Something a little more positive
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Something a little more positive
Air Canada voted 'Best Airline in North America' and 'Best Airline in Canada' by readers of Global Traveler magazine
Friday January 19, 10:24 am ET
MONTREAL, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Air Canada has been voted 'Best Airline in North America' and 'Best Airline in Canada' by the readers of the U.S. magazine, Global Traveler. Complete results of this year's readers survey appear in the magazine's January issue, also available online at http://www.globaltravelerusa.com.
"We are very honoured that Air Canada has been selected by a survey of thousands of the world's most discerning travellers as the best airline in North America overall, as well as the best airline in Canada," said Sean Menke, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer. "Our employees take pride in offering a superior product to earn our customers' loyalty, and the results of surveys such as Global Traveler's are testament to their hard work.
"It is particularly timely for Air Canada to be chosen by U.S. air travelers as the best airline in North America. In just two weeks, we will be opening brand new airport facilities at our main hub in Toronto that will offer more Air Canada customers a world class travel experience, whether travelling between the United States and Canada, or conveniently connecting to any Air Canada destination world wide served by of our extensive global network."
Starting January 30, 2007, Air Canada flights between Toronto and the United States, as well as all international flights, will be consolidated under one roof in Pearson International Airport's expanded Terminal One, providing more convenient connections between the carrier's domestic Canada, U.S. transborder and international flights. The brand new facilities provide streamlined connection processes that will move passengers smoothly between Canada and U.S. Customs and Immigration. In addition, Air Canada will open two new Maple Leaf Lounges for eligible customers traveling to the United States and overseas destinations. The two new lounges feature bars and bistros, business and entertainment centres, showers, quiet spaces for relaxation and striking contemporary design elements.
In addition to significantly improving the travel experience for Air Canada customers at its main Toronto hub, the airline has been renewing its North American fleet since 2005 with new Embraer aircraft featuring a choice of two cabins of service. At the same time, Air Canada has been expanding its U.S. transborder and domestic Canada route network offering more point-to- point services with the most convenient schedules. Air Canada has also begun a major refurbishment program to revitalize its existing fleet with interior upgrades that include brand new seats and personal entertainment systems at each customer's seat. New fleet-wide amenities include digital quality in-seat monitors with touch-screen controls offering a wide selection of audio and video on demand programming, standard in-seat power within reach of every customer and industry leading lie-flat beds in Executive First, Air Canada's international premium service.
Global Traveler magazine's third annual survey of readers was conducted between February 1, 2006 and August 31, 2006, resulting in a total of 13,653 completed questionnaires.
Air Canada serves 150 destinations on five continents and is the largest provider of air service between the United States and Canada. Air Canada and its regional affiliate Jazz operate more than 390 non-stop flights per day on 89 routes between 51 U.S. and seven Canadian cities - more than any other airline. Within Canada, the carriers operate close to 1,000 non-stop flights per day on 131 routes to and from 67 Canadian airports. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, providing the world's most comprehensive air transportation network.
Friday January 19, 10:24 am ET
MONTREAL, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Air Canada has been voted 'Best Airline in North America' and 'Best Airline in Canada' by the readers of the U.S. magazine, Global Traveler. Complete results of this year's readers survey appear in the magazine's January issue, also available online at http://www.globaltravelerusa.com.
"We are very honoured that Air Canada has been selected by a survey of thousands of the world's most discerning travellers as the best airline in North America overall, as well as the best airline in Canada," said Sean Menke, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer. "Our employees take pride in offering a superior product to earn our customers' loyalty, and the results of surveys such as Global Traveler's are testament to their hard work.
"It is particularly timely for Air Canada to be chosen by U.S. air travelers as the best airline in North America. In just two weeks, we will be opening brand new airport facilities at our main hub in Toronto that will offer more Air Canada customers a world class travel experience, whether travelling between the United States and Canada, or conveniently connecting to any Air Canada destination world wide served by of our extensive global network."
Starting January 30, 2007, Air Canada flights between Toronto and the United States, as well as all international flights, will be consolidated under one roof in Pearson International Airport's expanded Terminal One, providing more convenient connections between the carrier's domestic Canada, U.S. transborder and international flights. The brand new facilities provide streamlined connection processes that will move passengers smoothly between Canada and U.S. Customs and Immigration. In addition, Air Canada will open two new Maple Leaf Lounges for eligible customers traveling to the United States and overseas destinations. The two new lounges feature bars and bistros, business and entertainment centres, showers, quiet spaces for relaxation and striking contemporary design elements.
In addition to significantly improving the travel experience for Air Canada customers at its main Toronto hub, the airline has been renewing its North American fleet since 2005 with new Embraer aircraft featuring a choice of two cabins of service. At the same time, Air Canada has been expanding its U.S. transborder and domestic Canada route network offering more point-to- point services with the most convenient schedules. Air Canada has also begun a major refurbishment program to revitalize its existing fleet with interior upgrades that include brand new seats and personal entertainment systems at each customer's seat. New fleet-wide amenities include digital quality in-seat monitors with touch-screen controls offering a wide selection of audio and video on demand programming, standard in-seat power within reach of every customer and industry leading lie-flat beds in Executive First, Air Canada's international premium service.
Global Traveler magazine's third annual survey of readers was conducted between February 1, 2006 and August 31, 2006, resulting in a total of 13,653 completed questionnaires.
Air Canada serves 150 destinations on five continents and is the largest provider of air service between the United States and Canada. Air Canada and its regional affiliate Jazz operate more than 390 non-stop flights per day on 89 routes between 51 U.S. and seven Canadian cities - more than any other airline. Within Canada, the carriers operate close to 1,000 non-stop flights per day on 131 routes to and from 67 Canadian airports. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, providing the world's most comprehensive air transportation network.
-
tonysoprano
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm
Wow, the trolls are even faster than I thought they were. It took Legacy less than an hour to show his frustration. Guess he can't read either. Something about best in N. America he somehow missed but the real sweet one is best in Canada. Hey Beech, good stuff, thanks for posting it. I guess the real poll gets conducted out there in the real world. Congrats AC. Well done.
I had a bet with another pilot that the very first response would be negative/mockery or anything but positive because that is the nature of some posters on this site. Thanks Legacy. Now I get a free beer !
I can only imagine what non-aviation folk think when they see some of these threads...they must think we are anything and everything but a professional group of individuals protecting our trade. Where you work, what seat you're in, how much $ you make is important but what should be most important is all pilots should stick together and rise above some of the individual adversity and conflict. When was the last time you heard a doctor bad mouth another doctor? It rarely happens because they know better; they know that their interests as a group far outweigh the interests of one and that should a few look bad the whole group will suffer for it. The result? THEY set the standards of their industry, THEY pretty much decide what is a fair wage, THEY have control of their occupation. And I like to think they have a fair amount of integrity. We as pilots may want to consider emulating them a little bit if we wish to be professionals rather than something else.
Just a thought but I'm sure I'll be crucified for it...
I can only imagine what non-aviation folk think when they see some of these threads...they must think we are anything and everything but a professional group of individuals protecting our trade. Where you work, what seat you're in, how much $ you make is important but what should be most important is all pilots should stick together and rise above some of the individual adversity and conflict. When was the last time you heard a doctor bad mouth another doctor? It rarely happens because they know better; they know that their interests as a group far outweigh the interests of one and that should a few look bad the whole group will suffer for it. The result? THEY set the standards of their industry, THEY pretty much decide what is a fair wage, THEY have control of their occupation. And I like to think they have a fair amount of integrity. We as pilots may want to consider emulating them a little bit if we wish to be professionals rather than something else.
Just a thought but I'm sure I'll be crucified for it...
- Dark Helmet
- Rank 6

- Posts: 493
- Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:59 pm
Hey no prob. Glad i earned you a beer. Come on guys. You really think AC is the best airline in N america. AC is well know for crummy customer service and if you don't agree with that you are VERY biased or you either work there. Kind of funny how you EXPECTED a negeative comment to come form that. That says a lot right there. Deep down you know the article is crap then too. I work for Milton and I can say that our customer service isn't that great. I was never biased about it. Why is it no one can ever criticize their own company. Does it make you feel better ignoring the truth or what?
Last edited by Legacy on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
SittinPretty
- Rank 1

- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:02 am
- Location: Ontario
This is great news for Air Canada and the Canadian Airline industry as a whole. I don't work for AC but as a pilot in this country I am proud to see that we still shine.
I know that pilots aren't the only part of this story. Good job to everyone involved.
I do think that we are well trained here in Canada. We often have adverse weather and severe winter conditions to operate in so it doesn't surprise me when airlines from our country win awards. Airlines around the globe like to hire Canadian flight crew. Let's keep up the great work.
I know that pilots aren't the only part of this story. Good job to everyone involved.
I do think that we are well trained here in Canada. We often have adverse weather and severe winter conditions to operate in so it doesn't surprise me when airlines from our country win awards. Airlines around the globe like to hire Canadian flight crew. Let's keep up the great work.
Legacy: You just won me another one ! It has nothing to do about one company or another, they all have faults and downsides. You seem to have a bad and agressive attitude. You also seem frustrated. And you missed the point. But you made for a cute little lab rat today, thanks. You're amusing.
Some point of view you got there. You see me as agressive. I see it as a critic. Since I know myself just a little better than you do I guees I am right. Haven't you ever noticed what happens when you criticize someone's company? They go right on the defensive. Why? I have no idea. Like you said, there are ups and downs to all companies so accept it. Cya in the crew room. I will be the realist.
-
tonysoprano
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm
Legacy.AC is well know for crummy customer service and if you don't agree with that you are VERY biased or you either work there.
Ok, we do have crummy service. But over a six month period, more than 13,000 travelers decided we are not the crummiest. Is that more acceptable to you?
bwahaa! how many people do you move in 6 months?tonysoprano wrote:Legacy.AC is well know for crummy customer service and if you don't agree with that you are VERY biased or you either work there.
Ok, we do have crummy service. But over a six month period, more than 13,000 travelers decided we are not the crummiest. Is that more acceptable to you?
-
tonysoprano
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm
A shitload more than you, you brainwahed dipshit. What took you so long idiot? I thought you robots would be all over this one. I bet those 13000 people didn't even know who WJ was. Or maybe they did and there ya have it. Apples and oranges.bwahaa! how many people do you move in 6 months?
-
tonysoprano
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm
...And it all seems to really get to you. Why? I'll apoligize squid, I never meant to be-little you. Sometimes I've let you in on why I like working where I do. No different than WJ guys going on how good they have it or how great their company is. No difference. Where have I bragged about what I get from my company on this thread? I'm merely defending my place of work from the usual stupid attacks. I welcome critism. I disagree with much of what AC does. But it's still a place to be proud of. I also know the difference between critism and senseless attacks. You keep accusing me of something I don't do very often. If I bragg it's not to gloat about me but rather to show what my company offers me. Sometimes it's required to defend who I work for. Because despite it all squid, I'm proud of where I work even though I admitt it ain't perfect. As you can see there really aren't many AC guys who care to get involved on this forum. Lucky you. I'm about to join them cause I finally realize what they've been trying to tell me. How stupid and insecure this forum can be. Hey, you and I work for the same team. I really don't care, but you come across as having some issues, some history. Or maybe you're just trying to do what you think is right. Great. Just try and keep things in perspective. Good luck Squid.man you sure have some insecurities in your life..bla bla bla...I fly here, I eat this, You only wish you could do this like me. Get some counselling and take some ownership in your company instead of spouting what you get from it. Sad but true.
Wow Tony, looks like you've been forgetting your meds lately. Lighten up.tonysoprano wrote:A shitload more than you, you brainwahed dipshit. What took you so long idiot? I thought you robots would be all over this one. I bet those 13000 people didn't even know who WJ was. Or maybe they did and there ya have it. Apples and oranges.bwahaa! how many people do you move in 6 months?
-
tonysoprano
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm
-
tonysoprano
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm
-
tonysoprano
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm
-
tonysoprano
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2589
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm
New York Sun article lauds Air Canada customer service. Nicholas Wapshott, a reporter from the New York Sun, was recently stuck in New Delhi, with his Continental Airlines flights cancelled due to severe fog and mechanical issues. Due to the cancellations, he was eventually placed on an Air Canada flight and had very positive things to say about our customer service. "Where the Continental staff were brusque and feckless, the Air Canada crew was warm and welcoming. As we settled in our seats, the pilot and chief flight attendant explained that although we were good to go, the fog showed little sign of lifting. The plane had enough fuel to wait for three hours before we either took off or returned to the gate. The pilot updated us on visibility and weather conditions. Sandwiches and soft drinks were handed around," said Wapshott.....
- Stick-Shaker
- Rank 4

- Posts: 245
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:39 pm
There are few full service airlines still in existence here in North America (have you flown AA lately..yuck). Air Canada still offers superior service to anything else I have witnessed here . But I will also admit WJ is head and shoulders over anything AA, NW can offer. As for the discounters in the air, I am certain WJ would rank high. But good to see AC do well in the survey.
- Dark Helmet
- Rank 6

- Posts: 493
- Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:59 pm
Guys here is one for you, this might be a little hard to swallow for some of you but here it goes.......BOTH AIRLINES ARE VERY GOOD!!! If WJ is showing record profits and superb customer service as an LCC, blah blah blah good for them, Good Job Westjet keep it up. If AC is doing well as full service airline, and they did well on surveys and got voted the best, etc,etc,......good for them, Well done Air Canada, keep it up.
Again, Coke or Pepsi. Some people like only one, some like both, some like neither. Some years Coke made more money than Pepsi, other years it was the opposite. Boh hoh.
I don't get why can't everyone just be happy for the other guy that their airline is doing good, as opposed to shitting on their parade and shoving their brand of Kool aid down their throats.
Again, Coke or Pepsi. Some people like only one, some like both, some like neither. Some years Coke made more money than Pepsi, other years it was the opposite. Boh hoh.
I don't get why can't everyone just be happy for the other guy that their airline is doing good, as opposed to shitting on their parade and shoving their brand of Kool aid down their throats.


