PPC for a Navajo
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
PPC for a Navajo
I currently have the opportunity in flying a privatly owned Navajo.
Sometimes I split the gas with the owner, other times pay or the gas.
Just like renting. I log the hrs as PIC since he is an instrcutor and has taught me to fly the plane and I am on the insurance.
He suggests since I will be doing my IFR currency next JUne, to why not get a PPC also. The cost would be just the gas for the plkane and the ride.
Do you think this would be okay to do?
I do not want to seem like I am buying a PPC.
I opnly have about 700hr, I figure I will not be getting any jobs soon, but I guess by doing a PPC, you will fly to stricter standards on the test.
Sometimes I split the gas with the owner, other times pay or the gas.
Just like renting. I log the hrs as PIC since he is an instrcutor and has taught me to fly the plane and I am on the insurance.
He suggests since I will be doing my IFR currency next JUne, to why not get a PPC also. The cost would be just the gas for the plkane and the ride.
Do you think this would be okay to do?
I do not want to seem like I am buying a PPC.
I opnly have about 700hr, I figure I will not be getting any jobs soon, but I guess by doing a PPC, you will fly to stricter standards on the test.
- the professional
- Rank 2

- Posts: 71
- Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:16 am
- Location: vancouver
- A Regulator
- Rank 3

- Posts: 199
- Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 6:21 pm
-
Snowroller
- Rank 3

- Posts: 135
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:30 pm
- Location: CYUX/CYYT
-
just curious
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 3592
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:29 am
- Location: The Frozen North
- Contact:
Your IFR ride on a PA31 is pretty much the same as a PPC ride. As long as you did at least one stall in the landing configuration.
You may petition the local TC office for a PPC if: You did the IFR ride on a PA31 (with a TC vs a DFTE), then were subsequently hired by a PA31 703 operator and received the company training and exam.
You may petition the local TC office for a PPC if: You did the IFR ride on a PA31 (with a TC vs a DFTE), then were subsequently hired by a PA31 703 operator and received the company training and exam.
Hi N2, you know BD? I like some of the comments received.
BD said he will put the aircraft on an OC so me and he son can do the ride
I like some of the responses from the people here. They love to attack anybody Lot of these guys probably can be my sons and daughters
I figured by doing a PPC I would study harder, and fly much better to pass the test.
I have to admit BD is a great instructor and pilot. He has taught me a lot
and I think some of these young ones on this board could learn greatly from him. I thank him for the opportunity he has givem me.
And NO I will not buy any PPC from the colored aircraft. I am only thinking about this since BD mentioned it to me
BD said he will put the aircraft on an OC so me and he son can do the ride
I like some of the responses from the people here. They love to attack anybody Lot of these guys probably can be my sons and daughters
I figured by doing a PPC I would study harder, and fly much better to pass the test.
I have to admit BD is a great instructor and pilot. He has taught me a lot
and I think some of these young ones on this board could learn greatly from him. I thank him for the opportunity he has givem me.
And NO I will not buy any PPC from the colored aircraft. I am only thinking about this since BD mentioned it to me
He ' Regulator' and ' The Professinal', this is not a Troll or trying to stir the pot.
If I want he would put the aircraft on a OC so I can do the ride and also his son.
I am trying to find out if a PPC holds stricter standards in flying or is it just like an IFR ride which I will have to do soon.
By the way the person who has taought me how to fly (the owner) is one of the best pilots I meet. He instructed on T-33 and Tutors in the air force.
He flew Pitts Specials for air shows.
So I think I have learned from one of the best
If I want he would put the aircraft on a OC so I can do the ride and also his son.
I am trying to find out if a PPC holds stricter standards in flying or is it just like an IFR ride which I will have to do soon.
By the way the person who has taought me how to fly (the owner) is one of the best pilots I meet. He instructed on T-33 and Tutors in the air force.
He flew Pitts Specials for air shows.
So I think I have learned from one of the best
Hey Snowroller, how is it going. I cannot beleive some of the resposnes you get on this board.
I thought that there were more professinal on this board.
Have you finished you commercial?
I hope you did not stop like I think you had mentioned?
Going up north again soon.
Will chat soon. PM if you like
Ciao and fly safe
I thought that there were more professinal on this board.
Have you finished you commercial?
I hope you did not stop like I think you had mentioned?
Going up north again soon.
Will chat soon. PM if you like
Ciao and fly safe
-
Steve Baker
- Rank 2

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:51 pm
- Location: cyyz
PA31 PPC
The flight test standard for a PPC is very similar to that of an IFR ride. The flight test includes all of the items of the IFR ride and adds: steep turns, approaches to stall in the landing, clean and take-off configurations, engine failure on take-off/over-shoot. Also, there will be more emergencies tested either practically or orally. The standard for all of the manoeuvres is the same as that on the IFR/multi-engine ride.
The big difference in a PPC ride comes on the ground before the ride. A PPC ride may be conducted either 2 crew or single pilot. If two crew, knowledge of SOPs will be tested. Systems knowledge and knowledge of all checklist memory items will be evaluated regardless. During the flight test, if 2 crew, coordination and adherence to SOPs will be assessed. IF SP, knowledge and use of the auto-pilot will be checked. As an aside, if you are doing an initial PPC on type, you may need the PNF to have a valid PPC, I'm hazy on this, regardless, they will need at least a PCC.
Further, prior to commencing a PPC ride the TC/ACP examiner will go over the candidates training file to confirm completion of all company training. This will likely include: Ground surface contamination training; airborne icing training; CFIT training; a Company FOM test; survival training; Technical, emergency procedure, handling and servicing tests for the airplane in question; and high altitude training and indoc if the OC allows flight above 10, 000'.
In short, a proper PPC follows a serious ground school and is usually only available from a commercial operator. Your desire to hold yourself to a higher standard is laudable, but you may find it impossible to fulfill the training requirements of a PPC. You can attain the same standard in practice by a thorough knowledge of the AFM and holding yourself to a high standard in your flying on your renewal ride and all of your flights.
Steve
The big difference in a PPC ride comes on the ground before the ride. A PPC ride may be conducted either 2 crew or single pilot. If two crew, knowledge of SOPs will be tested. Systems knowledge and knowledge of all checklist memory items will be evaluated regardless. During the flight test, if 2 crew, coordination and adherence to SOPs will be assessed. IF SP, knowledge and use of the auto-pilot will be checked. As an aside, if you are doing an initial PPC on type, you may need the PNF to have a valid PPC, I'm hazy on this, regardless, they will need at least a PCC.
Further, prior to commencing a PPC ride the TC/ACP examiner will go over the candidates training file to confirm completion of all company training. This will likely include: Ground surface contamination training; airborne icing training; CFIT training; a Company FOM test; survival training; Technical, emergency procedure, handling and servicing tests for the airplane in question; and high altitude training and indoc if the OC allows flight above 10, 000'.
In short, a proper PPC follows a serious ground school and is usually only available from a commercial operator. Your desire to hold yourself to a higher standard is laudable, but you may find it impossible to fulfill the training requirements of a PPC. You can attain the same standard in practice by a thorough knowledge of the AFM and holding yourself to a high standard in your flying on your renewal ride and all of your flights.
Steve
Excuses are like asses, everyone has one, and no one wants to hear yours.
wan2fly99: Please be careful when dealing with this gentleman. He may be your instructor and he may have taught you some things but beware. Nothing too serious but just ask yourself whose OC he will be attaching his plane to in order to get an idea of how he operates. And if you think I'm just badmouthing the guy, I'm not going to post past events that I've seen with my own eyes on this forum. You can PM me and I will give you a couple of examples so you can decide how much you want to be involved with this. I thought you had been around long enough to be even a little cynical about stuff like this.
Here you go dude:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Regse ... 723a01.htm
Hope it answers your question
http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Regse ... 723a01.htm
Hope it answers your question




