YYZ training - is there any transportation to that part of the airport?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

marthacleary63
Rank 1
Rank 1

YYZ training - is there any transportation to that part of the airport?

Post by marthacleary63 »

Hi all, I’ll be moving back to Toronto for the training without my partner for a while so it just won’t be feasible for us to have 2 cars, is there any staff bus or anything that goes to that part of the airport from the main terminal or anything..?
Airports I’ve worked at in the past have provided this kind of thing so I was just curious!
Thanks in advance :)
---------- ADS -----------

nrgxlr8tr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YYZ training - is there any transportation to that part of the airport?

Post by nrgxlr8tr »

Maybe ask people in your cohort if anyone would be open to carpooling

Last edited by nrgxlr8tr on Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

marthacleary63 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:32 pm Hi all, I’ll be moving back to Toronto for the training without my partner for a while so it just won’t be feasible for us to have 2 cars, is there any staff bus or anything that goes to that part of the airport from the main terminal or anything..?
Airports I’ve worked at in the past have provided this kind of thing so I was just curious!
Thanks in advance :)
There is no transit direct route from the terminal to the NavCanada facilities at YYZ. The only bus route that operates to the ACC and Tower is operated by MiWay (Mississauga) Transit, and even then it only has limited service.

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wordstwice »

Just to add what's been written, its the MIway #57 bus and it only does the loop into the infield area once in the morning (approx 715am) and then again in the early afternoon there's a couple more stops (approx 315pm).
Outside of those times the #57 still runs but just bypasses that part of the route.

I had to look into this for new students in the past and not many, if anyone, were able to find a decent bus solution, they either Uber'd or used a car.

marthacleary63
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marthacleary63 »

wordstwice wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:37 pm Just to add what's been written, its the MIway #57 bus and it only does the loop into the infield area once in the morning (approx 715am) and then again in the early afternoon there's a couple more stops (approx 315pm).
Outside of those times the #57 still runs but just bypasses that part of the route.

I had to look into this for new students in the past and not many, if anyone, were able to find a decent bus solution, they either Uber'd or used a car.
This is really useful thank you 🙏
Thanks everyone for your answers, will definitely look into a car pool/Uber it if I need 😊

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”