Why TC sucks

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bandit1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Why TC sucks

Post by bandit1 »

OK guys, I just passed the SARON ATPL exam this morning. Studied like crazy and knew everthing inside and out.

What are the questions so fucked up? My lawyer couldn't even decode them!

I find is so ridiculous that they word the questions so there are 2 potencially right answers so no matter how well you know the material, you still have to take an educated guess.

I would rather do 150 question worded properly then their stupid 80 shitty ones.

And the best part- all the performance charts, Mach boundary etc etc that they tell you not to write in the booklet.

OK- You're paying 110$ for the stupid exam and you can't write in the booklet with a pencil??? Those are the only questions that are easy yet they still try and @#$! you up by telling you not to write on them.

They lost my respect.
---------- ADS -----------

just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by just curious »

Hmmm, note to self:

Screw around with anyone who wrote the Saron today :twisted:

Signed,
Transport Inpectors,
Everywhere.

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

Here we go again! :smt064

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Why not? The cocksuckers red-flagged me with Customs. Took me years to figure out what was going on, and sort that out :roll:

mcrit
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mcrit »

The cocksuckers red-flagged me with Customs. Took me years to figure out what was going on, and sort that out
Hmmmm...... wonder why they did that. I just don't see how a gentile fellow like you could ever provoke an adverse reaction out of anyone. :lol:

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

wonder why they did that
A complete lack of professionalism?

Transport also phoned all the airshow operators in Ontario and threatened them that if they hired us, they wouldn't get their SFOC. I phoned up Lindsay Cadenhead at 4900 Yonge St, told him about this, and he laughed and replied, "Not everyone likes me, either".

The *ssholes didn't stop there, they phoned down to Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and lied to airshow operators a thousand miles south the border :roll:

If a poorly-written test is the worst thing Transport has ever done to you, well, you got off lightly.

bandit1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bandit1 »

And the worst part is that the idiots behind the desk have been doing the same job for 25 years and can't answer a god damn question even if it's not related to the exam material.

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by av8tor_assrope »

i'll tell ya what they need........they need to "spice up" there offices with something nice to look at for a change. holy moses, i almost burn my eyes by the dragons guarding the front desk. hasn't anyone ever seen a lawyer's secratary.

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
bandit1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bandit1 »

At least if they're nice to look at, they can afford to be stupid....

Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Justwannafly »

How about giving a student a flight through the mountains where he needs to use BOTH the Vancouver & Calgary VNC, & also has to use both sides of the Calgary VNC....oh & did I mention this was given the night B4 the flight test, & that the student is doing his PRIVATE & has never flown through the mountains? TC examiner insisted on the route even after it was prostest'd by the school for being excesssivly hard for a pilot with 50 hours

asdfasd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by asdfasd »

I think the idea is not that you know your stuff, not to see if you can memorize answers, but just to check that your brain is working in a rational way. I don’t think individuals with concentration problems (or other problems) could get through the exam even if you did have the answers memorized. So, its not a skills test, it’s a mental function test.

bandit1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bandit1 »

I don't know about it being a mental function test but it sure as hell made me mental

waterpooch989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Spell check, maybe grammar anyone......

Post by waterpooch989 »

Heh there buddy, don't get all out over the exams. Before you critique those writtens, you should probably slow down and proof read your post. By the way, there is, has, and always will be, one formula for those tests,.........RTFQ2.

A nikle for the 2 cents you put in...... :D

Schooner69
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Schooner69 »

"I find is so ridiculous that they word the questions so there are 2 potencially (sic) right answers..."

Well, of course! The questions are crafted pretty craftily(!) by some people with expertise in that sort of thing. Of the four responses listed, two are usually easily identified as incorrect. Now, of the remaining two answers, those candidates with their poop together will spot/identify the correct response immediately. Only those of us who are a little hazy in the subject matter will have a problem with the correct choice.

Why do they do it that way? Beats hell out of me. Probably has something to do with a bell curve. If the pass mark is sixty percent, 10 percent are below that figure, 10 percent are above 80 percent, and the remaing are sprinkled between the two, making the graph look like a looper caterpiller. Why do they WANT it that way? Beats hell out of me! I only spent six years in TC and was never let in on the secret... 8)

Every Day Is Saturday
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Oh goody! Another "TC sucks" thread. A little too much time on our hands?

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

I'm always hearing people complaining about how the questions are worded.... The problem is the CONTENT... I have written every friggen exam this country has to offer, and not one has more than a couple questions which are applicable to real world flying.

We debate back and forth on here about the poor overall quality of pilots in Canada, yet nobody ever seems to question the content of our exams and flight tests.... Do we really care how to calculate True Altitude? Why is there no aerobatic req't for a CPL? Saved my life more than once. Mmmm, that would requruire learning something in those 200hrs.

Not that the FAA is any better, just saying. Doesn't matter anyway, a few more years and it'll be Capt Microchip doing all the flying anyway...

STL

Return to “General Comments”