Vote

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Vote

Post by BTD »

Mach1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:12 am
‘Bob’ wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:23 pm You do realize that crypto mining and working from home are two completely different topics… right?

And whether you are in an office or at home you are using the same amount of computing power to do your job.

The difference is the massive reduction of carbon emissions to go and do it somewhere else
I'm going to need you to get all the way off my back about this.

https://www.iea.org/commentaries/the-ca ... -headlines
He said the other thing.

Saying things is Tight.
---------- ADS -----------

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

BTD wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:05 pm He said the other thing.

Saying things is Tight.
Thank you for bringing joy to my life today, so that the aviation can happen. :)

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
billhill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by billhill »

I’m a big proponent of the digital age. I believe the pandemic showed that our carbon emissions can be curtailed by utilizing technology. Imagine how much our carbon footprints could be reduced by walking, using zoom and or taking public transit as opposed to driving and flying.

I think everything you mentioned above can be done as effectively on zoom. Also, creating carbon emissions and taxing the planet for your wedding? So you can see your relative ? so you can push the the planet to climate catastrophe?

Politicians, celebrities and CEO’s ( Kevin O’Leary) agree. Pilots are / will be obsolete. Transitioning you all to digital jobs is what’s best for our planet. The best thing possible is to keep working conditions in oil and gas, aviation, transportation low to drive people out of these carbon intensive professions.

Also, education for them will be critical … these are jobs not requiring significant education. Providing some form of education to tradespeople can help them transition .

What we pause today, can shape tomorrow .

Like it or not, this is coming:
Well lets see here. Quite a mouthful.Politicians, celebrities and Kevin O'Leary. What do they all have in common? Think they know everything and the opposite is true. Kevin O'Leary??? Wow. Isn't that the guy whose wife was over .08 blood alcohol and driving Kevie's boat with him also in same boat and they had a fatal accident and tried to cover it up? Got away with it too. Isn't he the guy who was in cahoots with Bankman Fried on that mammoth crypto fraud? Yeah I thought so. Now let's see. If only: society was built around pedestrians we could walk everywhere local... never happen in North America, we would ride bicycles everywhere...never going to happen in North America. Using Zoom?? Have you ever conducted a business meeting on Zoom?? LMAO. Unicorn farts..

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

Well the conciliation period has now come and gone, we’ve entered the 21 day cool-off period at which time job action can be announced. Still a total of 22 outstanding items to agree to, which is insane and shows the vast chasm between the union and management. Buckle up for May Long.

TheLastonetoknow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheLastonetoknow »

Canadaflyer46 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:21 am Well the conciliation period has now come and gone, we’ve entered the 21 day cool-off period at which time job action can be announced. Still a total of 22 outstanding items to agree to, which is insane and shows the vast chasm between the union and management. Buckle up for May Long.
22 outstanding items. Not good at all.

Tgertzen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tgertzen »

If anyone on here is a junior YVR FO, would you be able to send me a private message please? Just a question or two for you. Thanks in advance.

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

Tgertzen wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:49 am If anyone on here is a junior YVR FO, would you be able to send me a private message please? Just a question or two for you. Thanks in advance.
"Junior" as a YVR FO will still be 6 years in! At that point you would *almost* be off reserve and be able to hold a block. :shock:

Return to “WestJet”