Getting a French license

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Switzerland

Getting a French license

Post by bmc »

Can someone point me to where I can find out what I would need to do to get a French License? I have a Canadian private license with a long expired medical. I live near France and I'm toying with getting back into flying. Aside from getting a medical and some dual, I wonder what kinds of conversion is needed.
---------- ADS -----------
 
bmc
User avatar
Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:10 am
Location: Back here

Re: Getting a French license

Post by Panama Jack »

French licence? Or validation based on your valid Canadian licence?
---------- ADS -----------
 
“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
User avatar
Pratt
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: YVR

Re: Getting a French license

Post by Pratt »

And I thought you were talking about a licence to fly in the other country in Canada. :smt040
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
208Drvr
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Over here

Re: Getting a French license

Post by 208Drvr »

Id start by looking up your local flight school in Quebec.
---------- ADS -----------
 
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Getting a French license

Post by bmc »

I live in Switzerland along the french border. Much cheaper to fly in France.

In Switzerland I'd have to write exams and basically start over. Not sure about France.

Alternatively, there are a lot of "N" registered aircraft around that are for rent. I could pop into the states and get a US license, come back and fly them.
---------- ADS -----------
 
bmc
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”