767 QOL

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tupues
Rank 1
Rank 1

767 QOL

Post by tupues »

Hello all,

Reading through the many posts about fleet/QOL/bidding people rarely talk about the 767. Could someone chime in on the QOL and the pros and cons on the 767 with regards to base and schedule/pairings. How does it compare the to the other WB fleets?

Cheers,

Tom
---------- ADS -----------

dontcallmeshirley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: 767 QOL

Post by dontcallmeshirley »

tupues wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:13 pm Hello all,

Reading through the many posts about fleet/QOL/bidding people rarely talk about the 767. Could someone chime in on the QOL and the pros and cons on the 767 with regards to base and schedule/pairings. How does it compare the to the other WB fleets?

Cheers,

Tom
Some people quantify QoL by number of days off. If you get the 767, you will have months off before doing any work.

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

Freight doesn't care as much if you're late. Often times flights are hours if not days late. Hope you don't like your family.

If you're a bat, good news lots of night flying.

Some guys are making a tonne of money with the 8 day pairings all dropping into G Days, but 8 days away is a long time for many.

If you're single, no commitments and like flying to cool destinations it may be a good spot.

For those with families it can be pretty tough.

We have more airplanes coming. Once they arrive hopefully the schedule becomes more stable.

noreasterYHZ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by noreasterYHZ »

And of course there is the sweet 10% discount ACPA negotiated with its industry leading "capture the flying" strategy

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

ZBBYLW wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:20 am Freight doesn't care as much if you're late. Often times flights are hours if not days late.
This must be an AC thing. I've never had more importance placed on OTP than when I used to be a freight dog. Flights were rarely late, and days worth of delays was not a thing at all.

Stopcallingmeshirley
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stopcallingmeshirley »

QOL on the 67 has improved drastically since the new year. At least now they have gaps and realistic turn times built into the schedule to be able to absorb most delays. Peviously it would take several days to recover when an aircraft went AOG. Thankfully the 8 day pairings are gone, they have been reduced to 5 days. There are lots of DH's in the pairings. Hopefully that will subside with time. I'm a commuter, it has worked well for me. 14 days worked last month, 12 days on this month.

It's definitely a different operation than the passenger side. It reminds me a lot of my charter days where one has to manage several other aspects to the operation with minimal support. I don't mind it, some hate, depends what you prefer.

Last edited by Stopcallingmeshirley on Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
airbussy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by airbussy »

It's a growing fleet so it's hard to know what it will end up being.

That said, cargo flying is inherently unproductive. There's a reason CargoJet pilots have something like an 80 or 85 hour monthly guarantee but only fly 60 hours ish. Their company knows and acknowledges that the flying is unproductive.

The route structure is not mature, there's no bunk for crew rest. There's been talk of a pod, but nothing yet. No coffee maker (thanks McKay) and there is no cap on days worked. At least with the WB flying even without a cap you can often keep it under 15 days. It's an "NB" for the company in some ways but at the same time no NB max 16 days. But with the unproductivity, enjoy sitting in Quito for 72 hours and working 19 days a month plus 2 days of SIM.

It's good to hear you're getting your month down (poster above me) and seeing some lower days worked. I hope it trends in that direction more.

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

airbussy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:39 pm It's a growing fleet so it's hard to know what it will end up being.

That said, cargo flying is inherently unproductive. There's a reason CargoJet pilots have something like an 80 or 85 hour monthly guarantee but only fly 60 hours ish. Their company knows and acknowledges that the flying is unproductive.

The route structure is not mature, there's no bunk for crew rest. There's been talk of a pod, but nothing yet. No coffee maker (thanks McKay) and there is no cap on days worked. At least with the WB flying even without a cap you can often keep it under 15 days. It's an "NB" for the company in some ways but at the same time no NB max 16 days. But with the unproductivity, enjoy sitting in Quito for 72 hours and working 19 days a month plus 2 days of SIM.

It's good to hear you're getting your month down (poster above me) and seeing some lower days worked. I hope it trends in that direction more.
All that for 4% more than the 737/320 rates. About $800 a month before taxes for a top scale CA at 80hrs.

Thanks ACPA.

Return to “Air Canada”