MOA

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GIVCE!
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: MOA

Post by GIVCE! »

Sounds like management trying to get ‘creative’ over there ahead of the impeding strike action at WJ. Stand strong and know your contract to the letter.
---------- ADS -----------

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

GIVCE! wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:27 am Sounds like management trying to get ‘creative’ over there ahead of the impeding strike action at WJ. Stand strong and know your contract to the letter.
Does it really matter to know the contract to the letter when Encore seems to have 200 grievances?

Scubes76
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Scubes76 »

Is anyone willing to post what a typical 1st year FO would take home for pay? Somebody posted a full month pay stub in the WJ mainline forum which was really helpful, including per diems and all deductions including health insurance and taxes etc. Would be really helpful to know what an avg monthly pay would look like. I know the basic amounts being 52.51/hr x 77.5 mmg plus the 850 for the MOA, but am missing all the other info. Thanks!

Me262
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Me262 »

Is it true that Encore is due for a new MOA by end of the year? And the payscale 3 start + 850 is just a stop go measure until then? And will Jazz's new MOA play any role into trying to match it (currently Jazz 65k vs 59k Encore)?

dontcallmeshirley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dontcallmeshirley »

Me262 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:25 am Is it true that Encore is due for a new MOA by end of the year? And the payscale 3 start + 850 is just a stop go measure until then? And will Jazz's new MOA play any role into trying to match it (currently Jazz 65k vs 59k Encore)?
Sort of. The MOA expires at the end of the year, but that was by design.

The collective agreement expires at the same time (December 31, 2023) and negotiations will likely cover the items covered by all MOAs.

As far as Jazz's MOA, that likely won't affect our negotiations as they got less pay and more work for the same pay. The pilots at Encore will not accept anything less than what we have now, and will likely not accept less than a sizable increase in wage and working conditions.

Me262
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Me262 »

dontcallmeshirley wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:03 am
Me262 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:25 am Is it true that Encore is due for a new MOA by end of the year? And the payscale 3 start + 850 is just a stop go measure until then? And will Jazz's new MOA play any role into trying to match it (currently Jazz 65k vs 59k Encore)?
Sort of. The MOA expires at the end of the year, but that was by design.

The collective agreement expires at the same time (December 31, 2023) and negotiations will likely cover the items covered by all MOAs.

As far as Jazz's MOA, that likely won't affect our negotiations as they got less pay and more work for the same pay. The pilots at Encore will not accept anything less than what we have now, and will likely not accept less than a sizable increase in wage and working conditions.
But right now an FO starts at level 3, $52 + 850/m 75 MMG, 57k yearly meanwhile Jazz starts at 65, 80 MMG, 65k yearly

I'm new to this but how is Jazz less pay for more work?

Return to “WestJet Encore”