Bearskin 99's

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fatass
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:50 am

Post by Fatass »

ei ei owe wrote:
Fatass wrote:Is C-FRQI still around?
Yeah it is, but you'd never recognize it.
Why is that? I heard it got some new paint. Did it get a needed new interior as well?
---------- ADS -----------
 
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4821
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 am
Location: YYC 230 degree radial at about 10 DME

Post by co-joe »

Doc wrote:Yah, but you could say..."the pants"....as in...."who left the pants in the dryer?"
This would be a good spot for your drunk pilots thing...?
Yeah or I must have left my green card in the other pants...

I was born in east LA man I was born in east LA...
---------- ADS -----------
 
ei ei owe
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:39 am
Location: getting closer to home

Post by ei ei owe »

Paint and some interior work inside and a bigger pod on the outside. I guess you could recognize it.....
---------- ADS -----------
 
Everything comes in threes....
ei ei owe
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:39 am
Location: getting closer to home

Post by ei ei owe »

Paint and some interior work inside and a bigger pod on the outside. I guess you could recognize it.....
---------- ADS -----------
 
Everything comes in threes....
timeismoney
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:50 am

Post by timeismoney »

Obviously Doc...hasn't got a clue how aircraft were built and its intended use of hrs.....No aircraft are built to go the hrs they do! Thats why companys can get certain STC's to prolong the life of an a/c...Its the way the whole industry works..... The B99 was and still is thee aircraft in many ways... Just imagine how good this aircraft must be if it has gone this many hrs?..The B99 was bulit only for 30,000hrs and has passed that by quite a margin! In some cases double! That means it is one hell of an aircraft!

The 2 B99's Bearskin has sold are in Antigua.... to Carib Avaition! The 2 aircraft are actually in West Palm Beach right now gettin new paint and interiors...also TCAS installed. The B99 will remain a trooper in the sky for a longtime yet!!!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Doc »

You just keep that dream alive there, sunshine!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:22 am
Location: Nowhere fast

Post by CaptainHaddock »

I always loved watching them unload on the ramp at YXL.In my head I could hear the circus music as they just kept coming out of the back door. They were a great machine for the northern runs.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
Jeremy Kent
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: Guelph, ON

Post by Jeremy Kent »

Maybe Doc's right and the spars are about to buckle... I dunno... but I can say that I've never flown an airplane I trusted as much as that one.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Doc »

I don't recall saying the spars would buckle. I do however recall saying they're too high time/cycles for me to set foot on. But hey, maybe the spars will buckle? Ya squeeze a beer can enough and......
---------- ADS -----------
 
timeisstillmoney
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:14 pm

Post by timeisstillmoney »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Thats what I thought Doc! Truth hurts....:(...
---------- ADS -----------
 
jugheadsrevenge
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:21 am

Post by jugheadsrevenge »

Two 99's are in YQM. C-GDSL & C-GHVI.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
skycoupe
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Post by skycoupe »

Doc wrote:Bottom line..I wouldn't set foot in Bearskin 99. If there is a 20,000 hour 99 out there....then I'd ride on it...but the Bear's are probably about double, or triple that.
I don't recall saying the spars would buckle. I do however recall saying they're too high time/cycles for me to set foot on. But hey, maybe the spars will buckle? Ya squeeze a beer can enough and......
Kinda the ol' wooden roller coaster theory, ain't it?? :roll:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Spinner
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:42 am

Post by Spinner »

lets see

original spar life 20,000 hours

superspar life (which most all have now) 20,000 hours

American STC to extend life to max 20,000 hours

total life at least 60,000 hours

scary isn't it.
---------- ADS -----------
 
"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING
SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING"

WOW... WHAT A RIDE
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”