TA Vote

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

How will the TA voting go?

Yes 85-100%
14%
Yes 65-84%
58%
Yes 50-64%
15%
No 50-64%
10%
No 65-84%
No votes
No 85-100%
3%

Total votes: 59

gswartz
Rank 1
Rank 1

TA Vote

Post by gswartz »

It would be helpful if only legitimate WJ pilots eligible to vote would complete this poll, but of course it's open to anyone on the internet :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: TA Vote

Post by cdnavater »

gswartz wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:08 pm It would be helpful if only legitimate WJ pilots eligible to vote would complete this poll, but of course it's open to anyone on the internet :rolleyes:
Oops, voted before reading your post, poll seemed straight forward, what do I win if I’m right:)-
You can remove 1 vote from 64-84(?)

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

To put my 2 cents in, admittedly not as a WJ pilot but as one familiar with unions and the industry, (And nonIndidnt vote here.) I would predict this passes by about 65-70%. Part of the MEC's mandate is to cultivate and accept an offer that they believe, correctly, is good enough for the members they represent to accept. It would be nice to get the best possible outcome, and this falls slightly short of that, but it's still a vast improvement with a lot of work put into it. Would I like to see at least another 10%, especially on the junior end? Certainly, but the vote will speak on that. Maybe if AC does the unexpected and skyrockets wages, an amazing thing could happen the next time around- a reverse whipsaw focused on recruitment and retention!

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

gswartz wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:08 pm It would be helpful if only legitimate WJ pilots eligible to vote would complete this poll, but of course it's open to anyone on the internet :rolleyes:
You should put a lightning rod option in polls if you want to achieve that. Something like 'i am a super awesome pilot who wants to vote on this poll but doesn't work at westjet'

Forum uses always vote on polls if they see one. It's geek nature.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “WestJet”