TCCA to FAA ccp exam

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

chicken_or_beef_757
Rank 0
Rank 0

TCCA to FAA ccp exam

Post by chicken_or_beef_757 »

Hello, looking for some help please.

I will soon be writing the FAA Canadian conversion exam (CCP). I have a TCCA CPL and want to get it converted to FAA so I must write the CCP EXAM.

THE CCP EXAM TESTS AIR LAW AND COMMS. ANYONE WRITTEN THE TEST LATELY AND OFFER ANY INSIGHT?

Thank you
---------- ADS -----------

SamuelTheKitty
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: TCCA to FAA ccp exam

Post by SamuelTheKitty »

I wrote it about three and a half months ago. I used Gleim to prepare. I spend about a week going through that material and easily scored above 90%.

ZacharyA220
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ZacharyA220 »

Hey im soon going to finish my cpl and was wondering what’s your reasons for doing a cpl conversion? I plan to work in the us as an airline pilot and im asking because im looking for some guidance to which way would be best. Would love if we could chat sometime. Cya

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

Most difficult part is getting the permission to work. If you have that everything else is easy.

kilocharliemike
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kilocharliemike »

I also used Gleim which were the actual FAA exam questions you will get, back when I did it, easy peasy

CALCRL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CALCRL »

I passed my CCP last week, I used Gleim to study, questions were almost word for word.

Pliskin1108
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pliskin1108 »

I did mine a few years back now (about 5 years) but used Dauntless back then and had a lot of my questions at the exam be almost verbatim what I practiced.

It really focused on the differences in signage/rules/charts use in the two countries.

The hardest of the whole process was dealing with the FAA getting an appointment for the licence and all that stuff.

Good luck !

Return to “Flight Training”