TC sends Collection Agency after me
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
-
PUCE PILOT
- Rank 1

- Posts: 26
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:34 pm
- Location: BEHIND YOUR MOM
JUst got mine......what took so long?
I must not be as notorious a criminal as the rest of us law breakers!!!!
Well,I am going to start "GOVERNING MYSELF ACCORDINGLY" by using the letter to start the fire in my woodstove,then let the fine people at Collectcorp and TC they can all worship the glistening helmut
I must not be as notorious a criminal as the rest of us law breakers!!!!
Well,I am going to start "GOVERNING MYSELF ACCORDINGLY" by using the letter to start the fire in my woodstove,then let the fine people at Collectcorp and TC they can all worship the glistening helmut
LH
So, if someone has had their tax refunds garnisheed, should they be able to apply through the freedom of information act or any other means to obtain a copy of the court order?
CD quoted "administrative" actions in one of his posts. My experience, and that of the courts, is that TC , and other government departments, administrative procedures are not always lawful. They do however continue to administer them until someone finally gets them to court.
It is something you can do, I guess, when there is absolutely no one in an organization that has to be accountable for their actions.
So, if someone has had their tax refunds garnisheed, should they be able to apply through the freedom of information act or any other means to obtain a copy of the court order?
CD quoted "administrative" actions in one of his posts. My experience, and that of the courts, is that TC , and other government departments, administrative procedures are not always lawful. They do however continue to administer them until someone finally gets them to court.
It is something you can do, I guess, when there is absolutely no one in an organization that has to be accountable for their actions.
Last edited by trey kule on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
trey kule ------ I doubt very much if you would have to use the Access to Information Act to get a copy of any wage garnishee order. I have no doubt that they would be MORE than happy to show you and give a copy themselves.....with a big smile on their faces no less.
"Adminisrative actions"? That's one of those "baffle-gab" phrases that they like to use in Ottawa. That's another reason why I refer to my friends in the Legal Profession when dealing with Ottawa. Since the "Halls of Power" are filled with lawyers and Chartered Accountants, I believe they should be addressed and spoken to by one of their own and not someone whose major skill is in another profession.
"Adminisrative actions"? That's one of those "baffle-gab" phrases that they like to use in Ottawa. That's another reason why I refer to my friends in the Legal Profession when dealing with Ottawa. Since the "Halls of Power" are filled with lawyers and Chartered Accountants, I believe they should be addressed and spoken to by one of their own and not someone whose major skill is in another profession.
-
Highflyinpilot
- Rank 8

- Posts: 865
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:30 am
- Location: Holy Hell, is that what you look like in the morning
LH wrote:
Since the "Halls of Power" are filled with lawyers and Chartered Accountants, I believe they should be addressed and spoken to by one of their own and not someone whose major skill is in another profession.
Point taken. but now where am I going to get a French speaking, amoral, starving wolverine from?[/quote]
Since the "Halls of Power" are filled with lawyers and Chartered Accountants, I believe they should be addressed and spoken to by one of their own and not someone whose major skill is in another profession.
Point taken. but now where am I going to get a French speaking, amoral, starving wolverine from?[/quote]
I got a letter today dated March 14. I paid in full my old invoices back on Feb 16. I called the agency and she advised just fax an invoice showing the payment and your account balance and all will be fine.
No troubles getting a live person and she was pleasent on the phone.
I emailed TC asking for the lag time between submitting my name to an agency and actually checking my account balance. Will wait to see what comes back.
No troubles getting a live person and she was pleasent on the phone.
I emailed TC asking for the lag time between submitting my name to an agency and actually checking my account balance. Will wait to see what comes back.
Collection agencies, and the people who work for them are the lowest form of humanity. They are shit eating, scum sucking, sacks of dung. They should have their private parts infested with fire ants.
And people who use these maggots are just as far down the asshole of life as the agencies themselves! That would be Transport Canada.
BTW, I got MY letter today. Was starting to feel left out. I plan to take the 55$ cash to my regional office and shove it right up somebody's butt hole! Film at eleven!
And people who use these maggots are just as far down the asshole of life as the agencies themselves! That would be Transport Canada.
BTW, I got MY letter today. Was starting to feel left out. I plan to take the 55$ cash to my regional office and shove it right up somebody's butt hole! Film at eleven!
Doc...dont pay it.
doesnt matter how mad you are , if they get the money they win. and the collection agency letter was a success.
Pleasssssse...dont pay it. It is the only way we will get them to sit up and take notice. Otherwise it looks like we are just a bunch of deadbeats and they need the collection agency.
doesnt matter how mad you are , if they get the money they win. and the collection agency letter was a success.
Pleasssssse...dont pay it. It is the only way we will get them to sit up and take notice. Otherwise it looks like we are just a bunch of deadbeats and they need the collection agency.
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Doc:
If you pay it you are deserting your colleauges in aviation and we won't talk to you on Avcanada....we will consider you a traitor helping the other side.
If you pay it you are deserting your colleauges in aviation and we won't talk to you on Avcanada....we will consider you a traitor helping the other side.
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Got mine today too... $110. I didn't pay in 2005, which I will gladly admit. But I wasn't invoiced either, nor was I invoiced this year. I've only moved once in the past three years, and it would seem TC has my current address. WTF?
Assholes. I'm going to Ottawa tomorrow on business... I'm more than a little tempted to visit the ivory tower and give them a piece of my mind (small though it may be).
Assholes. I'm going to Ottawa tomorrow on business... I'm more than a little tempted to visit the ivory tower and give them a piece of my mind (small though it may be).
Doc:
too funny...
LOL!!! C'mon, tell me how you really feel!"Collection agencies, and the people who work for them are the lowest form of humanity. They are shit eating, scum sucking, sacks of dung. They should have their private parts infested with fire ants.
And people who use these maggots are just as far down the asshole of life as the agencies themselves! "
Didn't you just post a sticky about people cleaning up their language? The hypocrisy continues...Doc wrote:Collection agencies, and the people who work for them are the lowest form of humanity. They are shit eating, scum sucking, sacks of dung. They should have their private parts infested with fire ants.
And people who use these maggots are just as far down the asshole of life as the agencies themselves!
I too have recieved the shite bills for undefined services from transport, and have had the fees deducted from my tax refunds. I have not and will not pay willingly. I couldn,t give a tinkers cuss if they want to send it off for collection. Further if enough pilots agree not to pay it would become an administrative nightmare and as others have suggested could force them into dropping the fee . Alternativly I might send the payment in loose pennies collect or postage due with no return address. Or perhaps send them monopoly money or a photocopy of the money for this pretend bill for services not provided. sorry it don,t cut it for me as a fee for slipping a copy of my medical in a file or a computor data entry. I could help our federal government save enough money to more than off set this b,s, fee. How about buying only one instead of four heavy hauler jets to fly military equip tanks etc to the middle east, All they would have to do make four times as many trips. At a saving of 1.5 billion I ,m thinkin with the money saved, the fees would be covered for the next 125 years and by then we wouldnt need flyin machines as people would just use teleporters like Spock and Kirk
-
flyinthebug
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1689
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:36 am
- Location: CYPA
Just something to think about if your refusing to pay this ridiculous "TAX" to the collection people...
I sat in a dentist chair about 10 years ago now and the dentist looked at my tooth and said he couldnt help me out and I needed to go to a specialist to get it repaired. I got outta the chair and a week later I got a bill for 162$. I laffed and even phoned his office and told him he`d NEVER see his 162$ for literally NOTHING. Fast Fwd 10 years.. I just applied for a loan with HD Finance to get a new bike. I got a rejection letter and the usual "if you have any further information that could assist us etc etc"... turns out I was declined because I had a BAD DEBT (R9) for yup 162$ owed to Dr T Winterman in Thunder Bay ont. This debt dates back to 1996! I always thought after 7 years it all dropped off but I was mistaken and there it was 10 years later. Bad debts (ignored debts) are left on your credit INDEFINATELY.
I have an "ok" credit rating so was able to side step this problem but guess what.. I had to satisfy the debt before they would approve the loan. I swore on my life id never pay this goof for his lack of services but if I wanted this loan I had to pay. I even have a current loan with HD and have never missed a single payment in two years!
Id LOVE to say DONT pay these maggots but the reality is if you dont, it WILL hurt your credit somewhere down the road. The human factor is GONE from ALL lending institutions and all they see is a credit score and the number represents either yes or no period. There was barely an avenue for me to get them to change their minds. The first person I spoke to told me forget it and NO.
If I didnt have a decent (not great) credit rating, Id be pounding sand and riding a lawnmower this year. Something to consider.
Fly safe, Cheers
I sat in a dentist chair about 10 years ago now and the dentist looked at my tooth and said he couldnt help me out and I needed to go to a specialist to get it repaired. I got outta the chair and a week later I got a bill for 162$. I laffed and even phoned his office and told him he`d NEVER see his 162$ for literally NOTHING. Fast Fwd 10 years.. I just applied for a loan with HD Finance to get a new bike. I got a rejection letter and the usual "if you have any further information that could assist us etc etc"... turns out I was declined because I had a BAD DEBT (R9) for yup 162$ owed to Dr T Winterman in Thunder Bay ont. This debt dates back to 1996! I always thought after 7 years it all dropped off but I was mistaken and there it was 10 years later. Bad debts (ignored debts) are left on your credit INDEFINATELY.
I have an "ok" credit rating so was able to side step this problem but guess what.. I had to satisfy the debt before they would approve the loan. I swore on my life id never pay this goof for his lack of services but if I wanted this loan I had to pay. I even have a current loan with HD and have never missed a single payment in two years!
Id LOVE to say DONT pay these maggots but the reality is if you dont, it WILL hurt your credit somewhere down the road. The human factor is GONE from ALL lending institutions and all they see is a credit score and the number represents either yes or no period. There was barely an avenue for me to get them to change their minds. The first person I spoke to told me forget it and NO.
If I didnt have a decent (not great) credit rating, Id be pounding sand and riding a lawnmower this year. Something to consider.
Fly safe, Cheers
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Why don't we all send massive e-mails to every hack in Ottawa, everyone send the same form letter and swamp the whole government system?
Hell with computers we can wreak pure havoc on these arrogant morons....load every M.P. and every TC office you can find in your e-mail address and hit send every time you get a free moment.
Sooner or later they will get the message.
Massive civil unrest even in something as simple as e-mail always gets their attention.
But I'm betting someone in Ottawa will consider the computer a weapon and force us to register them.
Hell with computers we can wreak pure havoc on these arrogant morons....load every M.P. and every TC office you can find in your e-mail address and hit send every time you get a free moment.
Sooner or later they will get the message.
Massive civil unrest even in something as simple as e-mail always gets their attention.
But I'm betting someone in Ottawa will consider the computer a weapon and force us to register them.
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Lets e-mail nuke E'm....
We truly can wreak pure havoc in their system.
Just the thought of having them doing nothing but pulling their hair out trying to clean up their computers has a plus side.
They won't have time to harrass us.
The computer is truly a tool for the masses, hell its like having an electronic rapid fire mini gun.
Time for the revolution gang..Canada's own Cinqo de Mayo...
We truly can wreak pure havoc in their system.
Just the thought of having them doing nothing but pulling their hair out trying to clean up their computers has a plus side.
They won't have time to harrass us.
The computer is truly a tool for the masses, hell its like having an electronic rapid fire mini gun.
Time for the revolution gang..Canada's own Cinqo de Mayo...
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.



