YYZ Fall VFR

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AdonisC
Rank 0
Rank 0

YYZ Fall VFR

Post by AdonisC »

Got the call for VFR training YYZ starting in December.

Anyone else?
---------- ADS -----------

TransplantPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YYZ Fall VFR

Post by TransplantPilot »

Congrats!

Would you mind sharing your timeline, or at least when you completed the bootcamp / interview? Thanks.

AdonisC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AdonisC »

TransplantPilot wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:15 am Congrats!

Would you mind sharing your timeline, or at least when you completed the bootcamp / interview? Thanks.

Originally applied in 2018, kept the application open when asked in March 2020, then... covid.
June 2022 - Invited to FEAST
July 2022 - online interview
August 2022 - in-person panel interview / bootcamp
April 2023 - VFR offer

TransplantPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TransplantPilot »

Wow, can't imagine how you felt getting that call after 5 years. Thanks for answering.

marthacleary63
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marthacleary63 »

Massive Congrats!!!
Very random but…..
May i ask about the number that called? I missed a call from a + 519 number today and am now scared It was them and I missed it. I doubt it but you know, Just being wildly optimistic over here haha since I have a similar timeline!

Last edited by marthacleary63 on Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdonisC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AdonisC »

marthacleary63 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:34 pm Massive Congrats!!!
Very random but…..
May i ask about the number that called? I missed a call from a + 519 number today and am now scared It was them and I missed it. I doubt it but you know, Just being wildly optimistic over here haha since I have a similar timeline!
They would have left you a voicemail if it was

guanin2999
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by guanin2999 »

Can confirm about the voicemail, they called me when I was overseas for the offer. I first listened to the voicemail about 4 days after they left it, and they honored the offer.

This was for YWG however.

marthacleary63
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marthacleary63 »

Got a call yesterday for VFR YYZ in November, wondering if anyone else here will be in the same class? :)

marthacleary63
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marthacleary63 »

Oh and also yes about the voicemail.
I in my fluster yesterday deleted the voicemail with the phone number to call back and they called me back today and even said they would send an email - so to anyone out there worrying like me don’t lol they will speak to you!

AdonisC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AdonisC »

marthacleary63 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:22 pm Got a call yesterday for VFR YYZ in November, wondering if anyone else here will be in the same class? :)
Congrats!

I just got an email update moving start date to November 7!

When we get more I plan on starting a Discord group for pre study purposes if you are interested

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bb9999 »

AdonisC wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:47 am
marthacleary63 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:22 pm Got a call yesterday for VFR YYZ in November, wondering if anyone else here will be in the same class? :)
Congrats!

When we get more I plan on starting a Discord group for pre study purposes if you are interested
https://discord.gg/VR8CSqt9

One already exists if you are interested. Not very active unless someone has a question though.

I would say though just go through and memorize/understand the stuff in ABC, its not too hard.

They say 40 hours but most people would say its closer to 80-100

No need to memorize anything from IATS but would still go through it for a genenral understanding. They go over the stuff you need to know from IATS in ABC. Don't spend more than 4-6 hours on IATS cause none of it will be tested. (Other than Icing I believe, which is covered in ABC)

marthacleary63
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marthacleary63 »

AdonisC wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:47 am
Congrats!

For sure!!

ZFC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ZFC »

Hi all, congrats to everyone. I also received a YYZ VFR Nov offer. Did people move to discord to chat? The link previously provided says that it's not valid or I need permission.

yyzeligible
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yyzeligible »

ZFC wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:44 am Hi all, congrats to everyone. I also received a YYZ VFR Nov offer. Did people move to discord to chat? The link previously provided says that it's not valid or I need permission.

When did you receive your offer?

ZFC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ZFC »

Applied July 2019
Feast Sept 2022
On demand interview Oct 2022
In person assessment/ATS interview Feb 2023
Offered YYZ VFR June 5th 2023

marthccl63
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by marthccl63 »

ZFC wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:44 am Hi all, congrats to everyone. I also received a YYZ VFR Nov offer. Did people move to discord to chat? The link previously provided says that it's not valid or I need permission.
Congrats, No I also got the same error!

Question for those in the course, Do you all live in YYZ? I have to move back and the rental market is SCARY lol, wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing haha

nrgxlr8tr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nrgxlr8tr »

I would suggest looking at student housing for one of the universities in the area. Look at UTM, York, Centennial. Generally speaking the landlords near colleges are scummier than the ones near universities. You can look for sublets where people let for 4-8 months at a time, usually beginning on January, May, and September. In the event you get CTd this would also limit the financial aspect of being binded to a year+ lease (and keep in mind you would be out of salary too).

Last edited by nrgxlr8tr on Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Trig »

Also starting in Nov at YYZ. Can start a discord group if everyone's interested for the people specifically training this fall.

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bb9999 »

Trig wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:24 pm Also starting in Nov at YYZ. Can start a discord group if everyone's interested for the people specifically training this fall.
Someone on reddit made one last year

https://discord.gg/7TPj5PEJ

EM0402
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by EM0402 »

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the late entrance but can anyone send the updated discord link? The one here has expired.
I will also be starting YYZ VFR in November.

Looking forward to speaking with everyone!

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”