Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: The government push to lower wages.

Post by JHR »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:36 am
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:32 am
JHR wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:32 am Rumour has it that when the Cargojet retention bonus is paid this summer, half of that company is headed back to India
Wonder what AJs response will be to the people he thought he could bring over to help support his quest for lowering costs.

Word is, there may be another retention bonus coming up.
Smart...bonuses are never guaranteed in future years where as a pay raise for retention and attraction is harder to take away.
---------- ADS -----------

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

Rishworth.com
Longreachaviation.com
Iacglobal.com

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

‘Bob’ wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:55 am
Chelsea Handler wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:54 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6851909

We saw the police plan last month... Engineers taking the first hit this month. I anticipate nurses, doctors, pilots etc will be next.

Lower the requirements and bring in mass immigration. You think it's hard to fight for better wages now? Wait until government allows foreign licence as acceptable for hire. All part of the Canadian plan to make everyone poor and dependent on the social state.

Run if you can. US visa has never looked so good to every working professional in this country.
Irony.

Your solution is the very thing you are protesting.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1

Though I'm sure they wouldn't consider themselves an "immigrant" in the US... :roll:

Chelsea Handler
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chelsea Handler »

JBI wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:13 pm
‘Bob’ wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:55 am
Chelsea Handler wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:54 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6851909

We saw the police plan last month... Engineers taking the first hit this month. I anticipate nurses, doctors, pilots etc will be next.

Lower the requirements and bring in mass immigration. You think it's hard to fight for better wages now? Wait until government allows foreign licence as acceptable for hire. All part of the Canadian plan to make everyone poor and dependent on the social state.

Run if you can. US visa has never looked so good to every working professional in this country.
Irony.

Your solution is the very thing you are protesting.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1

Though I'm sure they wouldn't consider themselves an "immigrant" in the US... :roll:
US gov allows immigration to attract talent and grow their economy. CAN gov allows immigration to enslave its population with deteriorating wages. My solution is nothing to do with what I'm protesting. I'm saying go where you are valued.

10x the number of Canadians immigrate to the US each year than Americans heading north. Canada gives up these people in exchange for people who are willing to work for less. Canada doesn't have a labor shortage, we have a wage shortage and we are being gas lit.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

Chelsea Handler wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:35 am US gov allows immigration to attract talent and grow their economy. CAN gov allows immigration to enslave its population with deteriorating wages. My solution is nothing to do with what I'm protesting. I'm saying go where you are valued.

10x the number of Canadians immigrate to the US each year than Americans heading north. Canada gives up these people in exchange for people who are willing to work for less. Canada doesn't have a labor shortage, we have a wage shortage and we are being gas lit.
Experienced workers not from Canada who come to Canada for higher pay and a better lifestyle = bad.

Experienced pilots not from the US who come to the US for higher pay and a better lifestyle = good.

Ok got it.

Oh, here's a neat article from November:

ALPA Objects To Alarming Increase in US Visas for Pilots

Apparently the increase of non-American pilots coming to the US is making it harder for American pilots to obtain higher wages as these non-US pilots are willing to work for airlines that pay lower salaries and keep salaries lower. But hey, they're just going where they are valued.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”