Casablanca or Barcelona

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Casablanca or Barcelona

Post by Old fella »

Thinking about at trip on your airline next year for a lifeline occasion to a place that is different as I see it, not to far yet far enough. To the WB pilots who frequent the above noted locations, what would be your choice if those were vacy destinations.
---------- ADS -----------

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Casablanca or Barcelona

Post by flying4dollars »

Old fella wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:15 pm Thinking about at trip on your airline next year for a lifeline occasion to a place that is different as I see it, not to far yet far enough. To the WB pilots who frequent the above noted locations, what would be your choice if those were vacy destinations.

I haven't been to Casablanca. I absolutely loved Barcelona. There is a lot of culture and heritage there as well as a great vibe and food scene for a big city. If you have the time in your trip, I recommend you start in Gibraltar and rent a car and drive up the Costa del Sol making stops in Malaga, Granada, Valencia and then end in Barcelona. It is absolutely beautiful up that coast

Bon Voyage!

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

Stay away from Casablanca. Save your money. Hated going there every time for OVN…would rather have gone to YMM tbh.

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Old fella wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:15 pm Thinking about at trip on your airline next year for a lifeline occasion to a place that is different as I see it, not to far yet far enough. To the WB pilots who frequent the above noted locations, what would be your choice if those were vacy destinations.
You may want to look at Portugal - also a good choice imho.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
cjp
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cjp »

Eric Janson wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:22 am
You may want to look at Portugal - also a good choice imho.
2nd that, the guilt tipping culture hasn't reached Portugal yet. Scenery is amazing, get out of the big cities, and hit wine country.

South coast is gorgeous. Can alway combine Soain and Portugal.

Canuck1988
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Canuck1988 »

BingBong wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:04 pm Stay away from Casablanca. Save your money. Hated going there every time for OVN…would rather have gone to YMM tbh.
I would second Casablanca. If you are interested in seeing a deferent culture etc. Morocco would be a bigger difference than Barcelona. But if you were to go, I would fly into Casablanca and continue elsewhere to Fez, Chefchauen, the Sahara et Al. Casablanca itself as a city wasn’t the nicest.

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

Only did a 48 hour layover in Casablanca. It was interesting in the, "Hey, these markets look like a scene out of Aladdin" kind of way, but I agree with others that it wasn't the nicest. If you speak French you'll be able to communicate with everyone. If not, it may be a bit more challenging.

Have done a couple of vacation trips to Spain. Madrid, Cadiz, Malaga, and Seville were all lovely. Haven't been to Barcelona, but have heard good things. Spanish intercity trains are the equal of any in Europe. Nothing like being served a hot meal, sipping cognac and surfing on free wifi while the countryside blurs by at 300 km/h.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Interesting comments, appreciated for sure. Kinda leaning towards Morocco 🇲🇦, I don’t know why but just am. Remembering the
‘69 tune from Crosby, Stills and Nash - Marrakesh Express, year I entered University( first time, didn’t last) until I went back years later. Maybe I will train indulge, who knows.

Speaking of your airline, my doctor daughter just did an International medical conference in SFO and flew back(YYZ)on B787 upgrade to business or J Class you folks call it I think. Highly impressed with the airplane(pods) and more importantly the service, FAs doing that section couldn’t do enough for her, comfort wise(blankets, warm pillow) and eats, drinks etc. she isn’t into aviation, doesn’t know one aircraft from another especially the big ones but "whatever that airplane was I really liked it". I had to look the type up for her. Anyway doing another excursion to Italy early summer on AC and hoping the B787 which I think it is for some flights from YUL to FCO. Yes, business class upgrade over and back is gonna happen. The hubby is going as well…… oh to be of that age and have the means. We are delegated to look after the two kids. I want a bottle(from the source) of Bolgheri Sassicaia for such duties.

😉

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Old fella wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:19 pm Interesting comments, appreciated for sure. Kinda leaning towards Morocco 🇲🇦, I don’t know why but just am. Remembering the
‘69 tune from Crosby, Stills and Nash - Marrakesh Express, year I entered University( first time, didn’t last) until I went back years later. Maybe I will train indulge, who knows.

Speaking of your airline, my doctor daughter just did an International medical conference in SFO and flew back(YYZ)on B787 upgrade to business or J Class you folks call it I think. Highly impressed with the airplane(pods) and more importantly the service, FAs doing that section couldn’t do enough for her, comfort wise(blankets, warm pillow) and eats, drinks etc. she isn’t into aviation, doesn’t know one aircraft from another especially the big ones but "whatever that airplane was I really liked it". I had to look the type up for her. Anyway doing another excursion to Italy early summer on AC and hoping the B787 which I think it is for some flights from YUL to FCO. Yes, business class upgrade over and back is gonna happen. The hubby is going as well…… oh to be of that age and have the means. We are delegated to look after the two kids. I want a bottle(from the source) of Bolgheri Sassicaia for such duties.

😉
I wanna know how they warmed her pillow :lol:

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

I thought I heard that everything is "warm" at AC yycflyguy, especially the smiles from upfront crew, FAs, ticket counter people, gate checkin crowd, baggage handlers, rampies etc., etc. If you were left out of the group huggies , well I feel bad for you. :lol:

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

I'm not a WB pilot, but I've been to both. Casablanca is extremely boring. I'd pick Barcelona any day over that. If you do want to go to Morocco, Marrakesh is a better choice.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:51 pm I'm not a WB pilot, but I've been to both. Casablanca is extremely boring. I'd pick Barcelona any day over that. If you do want to go to Morocco, Marrakesh is a better choice.
Agree. Been to both of those. Depends what you want.

Seville is on my own wish list one day.

AC Business class can be hit or miss IMO with the crew. I prefer others myself.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:01 pm
RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:51 pm I'm not a WB pilot, but I've been to both. Casablanca is extremely boring. I'd pick Barcelona any day over that. If you do want to go to Morocco, Marrakesh is a better choice.

Can’t help yourself hey, you know what they say about opinions!
When is the last time you actually flew on AC, I mean you’ve been beaking off for a long time, surely you must be taking anything but AC with your experience on them.
You’ve had a vendetta since some pilot went ahead of you going through customs years back, let it go man, it’s not healthy

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

cdnavater wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:21 am

When is the last time you actually flew on AC, I mean you’ve been beaking off for a long time, surely you must be taking anything but AC with your experience on them.
You’ve had a vendetta since some pilot went ahead of you going through customs years back, let it go man, it’s not healthy
With my money, yeah I’ll express opinions. I fly AC domestically.

On a long international business class flight, I’ll usually choose someone else.

In short, foreign product offers:

Bigger seats.
Better food.
Friendlier staff for the most part.
Same or lower prices.

Works for me.

Nice rant…

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:05 am
cdnavater wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:21 am

With my money, yeah I’ll express opinions. I fly AC domestically.

On a long international business class flight, I’ll usually choose someone else.

In short, foreign product offers:

Bigger seats.
Better food.
Friendlier staff for the most part.
Same or lower prices.

Works for me.

Nice rant…
The op asked about specific destinations he was considering on AC, not whether or not you liked the airline, unsolicited opinions are like assholes, the stink like a vendetta.

Return to “Air Canada”