I'm not a lawyer - but if I understand correctly the Canadian case surrounding Omar Khadr was about the violation of his human rights.canadianfly wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:14 am
The supreme court of Canada ruled 3 times in favour of Mr Omar Khadr, are you saying you don't recognize our justice system Eric?
Mr Khadr was convicted in a foreign country by a military commission outside of the judicial system while he was 16 yo.
One last question for you Eric, had his name been Francois or Johnathan, do you think he would've been treated the same way??
I don't believe there was a ruling on whether or not he was a Terrorist.
The Justice system is broken (along with the Immigration system) and needs to be overhauled. JMHO.
I love how people are always talking about their rights - never hear anything about the responsibilities that go with those rights.


