Jazz pilots moving to Porter - E2

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Timetoflyagain
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Jazz pilots moving to Porter - E2

Post by Timetoflyagain »

..unfortunately the 6 month wait for any “other” airline travel seems to be pretty standard across all airlines. One nice thing is that once you have, I believe, 15 years service, you’re good for lifetime staff travel at Porter. That’s helping the decision for some coming who are a bit older.
---------- ADS -----------

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

clrdleftbase wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:09 pm
CaptDukeNukem wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:54 pm

No, you get reciprocal jumpseat passes on day 1. Your family cannot travel on WJ till 6 months. No family passes on AC, cuz well… historically AC and porter haven’t gotten along
Unless this has changed in the last few days (or maybe it's different for the E2), you have to wait 6 months for reciprocal jumpseat on all other airlines, including AC and Transat (although you can apply for early access to commute to and from your base only). The only jumpseat you get day 1 is on Porter.

Fingers crossed that this policy changes soon though.
You get RJP on day 1, mostly for commuting purposes. There’s been emails sent about this. You may be confusing RJP with interline agreements.

This used to be the case, but if you talk to the HR people and chief pilots and say you’re commuting they will get you RJP on day 1. I’m sure they don’t track where you commute from. That’s also none of their business. So it doesn’t need to be specific city pairs

carnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by carnie »

Wrong.... Look at the FOAG

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

carnie wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:32 pm Wrong.... Look at the FOAG
Again, I said… emails have been sent regarding this. Not updated in the FOAG. Speak to your chief pilots…. Bulletins have been issues. Maybe try reading them.

Last edited by CaptDukeNukem on Mon May 01, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by carnie »

You seem to be the authority on everything POE after being here all of 6 months judging from all your posts. Perhaps it's not the best idea to post company communications for the general public to consume.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

carnie wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:19 pm You seem to be the authority on everything POE after being here all of 6 months judging from all your posts. Perhaps it's not the best idea to post company communications for the general public to consume.
Good call. Post deleted. Read your bulletins.

clrdleftbase
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by clrdleftbase »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:08 pm
CaptDukeNukem wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:54 pm

No, you get reciprocal jumpseat passes on day 1. Your family cannot travel on WJ till 6 months. No family passes on AC, cuz well… historically AC and porter haven’t gotten along
Unless this has changed in the last few days (or maybe it's different for the E2), you have to wait 6 months for reciprocal jumpseat on all other airlines, including AC and Transat (although you can apply for early access to commute to and from your base only). The only jumpseat you get day 1 is on Porter.

You get RJP on day 1, mostly for commuting purposes. There’s been emails sent about this. You may be confusing RJP with interline agreements.

This used to be the case, but if you talk to the HR people and chief pilots and say you’re commuting they will get you RJP on day 1. I’m sure they don’t track where you commute from. That’s also none of their business. So it doesn’t need to be specific city pairs
So I re-read the bulletins. I can't find a bulletin that mentions this, all still indicate a 6 month wait for RJP. In fact, the most recent FOAG already incorporates most of the recent bulletins including the most recent one about RJP on other carriers.

Yes you can apply for early access to commute as we've both mentioned, but officially at least its still 6 months. I think this will have to change moving forward to be competitive with other carriers (all of which get RJP officially on day 1 I believe?), but we'll see what happens.

Again, maybe it's different for the E2 if you're on that side of the operation. But for the Q at least, on paper, it's a wait. I don't even have access to MyID yet, and neither do my classmates from back in initial, many of which commute.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

clrdleftbase wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:14 pm
CaptDukeNukem wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:08 pm

So I re-read the bulletins. I can't find a bulletin that mentions this, all still indicate a 6 month wait for RJP. In fact, the most recent FOAG already incorporates most of the recent bulletins including the most recent one about RJP on other carriers.

Yes you can apply for early access to commute as we've both mentioned, but officially at least its still 6 months. I think this will have to change moving forward to be competitive with other carriers (all of which get RJP officially on day 1 I believe?), but we'll see what happens.

Again, maybe it's different for the E2 if you're on that side of the operation. But for the Q at least, on paper, it's a wait. I don't even have access to MyID yet, and neither do my classmates from back in initial, many of which commute.
Interesting,

The bulletin is dated 9th November 2022. It has no mention of E2 only. I do know that you must request approval via CP or HR. Also, you need to have filled out the staff travel form.

And yes this is the “early access” portion I’m talking about

I suggest contacting your CP or base supervisor and inquiring about this.

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

The early access can be obtained quite easily. Fill out a quick form and they’ll get the extra access added as quick as possible. The 6 month limit revolves around being given early access to myidtravel in order to book jumpseats on AC, WJ, Flair, etc. This would also give potential access to interline standby (zed). All the Zed agreements have the 6 month service requirement and so it opens the window for misuse of those agreements and jeopardizes them.

The early access is for commuters. They do have a list of people people with early access and will monitor activity to make sure the standby agreements are protected.

Return to “Porter Airlines”