Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
-
Buzz Lightyear
- Rank 5

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:05 am
Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
Hello all,
I have a question that may sound odd but the answer would be of much help to a friend working on the development of a the new C aircraft from B....
Have you ever had to use MAX power before releasing the brakes for take-off? Apart from when you were practising short field take-offs in the Cessna.
I know Airbus has a special procedure to handle that but what about Embraer?
I guess Canada doesn't really have many airports that would require it (like London City) but you never know.
Anyway, let me know if you have ever tried it and if yes where and under which conditions.
Thanks!
B.
I have a question that may sound odd but the answer would be of much help to a friend working on the development of a the new C aircraft from B....
Have you ever had to use MAX power before releasing the brakes for take-off? Apart from when you were practising short field take-offs in the Cessna.
I know Airbus has a special procedure to handle that but what about Embraer?
I guess Canada doesn't really have many airports that would require it (like London City) but you never know.
Anyway, let me know if you have ever tried it and if yes where and under which conditions.
Thanks!
B.
Born to fly, forced to work
- sepia
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 297
- Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:51 pm
- Location: creating a warmer print tone
Re: Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
Never had to do max power against the brakes. I can't think of any situation where it would be required. I believe the numbers computed by legatto (the EMJ takeoff data computer program) are based on a normal take off. So if your numbers work, then there'd be no need to run power against the brakes.
... on the midnight train to romford
Re: Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
Airbus has a limitation of 71% N1 with the brakes set.
-
Buzz Lightyear
- Rank 5

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:05 am
Re: Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
Thanks for the answer guys.
It seems to be an important issue in the design of the aircraft (the weight of the nose wheel and the control of the aircraft once the brakes are released). In order to be marketable the new plane must meet some requirements of the customer airlines, one of which is being able to operate out of London City Airport http://www.airliners.net/photo/-/-/1324 ... id=1321985 where only Avros and Turboprops go so far (I think the A318 is also approved).
B.
It seems to be an important issue in the design of the aircraft (the weight of the nose wheel and the control of the aircraft once the brakes are released). In order to be marketable the new plane must meet some requirements of the customer airlines, one of which is being able to operate out of London City Airport http://www.airliners.net/photo/-/-/1324 ... id=1321985 where only Avros and Turboprops go so far (I think the A318 is also approved).
B.
Born to fly, forced to work
Re: Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
Hello everyone. It can be done. I've gone to MAX PWR on both types with the brakes applied many, many times. However, you have to be carefull with the Bus. The parking brake will not hold... you won't get 3000 psi to the brakes with the parking brake applied. The parking brake has to be released to get all 3000 psi to the brakes. To clean out the ECS from contamination, Airbus call for a 45 min engine run at MAX PWR. To test the bleed system on the Embraer, you are up to 80% N1, and to perform a vibration survey, the engines have to wind up to the mid 90% N1 range. I hope this answers your question.
Re: Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
Engineers do all the cool stuff.
Re: Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
Ah, huh. Yeah, Cool stuff. ahem.square wrote:Engineers do all the cool stuff.

Re: Question for Embraer and A320 Family drivers
I thought one of them had a (suggestive) AC/DC tshirt


