Pilot Shirts

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Commonwealth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pilot Shirts

Post by Commonwealth »

What is everyone doing? A Cut Above wants 100 USD to ship two shirts to Canada. Ya-no!
---------- ADS -----------

Admiral Benson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Pilot Shirts

Post by Admiral Benson »

Was an A Cut Above customer for a long time but like you I bailed last year due to crazy costs.

https://flightuniform.com

This was my solution. (found it through that funny video that was going around)

only Issue is the eyelet hole for the wings is just above the pocket (The American standard)

I've just been wearing my wings the American way for over a year and not a single person has noticed.

Fit is great and cost was good when I purchased (end of 2021)

AB

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

So, where do Canadians wear their wings then? I wasn't aware there were regional differences. You'll have to forgive my ignorance: I've only been flying for 30 years.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

All the pilots at my current company wear them on the actual pocket. I thought it was a company thing because one told me “its more comfortable, cause it can’t poke you” yeah but its floppy. I was CF if briefly. We had standards on where to wear them and it’s definitely above the pocket.

Admiral Benson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Admiral Benson »

Everyone in Canada that I've seen wears them ON the pocket. However, the majority of U.S pilots wear them above the pocket.

kilocharliemike
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kilocharliemike »

I believe you can get a cut above from aviation world YYZ, in the old strip club building, not that I ever went there…

renelevesque
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by renelevesque »

Last edited by renelevesque on Sun May 28, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by highspeed »

So where do you guys go now?

Asking for a friend.

172DDriver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 172DDriver »

Av world at yyz still has a cut above for relatively cheap. I think I paid $45 a shirt two months ago. Might have changed by now.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Admiral Benson wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:03 pm Was an A Cut Above customer for a long time but like you I bailed last year due to crazy costs.

only Issue is the eyelet hole for the wings is just above the pocket (The American standard)

I've just been wearing my wings the American way for over a year and not a single person has noticed.

AB

A word of warning against this brand. THEY WON"T ACCEPT RETURNS FROM CANADA

The "athletic fit" is for massive people. You could literally fit two people inside this thing. It's like a pair of "fundies" with epaulettes.
The "slim fit" is for sub 100 lb anorexic people. I look like 20 lbs of crap in a 10 lb bag trying to do up the buttons. And they refuse to accept returns from Canada.

To top it all off, they are $65 USD shipped to you! So basically $100 CAD per shirt.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

co-joe wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:28 pm
Admiral Benson wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:03 pm Was an A Cut Above customer for a long time but like you I bailed last year due to crazy costs.

AB

A word of warning against this brand. THEY WON"T ACCEPT RETURNS FROM CANADA

The "athletic fit" is for massive people. You could literally fit two people inside this thing. It's like a pair of "fundies" with epaulettes.
The "slim fit" is for sub 100 lb anorexic people. I look like 20 lbs of crap in a 10 lb bag trying to do up the buttons. And they refuse to accept returns from Canada.

To top it all off, they are $65 USD shipped to you! So basically $100 CAD per shirt.
They do accept returns but you have to cover the shipping back to them. I have a few of their shirts. They are awesome shirts but I agree the fit could be a bit better. I'd like somewhere in between a slim small and medium. Nevertheless the small still fits me and I am not a 100lb anorexic. I did contact them about doing something about their shipping costs to Canada and they said they were working on it, if that helps. I love the lightweight stretchy fabric but definitely not price friendly. Great for summer and very comfy.

Return to “General Comments”