They're using your enthusiasm against you guys! Come on! You love what you do, the people you work alongside would take a bullet for you (you'd return the favour except for that one guy that smells funny and talks behind your back), you go the extra mile to get the job done and done SAFELY. And what does this scream to management? Take advantage of me!!! My bumhole is your personal carnival and they're setting up a tilt-a-whirrl ! Perhaps indifference towards employment is the way to go? I have no idea, all I know is this industry observes passion and enjoyment as ways to bone you royally! A frailty, a tragic flaw...your passion, your love to fly. Hamartia! Blood, sweat, tears, lost years...and for what?
Imagine any other profession where your passion, your love for your job is observed as a weakness...a chink in your armor in which to focus an anally focused attack. Most industries reward such passion, such enthusiasm...this one...a giant target sign on the hinny. I feel like shit and want to quit this habit that is winged shit slingers.
Jack Daniels is my friend and you know it.
PS. When you do that self photo thing of you looking back from the cockpit, be sure to smile with that shit eating grin we love so dear. YOU EARNED IT!
Passion is our tragic flaw!
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore
Re: Passion is our tragic flaw!
that's true...there are those kind of people but still you can meet those that who can really appreciate and not just use you and your ability...
-
Chuck Ellsworth
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3074
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:49 am
- Location: Always moving
Re: Passion is our tragic flaw!
Yeh, they have acronyms........NAMBLA.....MAFIA.....TCCA....that's true...there are those kind of people but still you can meet those that who can really appreciate and not just use you and your ability...
The most difficult thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
After over a half a century of flying I can not remember even one trip that I refused to do that resulted in someone getting killed because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying I can not remember even one trip that I refused to do that resulted in someone getting killed because of my decision not to fly.

