I want to be a "Business Jet Pilot"

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re:

Post by AuxBatOn »

bezerker wrote:You have very similar odds of becoming a pilot with the Snowbirds.
Funny, I know someone that did both :lol:

AuxBatOn
---------- ADS -----------

Going for the deck at corner
sissyphus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: I want to be a "Business Jet Pilot"

Post by sissyphus »

First thing...apply. Ya never know.

Secondly, start prepping your self for long periods of time waiting. I highly recommend getting a blackberry, it has all your email/phone/text, and yet has brickbreaker/texas hold em/worms and facebook. Laptops with t.v shows and movies are key. That should take care of the waiting at work. Waiting at home on call, I suggest a hobby. Making wine, breeding dogs, growing facial hair, building decks, creating a mould farm. The possibilities are endless. You must grow emotionally unattached to waiting. You'll have plenty of time to practice

I work for a private corporation, same pax, routine trips and the odd surprise here and there. I highly recommend it. Most flights are at the end of the business day, so I rarely get up before noon. Fly high, fly fast. Cool machines. I can't say enough.

It takes a different kind of person to excel at this job as it is a different kind of job. You'll find yourself in a strange city in the middle of the night searching for mustard as if your job depends on it, because it might. If you're looking for a stable, predictable job, this isn't it.

The mouth is the anus of the mind.
CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

Very good post sissyphus....sounds like you have been there....

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

Skylink Express is currently looking for corporate first officers to fly cardboard executives on their converted 1900's. Good lifestyle, pleasant place.

Return to “General Comments”