozens of WestJet pilots by offering better pay and tangible promise for career progression.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

co-joe wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:36 pm
Out of Porter’s planned 253 flights departing from Toronto Pearson International Airport, 56 were cancelled, indicating there might be some difficulties keeping up with objectives.
Cancellation is different than a reduction in schedule. With all pilots in training, there is bound to be cancellations unfortunately but after April is over things will improve drastically.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

flyinhigh wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:05 pm
co-joe wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:36 pm
Cancellation is different than a reduction in schedule. With all pilots in training, there is bound to be cancellations unfortunately but after April is over things will improve drastically.
Correct me if I’m wrong, even though I know I’m not, if they sold seats on a flight and reduce the schedule removing some 22% of the planned flights, are they not considered cancelled?
The passengers who booked those flights might argue, given they are entitled to cancellation protection under the CTA rules

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

That is untrue unless they are still employed by Flair at the same time. We have had only one pilot ( a captain) resign and go to Lynx since Jan 2022 and that was as an immediate reaction to the lease issue a few weeks ago,

JakeLRS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JakeLRS »

Looking at the summer schedule, it looks like a new aircraft type will be running some route pairings.
Is flair wet/dry leasing one of Jetlines' A320's?

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

JakeLRS wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:06 pm Looking at the summer schedule, it looks like a new aircraft type will be running some route pairings.
Sources? Not that I doubt you. But this is popcorn worthy.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

I got to admit I am impressed they are still flying. Did not expect that at all!

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
the_new_guy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by the_new_guy »

JakeLRS wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:06 pm Looking at the summer schedule, it looks like a new aircraft type will be running some route pairings.
Yes, the company has opted to wet lease in order not to cancel flights. Not an easy task replacing 4 planes on short notice.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

the_new_guy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:00 am
Yes, the company has opted to wet lease in order not to cancel flights. Not an easy task replacing 4 planes on short notice.
A situation of their own making!

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

averageatbest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:57 am
co-joe wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:43 pm

Let me fill you in. WestJet has no respect for Flair or anyone who has worked there. Management is still upset that Flair was able to attract dozens of WestJet pilots by offering better pay and tangible promise for career progression.
:lol: WJ is always so butthurt over Flair it's actually quite amusing and sad lol

Mr.Alberta
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mr.Alberta »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:31 pm
That is untrue unless they are still employed by Flair at the same time. We have had only one pilot ( a captain) resign and go to Lynx since Jan 2022 and that was as an immediate reaction to the lease issue a few weeks ago,
So Tbaylx, Are you suggesting these 4 people did not get hired by Lynx? Or did they lie about their qualifications and work history? What part is untrue about that statement? Pretty sure there are indeed more people than you care to admit jumping ship maybe?

Return to “Flair Airlines”