Is JerryRig Right?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.

Is JerryRig right?

Yes, he sees what most people don't.
40%
His ideas seem plausible, but I'm not sure.
6%
He is a f***ing nut case.
54%

Total votes: 90

Reinhard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Is JerryRig Right?

Post by Reinhard »

Hey

So basically I'm just not gonna take it (the vaccine!!)

UGH I know....... I know... I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just that I'm not taking it is all

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
---------- ADS -----------

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

7ECA wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:45 pm If, for whatever reason, you use duck duck go as Jerry seems to infer will show the truth as to the definition of a vaccine...
A preparation of a weakened or killed pathogen, such as a bacterium or virus, or of a portion of the pathogen's structure that upon administration to an individual stimulates antibody production or cellular immunity against the pathogen but is incapable of causing severe infection.
From there, you have results from Merriam-Webster, Brittanica, Dictionary Cambridge, WHO, CDC, etc.

Gosh, seems like pretty mainstream results to me. Actually, it's the same results you get with Google. :roll:
Your quote is correct. But the c19 mRNA is not that. If you searched how mRNA works you will discover this. It’s never been used on humans before and it failed the animal tests. It is neither safe nor effective. In addition to that, many may have been administered saline placebo as this is a human trial phase.

dontcallmeshirley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dontcallmeshirley »

JerryRig wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:42 am Your quote is correct. But the c19 mRNA is not that. If you searched how mRNA works you will discover this. It’s never been used on humans before and it failed the animal tests. It is neither safe nor effective. In addition to that, many may have been administered saline placebo as this is a human trial phase.
You have made a claim without any sources or evidence.

I counter your argument with the following quotes and links to reputable sources.
The vaccine is safe and effective for all individuals aged 6 months and above.
World Health Organization
The mRNA-1273 vaccine showed 94.1% efficacy at preventing Covid-19 illness, including severe disease. Aside from transient local and systemic reactions, no safety concerns were identified.
New England Journal of Medicine
A two-dose regimen of BNT162b2 conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines.
National Library of Medicine
Clinical trials showed that beginning 2 weeks after the second dose, the Moderna Spikevax® COVID vaccine was:
  • 94.1% effective in protecting trial participants aged 18 and above against COVID-19
  • 100% effective in trial participants 12 to 17 years old
  • as effective in trial participants 6 to 11 years old as in young adults (18 to 25 years old)
Health Canada
Yes. The two mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), are very safe and very good at preventing serious or fatal cases of COVID-19. The risk of serious side effects associated with these vaccines is very small.
Johns Hopkins Medicine

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

JerryRig wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:42 am
7ECA wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:45 pm If, for whatever reason, you use duck duck go as Jerry seems to infer will show the truth as to the definition of a vaccine...
A preparation of a weakened or killed pathogen, such as a bacterium or virus, or of a portion of the pathogen's structure that upon administration to an individual stimulates antibody production or cellular immunity against the pathogen but is incapable of causing severe infection.
From there, you have results from Merriam-Webster, Brittanica, Dictionary Cambridge, WHO, CDC, etc.

Gosh, seems like pretty mainstream results to me. Actually, it's the same results you get with Google. :roll:
It’s never been used on humans before
More of your bullshit. A 1 second Duck Duck Go search, since you don't believe google, turns up this:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/89998

Never Been Done Before?

That's not completely true. While an mRNA vaccine has never been on the market anywhere in the world, mRNA vaccines have been tested in humans before, for at least four infectious diseases: rabies, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and Zika.

In 2017, German biotech CureVac published results in The Lancet for a phase I trial of its mRNA rabies vaccine, and in January of this year the company issued results via press release from a phase I trial of its low-dose rabies mRNA vaccine.

Last year, Moderna and German researchers published the phase I results of two mRNA vaccines against influenza. In January, Moderna announced results of its phase I study of an mRNA vaccine against cytomegalovirus, and just this past April as the pandemic raged, the company reported interim data from its mRNA vaccine against Zika.

That's just the first of your claims I felt bored enough to look into. Nothing you post has any credibility.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:23 pm
JerryRig wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:42 am

It’s never been used on humans before
More of your bullshit. A 1 second Duck Duck Go search, since you don't believe google, turns up this:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/89998

Never Been Done Before?

That's not completely true. While an mRNA vaccine has never been on the market anywhere in the world, mRNA vaccines have been tested in humans before, for at least four infectious diseases: rabies, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and Zika.

In 2017, German biotech CureVac published results in The Lancet for a phase I trial of its mRNA rabies vaccine, and in January of this year the company issued results via press release from a phase I trial of its low-dose rabies mRNA vaccine.

Last year, Moderna and German researchers published the phase I results of two mRNA vaccines against influenza. In January, Moderna announced results of its phase I study of an mRNA vaccine against cytomegalovirus, and just this past April as the pandemic raged, the company reported interim data from its mRNA vaccine against Zika.

That's just the first of your claims I felt bored enough to look into. Nothing you post has any credibility.
On that note.....

You know what a Phase 1 trial means, don't you?

Didn't think so.

I do.

Phase 1 is about a billion years from the endpoint of a thorough drug testing regime. Or even the midpoint.

Do Carry on.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:56 pm
On that note.....

Didn't think so.

I do.

Phase 1 is about a billion years from the endpoint of a thorough drug testing regime. Or even the midpoint.

Do Carry on.
I do know that. The statement made by JerryRig was that mRNA vaccines have never been tested on humans. I answered that question. Yes, they have been tested on humans. The article I posted was written in December of 2020, and much more testing of mRNA vaccines has been conducted since then.

It's cool how you make nonsense assumptions about people, ask rhetorical questions and answer them yourself, though. Do carry on.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:11 pm
On that note.....

Didn't think so.

I do.

Do Carry on.
I do know that. The statement made by JerryRig was that mRNA vaccines have never been tested on humans. I answered that question. Yes, they have been tested on humans. The article I posted was written in December of 2020, and much more testing of mRNA vaccines has been conducted since then.

It's cool how you make nonsense assumptions about people, ask rhetorical questions and answer them yourself, though. Do carry on.
I don’t dispute the testing that has gone on from 2020 until today. I am only talking about pre covid.

I struggle to put “phase one trial” and “rigorously tested on humans” in the same coherent sentence.

Therefore, I assumed you did not understand what a phase 1 trial is, and why there are normally far more extensive phase 2 and then, another order of magnitude— more extensive phase 3 trials that follow, all before a new drug is put up for approval by the FDA.

Referring to a small phase 1 trial by a no name drug company as “fully tested on humans” is a joke. There are tons of those that go on all the time. Most fail and never make it to phase 3.

Are we done?

Stop digging.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:16 pm
On that note.....

Didn't think so.

I do.

Do Carry on.

I don’t dispute the testing that has gone on from 2020 until today. I am only talking about pre covid.

I struggle to put “phase one trial” and “rigorously tested on humans” in the same coherent sentence.

Therefore, I assumed you did not understand what a phase 1 trial is, and why there are normally far more extensive phase 2 and then, another order of magnitude— more extensive phase 3 trials that follow, all before a new drug is put up for approval by the FDA.

Referring to a small phase 1 trial by a no name drug company as “fully tested on humans” is a joke. There are tons of those that go on all the time. Most fail and never make it to phase 3.

Are we done?

Stop digging.
Honestly I think you have a reading disability. JerryRig did not say fully tested on humans. Neither did I. You have to read all the words and not make up your own.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:08 pm

Are we done?

Stop digging.
Honestly I think you have a reading disability. JerryRig did not say fully tested on humans. Neither did I. You have to read all the words and not make up your own.
If not “fully tested” what is it? Experimental. That is what phase 1 trials are.

There’s then therefore absolutely no point in saying “tested” at all.

And first one with the personal insults — loses the argument.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:12 pm

Are we done?

Stop digging.
If not “fully tested” what is it? Experimental. That is what phase 1 trials are.

Fair point. I apologize. Now I’ll watch the Leafs first second round game in 19 years.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:32 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:12 pm

Fair point. I apologize. Now I’ll watch the Leafs first second round game in 19 years.
With you. All good.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

dontcallmeshirley wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:17 pm
JerryRig wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:42 am Your quote is correct. But the c19 mRNA is not that. If you searched how mRNA works you will discover this. It’s never been used on humans before and it failed the animal tests. It is neither safe nor effective. In addition to that, many may have been administered saline placebo as this is a human trial phase.
You have made a claim without any sources or evidence.

I counter your argument with the following quotes and links to reputable sources.
The vaccine is safe and effective for all individuals aged 6 months and above.
World Health Organization
The mRNA-1273 vaccine showed 94.1% efficacy at preventing Covid-19 illness, including severe disease. Aside from transient local and systemic reactions, no safety concerns were identified.
New England Journal of Medicine
A two-dose regimen of BNT162b2 conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines.
National Library of Medicine
Clinical trials showed that beginning 2 weeks after the second dose, the Moderna Spikevax® COVID vaccine was:
  • 94.1% effective in protecting trial participants aged 18 and above against COVID-19
  • 100% effective in trial participants 12 to 17 years old
  • as effective in trial participants 6 to 11 years old as in young adults (18 to 25 years old)
Health Canada
Yes. The two mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), are very safe and very good at preventing serious or fatal cases of COVID-19. The risk of serious side effects associated with these vaccines is very small.
Johns Hopkins Medicine
Most of those aren't evidence. And the ones that could be considered evidence are spotty at best.

Health canada and WHO telling people to get vaccinated and that they are effective is part of the problem.

Anything claiming the vaccines were 100% effective should have been written off as a garbage study right away.

The way you classify Jerry's claims as not having evidence certainly applies to some of the above quotes. WHO "the vaccines are safe and effective". That carries no weight on its face. Just cause the WHO said it doesnt make it true and doesn't make it evidence.

dontcallmeshirley
Rank 4
Rank 4

khedrei wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:02 pm Most of those aren't evidence. And the ones that could be considered evidence are spotty at best.

Health canada and WHO telling people to get vaccinated and that they are effective is part of the problem.

Anything claiming the vaccines were 100% effective should have been written off as a garbage study right away.

The way you classify Jerry's claims as not having evidence certainly applies to some of the above quotes. WHO "the vaccines are safe and effective". That carries no weight on its face. Just cause the WHO said it doesnt make it true and doesn't make it evidence.
I quoted authorities on the matter and provided links to the source. Just because you don't like the source does not automatically mean that their argument is incorrect.

A wise woman once told me, "Stupidity is like death; it only affects those around you."

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

I suggest everybody get up to date on the testimony of credible witnesses under oath and hear for yourselves.

https://nationalcitizensinquiry.ca
https://nationalcitizensinquiry.ca/nci-live/

CortoMaltese
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CortoMaltese »

JerryRig wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:14 pm I suggest everybody get up to date on the testimony of credible witnesses under oath and hear for yourselves.

I'm sure TG and the likes will say those credible witnesses are not credible!
The problem is not that we don't have access to the truth. It's that most people don't want to hear it.

dontcallmeshirley
Rank 4
Rank 4

JerryRig wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:14 pm I suggest everybody get up to date on the testimony of credible witnesses under oath and hear for yourselves.

An accountant and a politician, neither of which have any formal education in medicine, virology, or any science.

Tell me how your one source is more reputable than the five sources of medical professionals I quoted?

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

CortoMaltese wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:00 am

I'm sure TG and the likes will say those credible witnesses are not credible!
The problem is not that we don't have access to the truth. It's that most people don't want to hear it.
You are correct. Cognitive Dissonance is a bitch.

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

dontcallmeshirley wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:08 am

An accountant and a politician, neither of which have any formal education in medicine, virology, or any science.

Tell me how your one source is more reputable than the five sources of medical professionals I quoted?
These are real people giving real first hand testimony…an affidavit if you will, of the affects or of contradictions to the validation of the mandates and lockdowns, highlighting the harms and treaspass and evidence of treason. The point is what happened was wrong on so many levels but a cloud of blindness has descended on much of the worlds population.

dontcallmeshirley
Rank 4
Rank 4

JerryRig wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:14 am These are real people giving real first hand testimony…an affidavit if you will, of the affects or of contradictions to the validation of the mandates and lockdowns, highlighting the harms and treaspass and evidence of treason. The point is what happened was wrong on so many levels but a cloud of blindness has descended on much of the worlds population.
What this thread comes down to is "if you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG4hOjJ9tEs

Return to “Covid”