You will be contacted to schedule a second interview
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
-
DoABarrelRoll
- Rank 0

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 11:16 am
You will be contacted to schedule a second interview
Hoping to hear other's experience and any advice. It's been 13 months since my in person interview with AC. I received an email stating: "Following a review by our hiring board, you did not successfully pass the interview. As the next step in the process, you will be contacted to schedule a second interview".
In the email they say the typical timeline is 6-12 months from the initial interview. My worry is that I somehow fell between the cracks and could be in a limbo state. Even if they gave me a pfo I could have reapplied already, but this email explicitly stated, in bold, not to reapply, and that my application remains on file.
I have emailed the hiring person who I was previously in contact with, and no reply. At what point do I just reapply? Has this happened to anyone else here?
In the email they say the typical timeline is 6-12 months from the initial interview. My worry is that I somehow fell between the cracks and could be in a limbo state. Even if they gave me a pfo I could have reapplied already, but this email explicitly stated, in bold, not to reapply, and that my application remains on file.
I have emailed the hiring person who I was previously in contact with, and no reply. At what point do I just reapply? Has this happened to anyone else here?
-
JungleRiot
- Rank 3

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:19 am
Re: You will be contacted to schedule a second interview
Why would anyone want to work here in the first place? You wanna worknweekend for the next 12 years?
-
Man_in_the_sky
- Rank 5

- Posts: 365
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:52 am
Re: You will be contacted to schedule a second interview
Highest paying job around on the long runJungleRiot wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2026 10:52 am Why would anyone want to work here in the first place? You wanna worknweekend for the next 12 years?
Job security
Wide body operation.
base in 4 different major city.
If you took this job for a 9-5 monday to friday, the RCMP is hiring. Hope this helps
-
flieslikeachicken
- Rank 3

- Posts: 151
- Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2025 11:11 am
Re: You will be contacted to schedule a second interview
Take the second interview when it is offered to you. Update your resume and logbook. Prepare and practise for your interview. Most people who do a second interview are offered a position.
- flying4dollars
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1531
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:56 am
Re: You will be contacted to schedule a second interview
Most that have come here and stayed as NB FO's have moved up so quickly that they are holding blocks or reserve with weekends off and pretty good QoL. Someone else answered the meat and potatoes of why to come here. If you are at AC and you hate it that much, I ask you; why don't you quit?JungleRiot wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2026 10:52 am Why would anyone want to work here in the first place? You wanna worknweekend for the next 12 years?