Initial 30 minute assessment still wonderlic?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Initial 30 minute assessment still wonderlic?

Post by hopefulguy »

yoshi91 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:23 pm So you’re saying you test well and can teach anyone to test well, but your personality isn’t there? Got it.
That is a bit baffling. I don't know if I have the right personality for ATC; but I wonder why my comments would warrant such a response from you? What exactly did you not like about them?
---------- ADS -----------

Citabria62
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Citabria62 »

hopefulguy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:25 pm
I think you completely misunderstood my point. I didn't fail the AON; I'm confident I am one of the top scorers in the FIR. I'm good at these kinds of tests.

I can train someone, especially someone who isn't very good at these types of tests, to improve their score by 100% in a day if I shared all of my tips and tricks for every section.
With these comments its clear how you didn't get in, also, there is no way to know where you scored against others, but nothing you have said thus far leads me to believe you were as competent as you say. even more so as you didn't even get in.

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

I don't know why you guys are so hostile to me for no reason at all, but that's okay, it is what it is.

I'll just say to new hopefuls who are coming into this thread wanting to learn something that not all ATCs are so elitist; I've heard from plenty who think that the tests are not perfectly designed and people can slip through, which is why many successful controllers applied more than once; I also don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting to do as well as they could for themselves, so again, I would really encourage you guys to really carefully do the practise problems multiple times while thinking about how to do these problems as efficiently as you can rather than going in to the actual questions straight away.

Good luck everyone!

I'll just add, in case people misunderstood, I said I'm confident I had top scores in the FIR, meaning, that they always take the top X people to move on to the next stage (i.e FEAST) and I'm confident I can make the next stage. I'm not saying I'm the smartest guy to ever apply for ATC, just that I can make it to the next stage because the other guy seems to basically constantly put me down by saying things to the effect of "stop complaining that you failed, you simply aren't good enough". I didn't fail. I just don't agree with the assertion that you can't prepare for the online test; you absolutely can prepare for it.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”