First Interview

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FokkerF27
Rank 0
Rank 0

First Interview

Post by FokkerF27 »

Hello,

I have an interview with North Star Air in the near future. I recently got my CPL and this will be my first interview, and I am looking for some advice on what I should review, how I should dress, and any other helpful information anyone can provide.

Thank you in advance
---------- ADS -----------

TurkeyFarmYQX
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: First Interview

Post by TurkeyFarmYQX »

Is it for Pilot in Waiting? If so, show up with a pulse and you'll get an offer. But seriously avoid anything that's PIW, it's degrading and it's a career trap.

If it's for an FO job, then I'd review the CAP GEN and know your alternate minimums, basic IFR knowledge etc.

Put on something with a collar.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

A tie is always a safe bet. I dont bother with the jacket though.

El Capitan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by El Capitan »

I’ve been helping a lot of newbies with first interviews recently and a lot of the medium operators and ALL of the large ones have given the interview process over to the HR department.

Plan to answer questions like: the Captain you’re flying with wants to bust minimums so he can get home for the night. How would you handle that situation?

North Star probably hasn’t gone that route, yet - so knowing the Cap Gen is good advice - but be prepared to handle some Crew Resource Management (CRM) questions. Also, know the fleet and routes of the company.

Good luck!

Return to “General Comments”