International Rotations

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Beechball
Rank 4
Rank 4

International Rotations

Post by Beechball »

Hi People,

Does anyone have any leads on Canadian or foreign companies offering Canadians to fly anything, anywhere but on a rotation basis?

4 On- 4 Off.

6 On - 3 Off. Something of that nature. I'm not talking contracting. I'm talking 'Employee' status...

Commute back and forth is covered. Recurrents and Medicals covered etc....

It used to be a great thing in the early 2000's. Execujet Middle East etc.....

Is this still possible?

Any leads appreciated.

Newly unemployed and more Challenger time than you can shake a stick at!

TCCA & FAA

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: International Rotations

Post by Loading... »

Its not corperate, but you should look into Voyauger. And with alot of CL65 time im sure you'll go straight to the left seat. 8 weeks on, 8 weeks off. And you get to live anywhere in the world. The pay is very good as well.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Loading... wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:32 pm Its not corperate, but you should look into Voyauger. And with alot of CL65 time im sure you'll go straight to the left seat. 8 weeks on, 8 weeks off. And you get to live anywhere in the world. The pay is very good as well.
They must have bumped their salary pretty good lately if you say so (Just curious about it, not saying that ironically)

Toddex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Toddex »

Sadly no. Last year they bumps wages by 0.5-1% across the board. The pay is not very good.

Overseas CRJ contracts require 1250 on type with at least 750PIC on type to hold left. Challenger is a different type rating than the CL65.

Canadaflyer46
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Canadaflyer46 »

There are North Korean prison camps I’d be moving to before I considered Voyageur in 2023.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Loading... wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:32 pm Its not corperate, but you should look into Voyauger. And with alot of CL65 time im sure you'll go straight to the left seat. 8 weeks on, 8 weeks off. And you get to live anywhere in the world. The pay is very good as well.
🤦‍♂️ :roll:
Canadian pilot mentality served up on a silver platter right here folks.

“Oh boy yessum masta, anyting ya wan mo masta?”

Crewbunk
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Crewbunk »

I’m not sure if it still exists, but pre-Covid, pilot placement companies were looking for experienced pilots to fly in Asia. We used to get brochures and offers in our mail slots at work.

I recall one offer was that the pilot flew a 15 day pairing, starting in any North American city to the airlines home base, to fly your butt off for 13 days, hotels/meals paid, then bring you home on the 15th day. You did that 12 times over 12 months for about $300K US.

One of the pilot placement companies was Parc Aviation. Are they still around? Maybe a good place to start looking.

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

PARC is still around, now owned by CAE. Good contracts to be had.

Beechball
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Beechball »

Thanks for your replies so far folks...

I'm a little too old to do the 'roomate' thing now with Voyageur. Rotation is fine, I think it would be a problem with the living arrangements.

As for Park. Yeah, I've heard of them... Everything I've seen from them though has typically been "EASA license" required.

I'm TCCA & FAA but no EASA (yet, anyways....).

They also need time on transport over 100 000 lbs for any airline placements.

No can do. Been on Challengers my whole career. Would definitely welcome a change though!

Keep it coming guys. Much appreciated.

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

flap30
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flap30 »

Sounds like you're very experienced in the Corporate world with all that Challenger time. I don't think anyone can suggest anything that you don't already know. Bizjet.com is the best site for this, but to your disadvantage most Middle East - Asia jobs are looking for typed Global or Gulfstream time. Once you're hired by TAG or Jet Aviation your recurrent is paid by them. The trick is being typed to get in. It seems like these type of rotational jobs are being offered by these two companies. Truthfully the rotations on not the best on a heavy biz jet. Try Uganda Airways. You could be scratching your head as to why I suggested this. I remember at one point in my life I came across a pilot who was typed on a Challenger who ended up there since Uganda had CRJ's. Is your type good enough to fly a CRJ? Maybe with a differences course? I know its not corporate but maybe you can work out a rotation and make a lot of USD cash. I could be mistaken about the type rating. If I see something of interest I will let you know.
My pal is a contractor flying the 605 and falcon in the USA. Making a killing. He's gone a lot, however, raking in the cash. He recently was approached by one of clients offering him a full time job. He told the CEO he cant afford him. CEO laughed and said name your price. The CEO's was in shock when my pal told him 650,000USD. He's been doing this for three years. He will never accept a full time job again. He motioned the most desirable type to have if you fly in the USA as a contractor is the Challenger 300-350 and Global Express. I assume you cant fly in the USA as a contractor? Your type would be in demand south of the boarder but not so much overseas. I'm not saying you cant get a job overseas on a Challenger. i have seen a few but mostly heavy biz jet stuff. Once again Bizjet.com. Its a pay for play website. Not expensive. Something like 100.00 for 12 months.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Challenger and RJ are two different types.
I know of a guy that is contracting down in the states. Making huge bucks. I think he has set up a Canadian company (one man show) which in turn provides a contract pilot (himself) to US operators and this is how he gets past the "right to work " issues. Not sure how it works but would love to explore it further.

Beechball
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Beechball »

He motioned the most desirable type to have if you fly in the USA as a contractor is the Challenger 300-350 and Global Express. I assume you cant fly in the USA as a contractor? Your type would be in demand south of the boarder but not so much overseas.

Actually, FAA current on the 300/350 until January. TCCA currency expired. Just not sure how the USA contracting thing works legally for a Canadian with no USA Visa or "Right To Work". Just airlining to & from my N-Registered airplane with my latest employer raised a few eyebrows when going through Customs on airline positioning flights. Never was denied but always some explaining to do....

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

What is “very good pay” in your opinion?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Canadaflyer46 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:13 pm There are North Korean prison camps I’d be moving to before I considered Voyageur in 2023.
😂

Return to “Corporate”