Does the Former MEC Chair smoke crack?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Does the Former MEC Chair smoke crack?

Post by Fanblade »

Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:24 pm Don't worry....I'll be up at my cottage in Muskoka, I won't spend a minute worrying about the train wreck that's about to occur.
Has it ever occurred to you to evaluate why you believe the Air Canada pilots are incapable of acting like a real union. To do so will be a train wreck. Yes 2012 was a train wreck. But 1998 wasn’t. 2000 wasn’t. Unions all over this country stand up without becoming train wrecks all the time. Yet you believe we are incapable for some reason.

Is it that you believe Air Canada pilots are incompetent or that Air Canada management is some sort of superpower that no one can stand up to? Maybe you think government is corrupt. The fix is in. They are in bed with company?

None of those perceptions are correct. Some may have happened at one point or another but they are not permanent obstacles. Governments change. Courts make rulings. Unions re-evaluate and regroup.

But for some reason ACPA was stuck in. We can’t. The membership just said well if you can’t? We will find someone who can.
---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Maybe he can opt out and waive any upcoming improvements. Should still have an easy time staying at his parent's cottage.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Fanblade wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:41 am
Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:24 pm Don't worry....I'll be up at my cottage in Muskoka, I won't spend a minute worrying about the train wreck that's about to occur.
Has it ever occurred to you to evaluate why you believe the Air Canada pilots are incapable of acting like a real union. To do so will be a train wreck. Yes 2012 was a train wreck. But 1998 wasn’t. 2000 wasn’t. Unions all over this country stand up without becoming train wrecks all the time. Yet you believe we are incapable for some reason.

Is it that you believe Air Canada pilots are incompetent or that Air Canada management is some sort of superpower that no one can stand up to? Maybe you think government is corrupt. The fix is in. They are in bed with company?

None of those perceptions are correct. Some may have happened at one point or another but they are not permanent obstacles. Governments change. Courts make rulings. Unions re-evaluate and regroup.

But for some reason ACPA was stuck in. We can’t. The membership just said well if you can’t? We will find someone who can.
Guys like Kaffee are Management hacks. Either that, or they are defeated, and dead weight moving forward. Both are traitors to the profession, traitors to unity. A liability. They thrive on lowering expectations so the "boat isn't rocked". One must wonder why they entered the profession in the first place if their goal was to "strip mine" the contract for their own benefit, and leave it lesser than when they found it. They have shown ZERO respect for the decades of professional dedication and sacrifice that former pilots from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's have done to create what they have done so much damage to in so little time. Our predecessors work is in tatters, and our infamous "group of 27" and their ilk are -fully responsible-.

There is no small number of shills and "defeated" senior pilots on this forum. There were at least 600 who voted in favor of ACPA's treasonous and concessionary performance over the last two decades, and are perfectly happy to remain at the bottom of the remuneration pile. BEWARE. Their goal is to suppress your drive for better, and convince you to accept that the "avalanche-like slide" of our wages and working conditions is normal and proper.

A comparator file will be released shortly making it crystal clear how far we have allowed our WACON to slide over the last 20 years and how far behind our Star Alliance partners we have fallen. It had better wake everyone up to the responsibility enshrined in the profession and the respect we owe to those who made this profession what it was over decades of sacrifice.

Our job is to right the ship, and get it back on course. Get ready to go to work to make that happen, or stay out of the way.

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

RippleRock wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:50 am

Guys like Kaffee are Management hacks. Either that, or they are defeated, and dead weight moving forward. Both are traitors to the profession, traitors to unity. A liability. They thrive on lowering expectations so the "boat isn't rocked". One must wonder why they entered the profession in the first place if their goal was to "strip mine" the contract for their own benefit, and leave it lesser than when they found it. They have shown ZERO respect for the decades of professional dedication and sacrifice that former pilots from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's have done to create what they have done so much damage to in so little time. Our predecessors work is in tatters, and our infamous "group of 27" and their ilk are -fully responsible-.

There is no small number of shills and "defeated" senior pilots on this forum. There were at least 600 who voted in favor of ACPA's treasonous and concessionary performance over the last two decades, and are perfectly happy to remain at the bottom of the remuneration pile. BEWARE. Their goal is to suppress your drive for better, and convince you to accept that the "avalanche-like slide" of our wages and working conditions is normal and proper.

A comparator file will be released shortly making it crystal clear how far we have allowed our WACON to slide over the last 20 years and how far behind our Star Alliance partners we have fallen. It had better wake everyone up to the responsibility enshrined in the profession and the respect we owe to those who made this profession what it was over decades of sacrifice.

Our job is to right the ship, and get it back on course. Get ready to go to work to make that happen, or stay out of the way.

Amen

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

RippleRock wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:50 am

Sadly the 600 aren’t just senior pilots, a good portion of those are spread out across the seniority spectrum. I’ve flown with some.

Return to “Air Canada”