Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore
-
the_professor
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1130
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:03 pm
Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Nothing warms the heart more on a cold winter's day than to see that these two SOBs got exactly what they deserved. Kudos to the resident. It is for exactly this reason that I keep a buck knife in my bedside table.
Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
BILL GRAVELAND
Canadian Press
January 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM EST
LANGDON, Alta. — A home invasion in this bustling hamlet east of Calgary early Thursday morning ended with one of the invaders dead and the second in critical condition in hospital.
Two men forcibly entered a home and burst into a bedroom where a 35-year-old man and his 24-year-old girlfriend were asleep.
When it ended, the 32-year-old attacker was dead and his accomplice, 27, was eventually taken to hospital with stab wounds where he was listed in serious condition.
“It is an unusual case. It doesn't happen very often to have a home invasion where you have an attacker who ends up deceased,” said RCMP Cpl. Patricia Neely. “It is pretty rare.”
“The two assailants entered the bedroom where the victims had been sleeping and a struggle ensued and that's where the one assailant was discovered.”
One of the attackers was dead when police arrived. The second man fled and eventually turned up in the hospital in nearby Strathmore, where he was transported to hospital in Calgary.
The 35-year-old resident of the home was also transported to hospital but his injuries were not believed to be serious and his condition was listed as stable.
The reason for the early morning intrusion is unclear, said Cpl. Neely, but didn't appear to be tied to illicit activity.
“We have no ties to criminal activity at all at this point,” she said. “These people were known to each other but at this point we have no connection to gangs or drugs that we've determined.”
The police investigation will now try to determine what precipitated the attack. There is no indication whether the death of the home invader could be described as a murder, said Neely.
“I think if people enter your home at 3:30 in the morning it's not for a cup of tea and there was probably some nefarious component to the entry,” she said.
“The Criminal Code authorizes people to use as much force as necessary to protect themselves and their property.”
“However, that force must be the minimum amount necessary. Obviously this person had a right to protect himself but the investigation will focus on whether or not he used the minimum amount of force necessary to ensure his safety and that of the other person in the home,” she added.
The next step will be to conduct interviews, locating individuals related to the case and to retrace the events leading up to the incident.
An autopsy on the 32-year-old man, whose name has not been released, will be conducted Friday.
Although Langdon is officially a hamlet, its population was 3,500 in 2006.
Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
BILL GRAVELAND
Canadian Press
January 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM EST
LANGDON, Alta. — A home invasion in this bustling hamlet east of Calgary early Thursday morning ended with one of the invaders dead and the second in critical condition in hospital.
Two men forcibly entered a home and burst into a bedroom where a 35-year-old man and his 24-year-old girlfriend were asleep.
When it ended, the 32-year-old attacker was dead and his accomplice, 27, was eventually taken to hospital with stab wounds where he was listed in serious condition.
“It is an unusual case. It doesn't happen very often to have a home invasion where you have an attacker who ends up deceased,” said RCMP Cpl. Patricia Neely. “It is pretty rare.”
“The two assailants entered the bedroom where the victims had been sleeping and a struggle ensued and that's where the one assailant was discovered.”
One of the attackers was dead when police arrived. The second man fled and eventually turned up in the hospital in nearby Strathmore, where he was transported to hospital in Calgary.
The 35-year-old resident of the home was also transported to hospital but his injuries were not believed to be serious and his condition was listed as stable.
The reason for the early morning intrusion is unclear, said Cpl. Neely, but didn't appear to be tied to illicit activity.
“We have no ties to criminal activity at all at this point,” she said. “These people were known to each other but at this point we have no connection to gangs or drugs that we've determined.”
The police investigation will now try to determine what precipitated the attack. There is no indication whether the death of the home invader could be described as a murder, said Neely.
“I think if people enter your home at 3:30 in the morning it's not for a cup of tea and there was probably some nefarious component to the entry,” she said.
“The Criminal Code authorizes people to use as much force as necessary to protect themselves and their property.”
“However, that force must be the minimum amount necessary. Obviously this person had a right to protect himself but the investigation will focus on whether or not he used the minimum amount of force necessary to ensure his safety and that of the other person in the home,” she added.
The next step will be to conduct interviews, locating individuals related to the case and to retrace the events leading up to the incident.
An autopsy on the 32-year-old man, whose name has not been released, will be conducted Friday.
Although Langdon is officially a hamlet, its population was 3,500 in 2006.
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Yeah but this is Canada, where he will likely end up behind bars and the remaining robber will likely get awarded millions of dollars!!
DEI = Didn’t Earn It
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
that will be self defense...at 3 in the morning without prior notice the person at home will definitely react fast and take care of the lives insider his home without thinking that he might kill someone...a normal reaction to someone afraid and just want to finish it of before they got him..
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Boy, the lefties are going to get all whiny about this one.
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Stay tuned I predict there is more to this story...3:00 a.m. or not something hinky going on here. Appears to be no criminal activity, drugs etc yet you stab two guys you know, killing one? yeah right.“We have no ties to criminal activity at all at this point,” she said. “These people were known to each other but at this point we have no connection to gangs or drugs that we've determined.”
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
good on him for taking care of business. I hope he is cleared of all charges. I'm sick of our laughable justice system. Bring back captial punishment, start spanking your kids if there bad.
I guess I swing a bit to the right...
I guess I swing a bit to the right...
The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
nobody going to bring up the best line of the whole story???
"a 35-year-old man and his 24-year-old girlfriend"
atta boy!
"a 35-year-old man and his 24-year-old girlfriend"
atta boy!
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
I'll admit I usually swing left but if I'm facing two attackers in my house at least one of them is going down fast and staying down for the rest of the engagement. The line between delivering immediate incapacitation and lethal force is very narrow if you don't have any tools like a baton or spray at your disposal. That is what I would consider the minimal force required for self defence.
Of course I agree something smells fishy about this one and I suspect we don't have the full story yet.
Of course I agree something smells fishy about this one and I suspect we don't have the full story yet.
Last edited by Splatm on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
I imagine there will be lots more to this story. Latest has everyone involved knowing each other so it appears that this is not your typical home invasion.
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
How come cops are taught to SHOOT TO KILL yet we have to use minimum force if someone breaks into our house?
I'm sorry but if I have to use my shotgun (it sleeps under the bed) on someone who broke into my house, there will be no hesitation to kill him in order to protect my family. The judge can do what he wants after but in the heat of the action, theres no time to think whether you should just shoot him in the leg because he might pull out a gun and kill you.
I wish Canada was like Texas. Everybody's got a gun and there is less chance someone would break into your house while you're there because they know that there is a good chance they will be shot. Lethally. The American way, not in the leg like our system sort of says.
I'm sorry but if I have to use my shotgun (it sleeps under the bed) on someone who broke into my house, there will be no hesitation to kill him in order to protect my family. The judge can do what he wants after but in the heat of the action, theres no time to think whether you should just shoot him in the leg because he might pull out a gun and kill you.
I wish Canada was like Texas. Everybody's got a gun and there is less chance someone would break into your house while you're there because they know that there is a good chance they will be shot. Lethally. The American way, not in the leg like our system sort of says.
-
Rubberbiscuit
- Rank 8

- Posts: 754
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:02 pm
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Bandit1, I am with you on this one! My shotgun sleeps under the bed as well. I was awoken by some punks trying to break into our house in the middle of the night and trust me it is not a warm and cozy feeling. You don't know if they are armed, or what their intentions are. Luckily they were all scared away when I got up and turned all the lights on. The last thing I want to do in my lifetime is kill another human being, but if someone invades my home and I consider it a threat to my family, I would not hesitate to open fire. Knowing self defense is fine and dandy but the best of karate chops is no match against a bullet unfortunately.
"Nearly all safety regulations are based upon lessons which have been paid for in blood by those who attempted what you are contemplating" Tony Kern
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Nice to see you're still out there, given'er hell I hope.I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.
We all know what I'd do.
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
-
RatherBeFlying
- Rank 7

- Posts: 684
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:27 am
- Location: Toronto
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
How interesting to hear that from an RCMP officer. Basil Parasiris is waiting trial for shooting a police officer who dynamically entered his family's home at 5:00 am. that Parasiris took for a home invasion. He's on bail.“I think if people enter your home at 3:30 in the morning it's not for a cup of tea and there was probably some nefarious component to the entry,” she said.
“The Criminal Code authorizes people to use as much force as necessary to protect themselves and their property.”
“However, that force must be the minimum amount necessary. Obviously this person had a right to protect himself but the investigation will focus on whether or not he used the minimum amount of force necessary to ensure his safety and that of the other person in the home,” she added.
Question for the Crown in Montreal -- how does wearing a badge while conducting a home invasion in the early hours of the morning make it a murder if you get killed?
Kindly note that people woken in the dead of the night do not instantly have fully functioning brains and generally react according to primitive instincts.
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
I think we should call for a ban of all assault weapons! Seriously though, it's just another use for a good "bear" gun. Say, a Mossberg pump, in 12 Ga?
-
. ._
- Top Poster

- Posts: 7374
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:50 pm
- Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.
- Contact:
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
My drunken guess is:
Drug deal gone bad. Home invasion victim does 5-10 for manslaughter.
A sh it show that I hope never happens to me.
-istp
Drug deal gone bad. Home invasion victim does 5-10 for manslaughter.
A sh it show that I hope never happens to me.
-istp
-
shitdisturber
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2165
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:38 pm
- Location: If it's Monday it's got to be somewhere shitty
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
If that's your drunken guess try re-reading the article when you're sober. Since the police spokesman said the home invasion didn't appear to be tied to any illicit activity.
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Why don't you guys shelve the macho attitude and grow up. Keeping a shotgun (or any gun) under the bed "to protect the family" is just plain stupid. The possibility of your curious kid blowing their head off far exceeds the risk of a home invasion. I would also never in my life consider having a gunfight in my own home with my family sleeping on the other side of those thin walls/floors.
Even if you shot an intruder dead, we all know the Canadian law surrounding self-defense is fucked. Your much better off going ape-shit with your old high school baseball bat while demonstrating to your wife and kids exactly how Daddy takes out the trash.
Just my two cents, flame on.
Even if you shot an intruder dead, we all know the Canadian law surrounding self-defense is fucked. Your much better off going ape-shit with your old high school baseball bat while demonstrating to your wife and kids exactly how Daddy takes out the trash.
Just my two cents, flame on.
Last edited by Mr. North on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Dust Devil
- Rank 11

- Posts: 4027
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
- Location: Riderville
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Some drunk wandered into my place a couple years ago. He took about 5 shots from my paintball gun in the face and he went running out the door. Granted it wasn't a break and enter as I never used to lock my door when I was home small town living and all (the wife always did) But now that I live in the city the dirtbag would be eating more than just paintballs. A man's home is his castle. You wanna come in you better be prepared for what you might encounter.
//=S=//
A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
The paint-ball gun is also a good idea!
- Dust Devil
- Rank 11

- Posts: 4027
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
- Location: Riderville
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
as long as your a good shot. I'd hate to pepper my walls in paint although I could deal with bad guy blood
Last edited by Dust Devil on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//=S=//
A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
Well, I got along with my an old saying from my cop days;
I'd rather be trialed by 12 than carried by 6
You break into my house, we redefine nightmare....
I'd rather be trialed by 12 than carried by 6
You break into my house, we redefine nightmare....
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
There is nothing wrong with not being a victim. Why can't we (Canadians) get that through our heads?Sasquash wrote:Well, I got along with my an old saying from my cop days;
I'd rather be trialed by 12 than carried by 6
You break into my house, we redefine nightmare....
"FLY THE AIRPLANE"!
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
-
the_professor
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1130
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:03 pm
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
And just in case Alan Rock is reading this, confirm that the gun sleeps in a gun case, trigger-lock installed?bandit1 wrote: I'm sorry but if I have to use my shotgun (it sleeps under the bed) on someone who broke into my house, there will be no hesitation to kill him in order to protect my family.
(
-
the_professor
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1130
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:03 pm
Re: Home invasion leaves one attacker dead
pokaroo wrote:nobody going to bring up the best line of the whole story???
"a 35-year-old man and his 24-year-old girlfriend"
atta boy!
Agreed! Was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that.




