Beaver Floats
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug
Beaver Floats
Anyone flown a beaver on 6470 floats? If so can you get back to me with how you liked or disliked them.
Thank you.
Thank you.
- Siddley Hawker
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3353
- Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:56 pm
- Location: 50.13N 66.17W
-
Handsome B. Wonderful
- Rank 2

- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:23 am
- Location: YYZ
-FJOM with the AWT wing has a set of 4930s punched out 4 inches on each side to make them into essentially, Edo 6100s, although I think they are 6000s on paper. Ugly as sin, but a nice float... feel just like 4930's, only a bit slower in the air. Far as I know, it's the only set that were done. I haven't flown the Whipline 6000s, but from what I understand, the ugly Edo's are nicer on the water, but the Whips fly faster.
MM
MM
Big floats
I have tried both the AWT beaver with these EDOs, and the 67-something floats on a straighT Beaver.
The floats on the AWT -2 were great (although that machine is awful) and the big floats were great for big waves, longer props without having to be that careful with the water splash; but the they really sucked for longitudinal stability (more surface forward of the C.ofG.) and steering on the water.
The job I had to do with it did not require exceptional maneuvrability, so I had fun on it.
The floats on the AWT -2 were great (although that machine is awful) and the big floats were great for big waves, longer props without having to be that careful with the water splash; but the they really sucked for longitudinal stability (more surface forward of the C.ofG.) and steering on the water.
The job I had to do with it did not require exceptional maneuvrability, so I had fun on it.



