New Saron Questions?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: New Saron Questions?

Post by 780Pilot »

EastCoastWings wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:20 am Writing SARON and SAMRA next month, like everyone else just looking for some feedback from anyone who's written it recently. I've got sharper edge 2020 (anyone confirm if new duty regs are on the exam yet?), Aerocourse workbook and study reference guide, just looking for anything that tripped you up or was difficult. Feel free to PM
I had 1 duty reg question and it wasn't a hard one. How many hours in single IFR (8). Don't worry too much about duty reg questions. You will get 1 max anyway.
---------- ADS -----------

jpayala
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jpayala »

What about the new duty time limits?

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/refere ... 47#toc4_14

:(
Please, if someone just done it, is it a new exams/themes ?...
Thanks for the reply...

EastCoastWings
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by EastCoastWings »

jpayala wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:01 pm What about the new duty time limits?

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/refere ... 47#toc4_14

:(
Please, if someone just done it, is it a new exams/themes ?...
Thanks for the reply...
I didn't even have a question relating to duty rest regulations on mine

jpayala
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jpayala »

Thanks!
Yeah, I am believe there are changing all the time, so they cannot track with updates for the questions. Alcohol now is 12hrs., before was 8hrs.

BeaverDreamer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BeaverDreamer »

I wrote mine today. Not a single question on anything duty related. The exam was dated 2016.

jpayala
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jpayala »

thanks!!!!

Dingbatt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dingbatt »

Im planning to write the course in a few weeks. When I sat my EASA ATPLs, there was a exam question bank of some 20,000 questions, so at least you knew where to start studying. For this it seems like its a bit of a shot in the dark. Can anyone recommend me where to start studying?

I have enrolled in an aerocourse, but any advice from someone who has passed recently is greatly appreciated.

EastCoastWings
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by EastCoastWings »

Aerocourse is a good place to start, there was a couple of questions that was on my SARON that I saw word for word in the workbook. Make sure you look over the Transport Canada Study and Reference Guide, it will let you know all the subject areas you should be familiar with.

DRONE43
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DRONE43 »

Hey guys,

I'm scheduled to write both exams in March. I'm freaking out as I always do for TC exams. Any questions y'all remember or any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

jpayala
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jpayala »

I have done it both last February.
You can find topics/forums about IATRA exams, really close themes used in both exams.
Of course, "read the questions at least 2 times", at first, you think, answer is correct but it will be wrong(classic TC exams).
I remembered a GFA question, asking which airport can have snow pellets/Ice? my answer was exactly where the weather happen at that moment, but I read it twice, answer was about what airport is coming to have the weather, not at the moment, it needs to look the movement of the mass, next airport...
Good luck!

what_limit?
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by what_limit? »

I am writing the SARON in a week and a bit here in Vancouver, anyone who recently wrote that has intel they're willing to share, would be greatly appreciated. PM or quote here

Thanks!

smitthakker
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by smitthakker »

Hello guys!
I hope you did well in SARON
Looking to have some questions tip for SARON as per your experience and memory/notes.
I'll be very grateful if you reply/pm me.
Thanks in advance!

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

flyboyKeith wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:26 pm I would print out the study and reference guide and save all those answers in a document. Then just study that document.
Do not listen to anything aviation related this clown says.

The study and reference guy is a good help, but don’t rely solely on it.

PeterM220
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PeterM220 »

Hi guys and girls if anyone can share their study material/ guide / approach would be very helpful. Many thanks in advance.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Do the aerocourse workbook. Twice if possible. Take it like a test and check your answers after.

Split it up and focus on the section you are writing first. Try to do it within a few days of writing so its fresh.

I didnt need to use anything else.

Spuds
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Spuds »

Hey Team,

New to the forum, am writing the SARON shortly, wondering if anyone else has written their recently and how it went, any total blind-sides, etc…

Cheers!

Aviator21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aviator21 »

Hello,
Looking to write it soon as well. Any tips on recent exams would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

WWSGomes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WWSGomes »

Hi Guys.

Has anyone taken SARON 008 or 009? I did 007 today and failed - 68%. Probably, I'll take 008 or 009 next time.

If anyone has taken 008 or 009, please PM me.

IndianJones
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by IndianJones »

edited

Last edited by IndianJones on Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWSGomes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WWSGomes »

Mobiledrew wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:18 pm Hi all. Just wrote the SARON exam. Number 9 version 6. Nizus was good study prep. Asked about frost on the bottom of the wing. .010 to .015 thick. No effect on take off but may restrict 2nd segment climb. Wait 24 hours after having your wisdom teeth pulled(anaesthetics), sterile cockpit, movement area, how a fire loop works. Elementary work on commercial aircraft, low aircraft energy in landing phase. A few others I got wrong as well but passed overall!
I'm almost sure you cannot help me anymore due to the long time ago you have done the test, but do you remember more questions about Number 9 version 6?

Return to “Flight Training”