Looking to Move On ... Help Appreciated

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Sometimes just being in the right place at the right time will give you the break you are looking for.

The problem is finding the right place.

But don't get discouraged there are some real good employers out there.

Never, never, never , never never.....

..compromize your self worth and allow anyone to intimidate you into doing something you do not feel safe doing. Remember the rules are there as guidelines, however fu.k the rules even if it is legal and you do not feel up to it for any reason ...don't go.

It is easier to walk away from a job than be carried away from an accident.
---------- ADS -----------

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Mr. Jones
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mr. Jones »

Grey Wolf,
Couple of questions for you:
1. How many resumes have you sent out in the last month?
2. How many follow up phone calls have you made?
3. How many interviews have you had?
4. How many offers have you had?

If your answers are 20,5,1,0 You aren't working hard enough at finding a job. If this is the case go to http://www.pilotcareercenter.com and send an email to every company that is listed. Set a goal to send at least 25 a day.

If your answers are 100, 50, 1, 0 maybe your cover letter, resume or phone skills needs some work. Last time I saw your resume it needed a make over. PM xsbank, ask nicely and maybe he will help. If your phone skills need work get a little coaching.

If your answers are 100, 50, 15, 0 maybe your interview skills need work. Again invest in some coaching.

From your post you are at 800TT. Fly every hour you possibly can at your current job. Right now you are getting PIC that will help you upgrade to an ATPL and will help later with upgrades from right to left.

If you want it, make it happen man.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Mr. Jones

Good to hear your not still buried underneath a pile of work, and have time to check in. How ya been?

As for the response, I appreciate the "kick in the ass" technique that your using to get me motivated.

My response would be closer to 35, 15, 2, 1.

The offer was, to move from my present position, in order to teach as opposed to a right seat that i had applied for; hence a lateral move for 2$/hr more than what i'm at. It would have cost me my raise to move out, and start from scrath rebuilding a student base.

Currently closer to 900 now, of which near 700 are PIC. As for the ATPL, the only requirments lacking at this point are 50 hours night PIC, and 37 hours of cross-country PIC and/or CO-PIC Cross Country. Otherwise everything else is met !!!

I believe i'm working a little less than desired (by your standards) at it, given my other obligations and duties at my present employer. If I was sending out 25 resumes a day, I would have all the time in the world to find a job, if you catch my drift. It seems to me, and i might be exaggerating, that i've done everything underneath the moon but sell my soul and buy a PPC.

As for Pilotcareercenter, We all know it takes money to make money but for 150$ to redo my cv/resume, i'm a little sceptical. Anyone out there use their service? Pros? Cons? Feedback is highly welcomed!

Anywho, Thanks Folks, and as always more constructive input is appreciated. 8)

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
newalliance123
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by newalliance123 »

Just you pcc to get information about companies to send your resumes too.

I'm having similar problems however I don't have my ATPL exam's done yet as i'm currently working in US and employers seem to want that or the IATRA, long trip back for one test.

Good luck

Return to “Employment Forum”